PDA

View Full Version : H4H day

shettiie
1st Jul 2009, 17:06
Guys - My office (A large telecoms company in the midlands...) is looking to hold a Help for Heroes day in August - has anyone any idea how or who I would get hold of one of the RAF display caravans that you see at shows and displays? One of the lads here is running 30 miles to work (his old man is in the Army...) and he's got some of the TA guys to come in and show the flag, and they're looking for some other things to do on the day - any help gratefully received.. (P.S. this lot helped me raise £1700 for Combat Stress! http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif )

Cornerstone958
1st Jul 2009, 17:14
Try the Careers Service located at RAF Cranwell sorry no idea of the address or phone number. Also try the local Careers Office.
Good luck
CS

Wander00
1st Jul 2009, 19:02
I'll declare an interest or two - in my TA days I was on a County ABF Committee, I am a life member and Branch Hon Associate Welfare Officer for RAFA, I have been an RAF Benevolent Fund Helper, and I collect for RBL, so I have seen several sides of the issue. Firstly, there can never too much collected for Service charities, and it all get spent in the most effective ways. It is true that H4H has struck a chord with the public, and that may be reducing the money the other charities collect, but is it more than marginal. What is really required, and I cannot believe that it does not already happen, is co-operation between all the charities so that serving personnel, veterans and their families, whatever the need, get the best support possible. If a firm wants to raise money for Service charities, good luck to them: if they want help, try my old TA HQ at Prince William of Gloucester Barracks, Grantham, TA base for the Really Large Corps

Wander00

spheroid
1st Jul 2009, 21:10
Totally agree. I work a lot for the King Georges fund which at the moment is on its knees with regards to funding.... all as a result of H4H. Again I would agree that H4H is a worthy and valuable charity but it is strangling the other military charities who are all suffering. Surely there must be a military charities committee who can co-ordinate the funding of these valuable contributions. It would be a real shame to see a long and established charity having to fold due to lack of funds.

XH175
1st Jul 2009, 21:22
Hi shettiie

Where and when?

I could bring over the nose of a Canberra PR.9 for people to climb over if we can work out the logistics.

Ross

air pig
1st Jul 2009, 23:54
Hi Shettie,

Try your local Air Training Corps Squadron as well, usually pleased to help such a cause. Just go to the ATC website and it will give you all the details.

Air pig.