PDA

View Full Version : Help in Locating Kings Regs.

Vim_Fuego
1st Jul 2009, 14:13
Please excuse the departure from a purely flying subject but the chance to use the collective knowledge on here is too tempting.

Where could somebody view or even perhaps obtain a copy of the 1940-45 "Kings Regulations and Air Council Instructions"as used by the RAF during this time?

This question is asked on behalf of a veteran.

The person in question is in the Derbyshire area so an expanding circle from there to save wear and tear on him is appreciated!

GalleyTeapot
1st Jul 2009, 14:35
College Hall Library at RAFC Cranwell??

Wander00
1st Jul 2009, 14:48
Your local public library should be able to source through their national network or the Britsh Library. It will also be in the National Archives at Kew , and MOD (RAF) Air Historical Branch should have it.

Vim_Fuego
1st Jul 2009, 15:05
CHL Cranwell very kindly looked and didn't hold it. They are being good sports by having a sniff around other sources on my behalf though. I'll try the National Archives tomorrow!

airborne_artist
1st Jul 2009, 15:26
National Archives have the 1924 edition (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/displaycataloguedetails.asp?CATID=4132109&CATLN=6&accessmethod=5)

Pontius Navigator
1st Jul 2009, 17:06
RAF Museum?

dragon166
1st Jul 2009, 17:27
I have a copy of the 1944 edition (with amendments to 1947). If he needs an answer to something then I will be happy to look. As I live in Oxfordshire it is most probably a little far to travel.

Vim_Fuego
1st Jul 2009, 17:59
Thanks for that Dragon...I'm only the poor sap who was sat looking vacant in the office today that got tagged with this task for somebody who is deploying away...I've enjoyed the hunt so far to be honest and chatting on the phone to people I would never normally converse with. I'll bank your offer and once I've determined just how far the gent wants to travel or what exactly he wants out of it I'll get back to you. I'll also explore all the other ideas on here until we hit pay dirt.

Beats waiting for a serviceable jet to come up!

FCWhippingBoy
2nd Jul 2009, 10:09
Serviceable jet? In your fleet?

It'll never catch on, Vim :}