PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback on the new ATPL Human Factors exam

help me jebus
1st Jul 2009, 02:22

bensonC
1st Jul 2009, 07:38
Just got it done in time.......yesterday!!!!!! 77% which i think was quite good considering that I was some what hung over from my Grandfathers wake the day before :ok:

PlankBlender
1st Jul 2009, 10:27
It'll probably be a while before the first students sit this one, most sane people would have gotten it out of the way before the change, one can only speculate about the teething problems..

Sat mine last month, p!ss easy after a go through the Bob Tait, got 97%, and now remember that 6/6 vision equals a second of an arc and not a degree or a minute :8

JCJ
1st Jul 2009, 21:26
Had my CHUF booked for the 30th June (Tues), except ASL (actually CASA I think) had an internet outage so now I must sit the exam with the new syllabus.:eek:

CASA rang me yesterday to offer me a deal where if I fail the new exam, they will take out the TEM component and remark it. I really did not see the point in this. There is 10 addition questions, 15 min more, so not really a big deal. TEM is fairly straight forward. The only unknown is the types of questions they are likely to ask..:confused: It is my last exam so I will do it tomorrow or Monday

Lasiorhinus
2nd Jul 2009, 01:03
Thats a pretty good deal - when you DO take the exam, let us know what sort of questions you get. CASA have effectively told you you get a free shot at the TEM questions, but if you fail them, they wont hold that against you.

tmpffisch
2nd Jul 2009, 01:15
Wow, that's a pretty good deal, you wouldn't expect that from CASA.

The new material and practice questions are available from Bob Tait if you use the Bob Tait CHUF book.

Bob Tait's office is also interested in what questions you get on the exam, so they can update their material too. (Though, this would be in breach of CASA's rules)