PDA

View Full Version : Any of you guys got a cheap single for rent?

profot
29th Jun 2009, 12:10
Hi guys
I am looking to rent a single on a relatively regular basis or one off in the surrey area or m25 belt ideally.

Any offers?

Twiddle
29th Jun 2009, 14:33
Your best bet is to join a group surely?

jxc
29th Jun 2009, 15:06
Try headcorn

i believe they rent out the little turbulent very cheaply

Humaround
30th Jun 2009, 08:32
Not quite sure how that would work - shirley you can't rent out a Permit type?

Genghis the Engineer
30th Jun 2009, 09:52
Not quite sure how that would work - shirley you can't rent out a Permit type?

Lightweight single seat aircraft you can - there's a clause lurking in the ANO somewhere.

G

hatzflyer
30th Jun 2009, 10:08
Not if its laa ? can you direct me to anything that says different please.( I've got 2 single seaters).:ok:

Genghis the Engineer
30th Jun 2009, 11:28
Not if its laa ? can you direct me to anything that says different please.( I've got 2 single seaters).:ok:

Nope, you can.

ANO para 157(c)...

for the purposes of Part 3 of this Order (other than articles 19(2) and 20(2)), if valuable consideration is given or promised for the primary purpose of conferring on a particular person the right to fly the aircraft on that flight (not being a single seat aircraft of which the maximum weight authorised does not exceed 910 kg) otherwise than under a hire-purchase or conditional sale agreement.

= If the aircraft is a single seater below 910kg it isn't considered public transport if hired, and therefore doesn't require a CofA.

The paragraph is I think there because of some robust negotiations by the Tiger Club years back which allow them to hire out their single seat Turbulents. It was used by the BMAA a few years ago as the precedent to allow them to negotiate hiring of 2-seat microlights with solo occupancy.

Not a lot of people know that!

What have you got and would I wish to hire them? :)

G

hatzflyer
30th Jun 2009, 12:00
WOW, thanks for that ,you learn something every day.
A jodel d9 and a nipper.:ok:

Genghis the Engineer
30th Jun 2009, 12:21
WOW, thanks for that ,you learn something every day.
A jodel d9 and a nipper.:ok:

Hmm, I'd do a deal to have a go in either of those, especially the Nipper.

Talking of which, there's a D9 with cheap shares always going at White Waltham if anybody is looking for a cheap M25 based hour-builder.

G

Legalapproach
30th Jun 2009, 16:48
Hatzflyer

I live in Suffolk and if you're serious would be interested in either type - assuming I get through my medical renewal at the end of next month:ok:

Blackbushe Flyer
3rd Jul 2009, 11:32
Profot - What types are you interested in?

profot
4th Jul 2009, 06:47
I guess primarily a 152,172 or PA28 are types I am familiar with but I'd be very open to other types

thanks

kevmusic
4th Jul 2009, 15:09
Turbulents at Headcorn are cheap to fly - £60/hr, BUT they belong to the Tiger Club, so you must be a member, and you have to be checked out by them on the Tiger Moth first.

profot
4th Jul 2009, 16:10
That sounds fun!

Blackbushe Flyer
6th Jul 2009, 08:56
Am aware of a group at EGLK that has both a warrior and a 182.

PM me if you want for info.

hatzflyer
6th Jul 2009, 10:04
Gengis/Legal Where are you based?

Genghis the Engineer
6th Jul 2009, 11:20
Gengis/Legal Where are you based?

Found, depending upon working hours and inclination, at Booker, Cranfield or Popham. But, amenable to travelling to fly interesting aeroplanes.

Might be best we take any detailed haggling onto PMs.

G

Legalapproach
6th Jul 2009, 20:13
Hatzflyer
Check your pms

Legal

hatzflyer
7th Jul 2009, 09:17
Gengis check your pm's:ok: