PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair- The most annoying airline to fly with

onehotflyer
29th Jun 2009, 08:47
Im so glad I dont fly for Ryanair as just being a passenger with them is bad enough. The tension starts to build from the moment you log onto their website and just gets worse as your journey continues.
On line check in used to be an option but now you have no choice and still have to pay an extra £5 for it, then there is £5 for paying with a card, £1 extra if you want a confirmation by SMS, not that I do and cant imagine who would when you will have printed off a boarding pass with on line check in.
If one of their dreary looking staff hasnt pissed you off by the time you get on board then the incessant announcements at max volume soon will.
Then the captain or FO makes some half hearted attempt to welcome you on board. One has to close their eyes during the flight to avoid being blinded by the interior colour scheme however sleep never comes as the screechy spanish girl is still making her deafening announcements for scratch cards.
Top of descent arrives and one of the cockpit crew comes on again and reads off the TAF to the pax. Im sure 99.9% of them arent interested in QNH and dew point or that the wind is 230 at 10 knots with broken clouds at 10000'. Im sure the average pax on board may just be able to understand if they were told its hot and windy or cold and wet. Maybe the cabin crew had run out of things to say on the PA so they handed it over to the cockpit to fill up some air time. The last straw is if by some chance you land on time there is some cheesy announcement to say they are the number one on time airline or something like that. I guess they have to find something to brag about.

PENKO
29th Jun 2009, 08:53
Well, you want to fly cheaply or not?

deltayankee
29th Jun 2009, 09:06
There are way too many of these threads for my taste. If you have something to say about Ryanair then please add it to the long running Ryanair brickbats thread but if you just want to say you didn't pay much and didn't get much then you are wasting your time.

If you pay the príce of a pizza to fly half way across the world then you can hardly complain about the comfort or the service. If you like a lie flat bed and luxurious service then next time fly F class on a major asian airline. At Ryanair prices I think that if they don't strap you to a pallet and stuff you in the hold you are getting better than you deserve.-

jetglo
29th Jun 2009, 09:43
Trouble is, once upon a time you had a choice of airline.
Now, you still have a choice: go with Ryanair or don't go at all!

GPMG
29th Jun 2009, 09:49
................................Wrong thread

Keyser.Soze
29th Jun 2009, 10:24
well said delta. what a tedious rant. you can find fault with most airlines

Easyjet wouldn’t let me travel through over zealous application of the rules by the check in desk a few years back (other people were allowed to go). very inconvenient but i've flown with them since. they're generally fine

BA lost my bags and have delayed me plenty of times. usually they're pretty good though.

i could mention others

yes ryanair is a bit brisk and loud sometimes and that can grate occasionally, but at the end of the day they get you to malaga or marseille, almost always on time (you're dead wrong about that), in a well maintained brand new Boeing, for not that much dosh.

HeadingSouth
29th Jun 2009, 10:47
How about being glad you're arriving safe to your destination ?

And that, undoubtedly, is something Ryanair provides. Don't like it ? Don't go then.

albert738ng
29th Jun 2009, 11:35
Man you should get a licence!

GPMG
29th Jun 2009, 12:37
HeadingSouth, what a stupid comment. Should we really be grateful that we don't die at the end of each flight in a fiery death or should that be accepted as the norm?
What the hell do you fly in Vickers Vimy's?

Katamarino
29th Jun 2009, 13:31
I think that people who count 'arriving safely at the destination' as a differentiator when choosing airlines for short-haul European flights are probably either scared of flying, or were brought up in a time when flying *was* much more dangerous (both of which are, to be fair, completely valid reasons)

However, flying has moved on (in much the same way as going to New York on the QE2 is somewhat safer than on the MayFlower). There is certainly no reason nowadays that it should be used as a differentiator for this kind of flight; it should be a given, in much the same way as you don't realistically take it into consideration when booking a train ticket, or a ride on the bus.

It's always nice not to be dead when you arrive, but its completely meaningless in any kind of sensible debate about European LCCs :rolleyes:

Capot
29th Jun 2009, 15:48
As ever on these Ryanair-is-dreadful threads, someone pops up to tell us all that you get what you pay for, and because you pay virtually nothing for a Ryanair flight that's what you get.

I admire Ryanair's ability to create the impression that it is the cheapest option around, when this is normally rarely the case.

How can the message be got across, in the face of Ryanair's magnificent con, that it is often not a cheap airline to use?

I've got to go to a German city next week. I booked it up last week. BA, from LHR T5, was the cheapest option, as it frequently is, at just over £110 all in for the return flight. One LCC flies to a nearby city (30 mins by train) but the fare was significantly higher, and Ryanair had the most expensive flight of all, nominally to where I want to go but actually to an airport 90Km away! German LCCs were expensive.

Ryanair's average gross yield per passenger per sector, from all its annoying add-on and unavoidable charges, is as good as many full-service short-haul operators, and better than some. See their published accounts.

It astonishes me that they seem able to minimise their customers' expectations not because it's cheap, but because it's Ryanair.

FSXFan
29th Jun 2009, 18:26
How can the message be got across, in the face of Ryanair's magnificent con, that it is often not a cheap airline to use?

I have to disagree with this solely on the basis of my experiences to date. I fly regularly enough Dublin-Nice and ever since Ryanair started offering flights on this route since the end of 2007 they have always, without fail, being cheaper than Aer Lingus on the dates I wished to travel. My wife also travels Dublin-Birmingham quite often and usually pays in the region of 20 euro or so all in.
Now to be fair I should add this may not always be the case given their propensity to introduce charges on a whim for whatever they feel like. Although I can't bear the sight nor sound of MOL, the bottom line for me is the cheapest way of getting from A to B.

smudgethecat
29th Jun 2009, 19:06
MOL hold a pistol to your head did he? if you dont like it find a alternate way of getting where ever your going.:rolleyes:

TightSlot
30th Jun 2009, 21:00
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Please continue with the usual arguments on the usual thread