PDA

View Full Version : wso and bad driving

Warren Tanker
28th Jun 2009, 20:54
Hi

My name is warren.

firstly thanks for taking the time to read this but i would really appreciate somebodies help.
I am currently applying for the raf as a weapons system officer but unfortunataly i have a driving offence clasified under 'No Insurence' and with this they said i couldnt apply to the raf for at leest 5years. but its not such an open and close case, because there is a story and here is what hapened. My mum was in a car crash in the hospital in January so i asked my friend claire to take me up to see her, so on the way back my claire started to be sick and was unfit to drive and becuase i was insured on my as thought i was the main driver i obviously thought it was fine to drive her home. but as it turned out i was not the main driver but i drove claire home because she couldnt as she came being sick. this is my first driving offence and i have a clean criminal record and like i said it was just an honest mistake. i was wondering if there was anyway that could get into the raf with this honest mistake? if i wrote a letter and explained the situation, would they give me an excemption? thanks for taking the time to read this.

DJ Drummer

Chesty Morgan
28th Jun 2009, 21:05
*Settles back and opens large bag of popcorn*

minigundiplomat
28th Jun 2009, 21:06
Nice wind up.

My name is chavboy and i had no inshurance eiver. Let me in anyway innit.

DJ MGD

PS nice use of the word excemption. Word Bro!

Torque Tonight
28th Jun 2009, 21:22
Oh dear! :ok:

ZH875
28th Jun 2009, 21:23
Hi

My name is warren.

firstly thanks for taking the time to read this but i would really appreciate somebodies help.
I am currently applying for the raf as a weapons system officer but unfortunataly i have a driving offence clasified under 'No Insurence' and with this they said i couldnt apply to the raf for at leest 5years. but its not such an open and close case, because there is a story and here is what hapened. My mum was in a car crash in the hospital in January so i asked my friend claire to take me up to see her, so on the way back my claire started to be sick and was unfit to drive and becuase i was insured on my as thought i was the main driver i obviously thought it was fine to drive her home. but as it turned out i was not the main driver but i drove claire home because she couldnt as she came being sick. this is my first driving offence and i have a clean criminal record and like i said it was just an honest mistake. i was wondering if there was anyway that could get into the raf with this honest mistake? if i wrote a letter and explained the situation, would they give me an excemption? thanks for taking the time to read this.

DJ Drummer

Couldn't read it, it does not make sense and far too many spelling mistakes to be a WSO in the RAF.

I suggest you try the Army Air Corps, you may just be more suitable to them.:E

Mach the Knife
28th Jun 2009, 21:52
:ok: Warren, you sound perfect to me, good luck with your application, if only every WSO/NAV I have worked with was as sharp as you sound.......I think you will fit right in.

L J R
28th Jun 2009, 22:40
I was going to post, but have second thoughts..

stickmonkeytamer
28th Jun 2009, 23:46
If the captain is sick, are you going to grab his pole? That's very kind of you, but it might make him worse...

SMT

Dan Winterland
29th Jun 2009, 02:58
Quote: "Couldn't read it, it does not make sense and far too many spelling mistakes to be a WSO in the RAF."

Not sure about that. It seems he has all the qualities required!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb73/dbchippy/A2A067.jpg

pigsinspace
29th Jun 2009, 03:29
Perfect spelling to be a Loadie......

ps hope Clair is OK now.

FFP
29th Jun 2009, 04:29
That sounds fair enough to me Warren.

Out of curiousity, what was it that led to you being found without insurance ? I assume the police were involved in either a) an accident b) an unrelated offence c) a spot check.

May make a difference to whether I put in a good word for you or not :E

Dundiggin'
29th Jun 2009, 04:49
Driving without insurance is the least of your problems mate!:bored:

airpolice
29th Jun 2009, 05:42
Dear Warren,

How is your Mum? I am wondering just how big the Hospital is, having a car crash in Hospital is very rare. At our local hospital we have to leave the cars outside.

I would also be really keen to hear how far "Your Claire" got with starting to be sick. Did she go all the way?

You may be aiming a little high at WSO level, perhaps once you have added to this, your "first" driving offence, the AFCO may be more able to guide you to an appropriate career in the forces.

Don't worry about the five year delay, that will be over before you are ready to leave high school.

FFP makes a very good point, I can't wait for that update!

Pontius Navigator
29th Jun 2009, 06:14
I would also be really keen to hear how far "Your Claire" got with starting to be sick. Did she go all the way?

Maybe she was swallowing something and chocked?

Maybe you said something to her?

FCWhippingBoy
29th Jun 2009, 06:49
FWIW, Warren, the story behind it will make not a jot of difference. If you have a record, then, I'm afraid, you have a record. Move to jail, move directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200, or in your case, try again in 5 years.

ix_touring
29th Jun 2009, 07:59
Weapon Systems Officer - Aircrew jobs - RAF Careers (http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/jobs/weaponsystemsofficer.cfm)

Qualifications you need: 2 A-levels or 3 Highers or equivalent. 5 GCSEs/SCEs at Grade C/3 minimum or equivalent, including English language and maths

Including English language - at Grade 'C' or above... and you're worried about a driving issue! Did you get a Grade 'C' or above in English!?!:ugh::eek:

iX