PDA

View Full Version : Formulas & Mobiles

AvEnthusiast
28th Jun 2009, 10:42
Hey guys! I have developed some applications for myself in excel and am using them for my daily flying. But the problem is that, I'm using those applications on my mobile and when I'm using them on my mobile some of the formulas don't work although the phone is compatible for it. the mobile says syntax error. for example I have used the VLOOKUP formulas to look for some creterias in a range and as we know the range syntax we use in excel is":" like (B2:J10) but my mobile doesn't support this syntax. So does anyone know any other syntax which describe range and be usable with mobiles?

Hyph
30th Jun 2009, 23:04
Have you tried naming the cell range? Worth a try. You can then use the name to refer to the range in your formulae.

I wonder if the problem is to do with using VLOOKUP on your mobile device. The version of Excel (I assume it's a Windows Mobile device) may only support basic functions.

On your mobile device, can you use the colon ":" in a normal sum calculation? (without VLOOKUP)... as in... =A1:A9
Does that work?

AvEnthusiast
19th Jul 2009, 15:07
Hey Hyph,
Yes, it does. And even the colon and vlookup is supported. But thanks to you; your post made me check it and found that the 'MATCH' function is not supported. actually I have used match function along with vlookup. Now I need to look for something else instead of match.
thanks

BOAC
19th Jul 2009, 20:49
Cannot recall the detail but I had a similar problem with PDA Excel stuff in old Windows Mobil. I think I finished up using one of the other functions, putting it into a spare cell and then using another function on that to achieve part 2 of the required function. Clumsy but it worked.