PDA

View Full Version : First Multi-engine Job

chickoroll
25th Jun 2009, 10:37
just a couple questions, does anybody have any advice for applying for the first multi engine job? and what companies to apply to? what single experience is sort after, ive been told that you need at least 1000hrs before even applying. i have 750hrs single about 400 of them passenger charter and my SECIR and im doing my multi endo and IF upgrade end of month any help would be appreciated.

Fonz121
25th Jun 2009, 10:41
Its going to be pretty hard to just step into a multi job without multi experience. The best way to do it is get a single job in a company that operates mainly multi's and work your way up.

BKFI
25th Jun 2009, 11:26
Ditto to what Fonzie said (ayyyyyy)

I started with an operator that flies a fairly mixed fleet of singles and twins when I had about 1000 hours and, after proving myself on the singles, have steadily progressed onto the twins. Very few operators would happily put someone with no twin experience onto revenue carrying charter flights without some "proving" time. Be it 1000, 2000 or 5000 hours SE, as far as the operator (and insurance company) are concerned, the big 0 in the multi-engine column means a bit more.

j3pipercub
25th Jun 2009, 12:11
I agree with what has been said, if you keep your nose clean, you'll get on the twins. I did the same. Had about 800 hours and got on my first twin, a bongo, from the single I'd been flying, a caravan. Whatever you have to do to get that 500 multi command :ok:

Mr. Hat
25th Jun 2009, 23:19
Rubbish.

I'll PM you when I get back from work.

Towering Q
26th Jun 2009, 02:36
Up until recently it was impossible to find anyone with any decent multi engine time to fly the twins. 700+ single was a rough minimum.

It's more about the person and their ability to pick things up quickly. A period of ICUS normally determines that.