PDA

View Full Version : A 320 Nws Fault.....

scorpilot
25th Jun 2009, 04:26
FCOM 3.04.32 Pg 1 states that a reset of the BSCU is authorised on ground in order to go back to the gate for troubleshooting.

The MEL has " operational concurrence" to continue the flight, we've had a situation in the box wherein the TRE wanted us to continue taxiing and the flight after a successful reset while the pilot under check drew his attention to the above page in Supp Procs FCOM 3.

Your comments/inferences please...

A-3TWENTY
25th Jun 2009, 06:44
Once you are taxing you shoud not consider the MEL. MEL is for dispatch purposes only.

So , do what the FCOM tells you to do.If it hapens before engine start , it suposes that maintenance is already aware of the problem and you should have a feedback from them.

But , keep on the safe side.

westinghouse
25th Jun 2009, 07:53
as the previous thread stated keep it safe.
if the book says return you have to return.
the mel can be used as a guidance to gather more information abt the problem. our airline states the MEL is applicable till the take off point.
i dont think anyone would really want to continue after a steering or braking problem reset.

scorpilot
25th Jun 2009, 10:53
thanks guys, the english in the fcoms is "twisted" at times, different people come up with different interpretations...

its the same in our company about not referring to the MEL post start up..

ampclamp
28th Jun 2009, 01:48
MEL/DDG can be referred to where I work once a flt has commenced upon consultation with engineering / maint watch.
Most often they will come back to the gate.Also depends on the defect and DDG requirements.
Not all ports have engineers on station in the "wide brown land" so there are times when crew do continue under the MEL where applicable.

As for NWS faults... in my experience not worth taking any chances.

Joetom
28th Jun 2009, 14:26
As a point of interest, think the 320 can operate with NWS inop as per the MEL, think 330/340s have operated in his condition, but don't think it's in the MEL.

Thunderbug
29th Jul 2009, 09:39
Scorpilot

I think that Airbus are aware of the contradiction - My operator has just given us an Airbus Temporary Revision (TR168) that states:

If during taxi the amber "NW STRG DISC" memo is displayed along with the WHEEL N.W. STEER FAULT, or with the WHEEL N/W STRG FAULT, the flight crew may attempt to perform only one BSCU reset. The aircraft can be dispatched if the above-mentioned ECAM caution and memo are no longer displayed after this BSCU reset.

Dan Winterland
29th Jul 2009, 11:23
That TR is what my company's manuals have always said. We have always been allowed one reset on the ground.

Different companies, different regualting authorities, different rules.