PDA

View Full Version : Canadian CPL to convert to an african CPL

JohnGV
24th Jun 2009, 19:50
Hello,
I am a Canadian commercial pilot looking for a little information on flying in Africa. Currently looking for "bush" type work. Perhaps in Namibia.
What is involved in converting licenses.
Better Countries or Companies to fly for.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for taking a look.

Csanad007
24th Jun 2009, 20:25
Just visit my blog or search here for Namibia or Botswana. Lots of info. Youcan reach my blog through my profile.

Best
Csanad

DownIn3Green
25th Jun 2009, 03:34
Find someone there you all ready know...Agree to fly in the armpit of the world...(Angola, Congo, Nigeria)...make more contacts and then get a good? job in a more civilized part of that Great continent...

Africa flying is great, but with little to no experience, you need a Good Mentor...Good Luck...

oompilot
25th Jun 2009, 07:35
The converting of a licence in most African countries is normally quit simple. All you need to do in order to get a local licence is take a box of KFC along to your local CAA, hand this to an official and you get a licence. It's actually a very simple system, cutting out unnecessary paper work. Your business goes straight to there hungry stomachs. Shame it’s awful to see. This means you are in fact saving Africa with this wonderful hand to mouth system. Good luck and I’m sure you will love flying on this God blessed continent with all its exotic locations and all they have to offer.

NOTOT
25th Jun 2009, 17:24
Mooi OOM!! Wat van die Chikon Likon?:D

Csanad007
25th Jun 2009, 20:31
Never mind these guys.
Although in some way they are quite right: it is simple.
If you get to any of these countries and get a job then the employer will take care of the conversion process.

Habeas corpus...

Jumbo744
26th Jun 2009, 11:54
thanks for the link to your blog, it's a really nice one :ok:

Csanad007
26th Jun 2009, 12:33
Thanks a lot

Soap Box Cowboy
27th Jun 2009, 18:29
The conversion s prett straight forward, some local airlaw and met, when I did it there was a kick back incentive which made it easier, but nowadays it's become a bit more profesional where yoou are required to pass on your own merits. Nice to see if the process is done properly.

Basicly expect what you you got in your Iata exams and you will be ready. Though I'm sure there are plenty of places out there where you still got to greace teh wheels, Tanzania from what I know has moved forward into more of a profesional decorum to the point of even grounding the national airline, unheard of in these tinpot countries round here.

Good luck some fantastic flying round here :ok: