PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

kelevra
4th Jun 2013, 03:42
Um... Unless you have a permanent HK ID, you can't apply to the CX Cadet Programme.

Cadet programmes offered by Airlines are quite rare, I only know of two other airlines that do cadet programmes. There's Dragonair, which is owned by CX. The application for Dragonair asks you for an HK ID number but in the FAQ it says that "Overseas applicants..."

I'm not sure but I think there's a Cadet Programme offered by Emirates.

Schoolflight575
4th Jun 2013, 11:29
......:D.. .

ChinaBeached
8th Jun 2013, 10:27
Claudio - a little help? What of the 5199 previous posts or the 260 pages on this precise thread you've asked for "a little help" from?

But - you'll be perfect for the CX iCadet C-Scale job. You don't read. You don't think, your English is below par and you don't care. So if a "rumour network" is too much then they'll love you signing a legitimate contract with stuff like fine print.

So the best way is to email the CEO as one fine genius did and tell them how "passionate" you are about lowering the terms & conditions of an airline and profession. Airlines like Cathay? Yes: LionAir. Like CX you can sell your soul, work for pittance & (as a C-Scaler) not be respected by your peers or colleagues anywhere.

ClaudioBrazil85
8th Jun 2013, 23:29
Hey ChinaBeached..
Thank's for your help !!!
Seems you might be a nice guy and a good professional !
I'm sorry
If my English level/skills displeases you
You just don't need to answer
My apologies

ChinaBeached
10th Jun 2013, 09:13
Don't thank me. Thank the dumbing down of the profession & woeful standards that provide the perfect avenue for your ignorant needs. What next? Thank the mirror for showing you where the nose on your face is?

Don't apologise to me either. Apologise to the traveling public for the added severe risk you enjoy & accept dispersing upon them.

Professionalism? Ignorance attempts to ridicule things it does not or cannot possess.

urban1937
14th Jun 2013, 12:47
Anyone in the same boat for stage 1A? let's meet up for some serious revision. :)

Mediums
15th Jun 2013, 00:25
Or you could cry about it on a public rumor forum that you don't want to grow up to be an adult and want to stay in fairyland with Peter Pan and bitch more about why Barber's are no longer surgeons too. ;)

ixg888
15th Jun 2013, 06:28
Talk about an asshole.

Tomdw
16th Jun 2013, 11:52
What did they tell you JimLovell??

I try to contact now and than but they can't give us any certainty, they told me they know more about their recruitment plans of 2014 in October.

TRKDCTBEKOL
17th Jun 2013, 11:43
Has anyone got offer for CP60?

ETCT
18th Jun 2013, 10:14
Hi all, I'm new here. I just got my reply from CX that I will attend the initial A on 4/8.:D

ETCT
18th Jun 2013, 14:17
Sorry I made a mistake, the correct date is 22/8. Anyone will attend on that day?

kitcanfly
18th Jun 2013, 17:24
hi ETCT,
nice to meet u and Congrats

when did u submit yr application to CX and do u hv any flying experience?

good luck to yr test

ETCT
18th Jun 2013, 17:59
Hi kitcanfly,
I apply on April last year, really wait for a long period of time.
For me, my flying experience just upto first solo flight back on 2006:O.

TATYEH
19th Jun 2013, 05:39
Is there any trusted english course can practice icao english test in hong kong? Or even can improve the proficiency in english? The aviation english asia sound good, any comments.

urban1937
19th Jun 2013, 13:19
Hi ETCT!! we are having it on the same day! :ok:

ETCT
19th Jun 2013, 15:18
Hi urban1937, I'm having it on the morning, how about you?

urban1937
20th Jun 2013, 02:41
Yes! im for the 9:00-12:30 slot too, we are really in the same boat now, we have to prepare and perform for the best! check pm :)

vincentmakkh
21st Jun 2013, 05:51
hi mates, is there anyone going to have stage 2 final interview assessment on 16/7? please pm me if u are. Maybe we can meet up and have a leisure meal.
Cheers.

dehawk
21st Jun 2013, 07:48
Anyone going to have Flight Grading in July?:confused: PM me plz

Suzaku
21st Jun 2013, 14:00
Wao. Many of us post up good news here
Congrat to all and good luck in coming assessment
I am also being noticed to attend stage 1b in late july
hope someone can share important pt about the interview

JackyS
22nd Jun 2013, 04:04
Hi,

I'm looking to apply for the Cadet Pilot Programme offered by Cathay Pacific and would like to see if anyone can tell me when their interview takes place and how long before that should my application be submitted. Any tips with regards to the interviewing process would be greatly appreciated!!

ETCT
22nd Jun 2013, 05:12
Hi JackyS,
Just apply it when you think you are ready...
CX will have interview throughout the whole year.....

kelevra
22nd Jun 2013, 06:20
JackyS.

Last time I was offered an interview, I waited around six months for an invitation after my application and the interview was, I think, scheduled in the next month. 6 months is generally the minimum waiting time.

You should read the whole thread, beginning from page 1. There are a lot of helpful tips, as well as the process and procedures of the interview stages. You should have no problem reading through each post. Lately, the interviews have been more or less the same, that's why there isn't so many new "here's my experience" posts. It's been more of "get together study session" posts and criticisms of the CX Cadet Pilot Programme posts.

Last important fact, as of now only Permanent Hong Kong Residents are eligible for CX Cadet Pilot Programme. I see that your location is in Australia, are you a permanent HK resident?

flyer_spotter
22nd Jun 2013, 13:03
Hi all, I am having mine in early July (next month) and I will be in town by the 23rd and I am down to meet up to take care of this business!

kelevra
23rd Jun 2013, 11:13
Congrats for being invited for the interview!

When did you apply and when were you emailed an invitation for the interview?

I'm asking because since the programme as been closed to locals only I'm curious if the selection/invitation process has been sped up or it's the same as before.

Thanks!

flyer_spotter
23rd Jun 2013, 14:22
Thanks! I don't know what it was like before but I applied in mid-January and got the invitation in mid-April. So I would say around three months for me.

kelevra
24th Jun 2013, 01:37
That's actually really quick.

I last applied in November 2011 and got a call in May 2012 (had to decline due to studies abroad), so 6 months for me.

I'm guessing there are cut off points for upcoming interviews.

I just applied a few days ago but I'm hoping to get a little time to prepare again.

How's your preparation going?

JackyS
24th Jun 2013, 01:49
Thanks for your help. I was born and raised in Australia but i do hold a Hong Kong Permanent Resident Identity Card. :)

JackyS
24th Jun 2013, 01:51
What preparation would you recommend be done before applying for this programme?

NowThatsFunny
24th Jun 2013, 07:17
For a start, how about reading the other 261 pages of this thread. If you don't really care about getting this job then don't waste your time reading the thread. If you give a rats arse, then take the time, effort and :mad: initiative and don't ask such stupid questions.

Holy :mad: there are some dumb ****s wanting to get into aviation these days.:ugh:

kelevra
24th Jun 2013, 09:42
I'm going to have to agree with NowThatsFunny.

This thread has (almost) everything you need to know about the CX Cadet Pilot Programme from applicants, ranging from failed and successful to the critics of the programme.

Due to the nature of of the Cadet Programme, being a competitive and intensive process, you should do most of the studying on your own. Of course we allow discussion, sharing and constructive cooperation (helping each other in a meaningful way) but I'll be honest, that was a stupid question to ask especially with the amount resources you have in this thread.

Once again, you should start at the beginning of this thread because this thread has (almost) everything you need to know about the Cadet Programme.

JackyS
24th Jun 2013, 11:01
Kelevra, i Just wanted to clarify that I had taken your previous advice and have been reading through all the threads. The only reason i asked about about preparation is because in your earlier post you wrote that you "hoped to get a little more time to prepare again" and asked "how's your preparation going" (#5224) therefore I thought there were things you might know should be done and prepared for before the interview. But thanks for your help anyway.

NowThatsFunny, I guess your one of those smart asses that reckons their better than everyone else just from reading your posts. If you think giving other people sh*t will make you feel better and boost your self esteem be my guest because you just sound like one major loser to me. From what kelevra said this forum allows for discussion, sharing and constructive cooperation but I don't see you doing any of this but rather you just reply with trash time after time. If you have nothing better to say maybe you should just shut your mouth and get a life rather than hiding behind your computer trying to make all these useless comments. But nonetheless I have to thank you too because knowing someone with an attitude like yours is trying to get the same spot as me helps me boosts my confidence. :ok:

Lu0724
24th Jun 2013, 19:56
Last important fact, as of now only Permanent Hong Kong Residents are eligible for CX Cadet Pilot Programme. I see that your location is in Australia, are you a permanent HK resident?

Kelevra, When did this happened, I remember when I checked this cadet pilot program back in 2011 it was for all nationalities. any reason for changing this? just curious... Thanx.

cx252
24th Jun 2013, 20:24
it will not open to all nationalities anymore due to HK immigration department implementing new law on the programme as far as i know.

kelevra
25th Jun 2013, 00:15
Ahhh. Okay. It's only now that I have reread my posts. So, apologies for that and if the tone of my previous post sounded a bit aggressive.

As for "preparation", this should be mandatory for all (professional) jobs at this calibre. Your educational background can only get you so far but during the selection process they look for many other things, such as your behaviour under pressure.

kelevra
25th Jun 2013, 00:47
Kelevra, When did this happened, I remember when I checked this cadet pilot program back in 2011 it was for all nationalities. any reason for changing this? just curious... Thanx. it will not open to all nationalities anymore due to HK immigration department implementing new law on the programme as far as i know. cx252 is correct. Though I will still need to research into this because I'm not familiar with the laws regarding employment in Hong Kong. I only found out last year when applying for the second time and I saw in application page in red font that the Cadet Programme is only open to Hong Kong Permanent Residents.

Only applicants who hold a Hong Kong permanent ID card are presently being considered for the Cadet Pilot Programme. You are welcome to register your details and we recommend that you email [email protected] should your flying experience and/or Hong Kong residency status change. Oh dear, they newly updated the Cathay Pacific website with a new layout. Time to get familiar with it again.

Also, you should know that the Cadet Programme was aimed at locals because flying careers are nonexistent in Hong Kong. So Cathay Pacific gave the opportunity for locals to fly and make a career out of it. At the time, international applicants were also able to apply as DESOs and DEFOs but I'm sure this was costly because the salary (plus benefits) needed to attract applicants at an "expat level" (e.g. housing allowance).

PPRuNeUser0163
25th Jun 2013, 02:14
Just so everyone is clear..

The nationality thing/law is just for the ab initio program, since it is applicants with nil or very minimal flying experience.

AE/TT will remain open to all nationalities, it is just presently on hold.

JackyS
25th Jun 2013, 05:04
Thanks so much for your help

JackyS
25th Jun 2013, 05:13
Hi Lu0724, yes i am a Hong Kong Permanent Resident.

squone
25th Jun 2013, 22:43
Hi there JackyS.

I'm flying out from NZ to Hong Kong tomorrow for the same interviews as you, perhaps we could meet up beforehand and compare notes?

JackyS
27th Jun 2013, 03:58
Hi Squone,

I'm sorry but i think you might have misread the posts as i am actually not going to any interview yet. Are you going for the intial interview?

DrakeSkyle
27th Jun 2013, 06:37
Hi, I was just wondering, there must be some reason for the difference in Cathay's response time to different applicants after submitting the application. I sent in my application last Monday and got an email invitation to the interview on Friday, 3 days afterwards, hence my curiosity. Does it have to do with your geographical location? Or did it just so happen there were very few people from my location that applied? Also, I don't know if it helped, but I put down both interview location preferences as "Hong Kong":p. Even though I live in the US.

simona346
28th Jun 2013, 06:38
Any friends here attending the stage 2 interview on 27th or 28th August in Hong Kong? If yes, let's have a coffee beforehand:)

SloppyJoe
28th Jun 2013, 17:20
I last applied in November 2011 and got a call in May 2012 (had to decline due to studies abroad), so 6 months for me.

This is indicative of those applying, you get a call for what was once the very best of flying jobs available but decline an interview to continue your studies. What are you studying for? This job used to be a career, if you got it why worry about completing your studies?

Not having a go at you just pointing out that a job at CX now takes a back seat to completing a degree. Well done CX management.

SMOC
1st Jul 2013, 02:59
Just to let you all know the HKAOA (union) has officially said to its members that bases in CX are no longer an option and can no longer be planned for or expected in the future.

CX will however never say this as you may decide not to join if you realize you will have to remain in HK for your entire career and leaving will result in joining the bottom of another seniority list.

chris0080
1st Jul 2013, 07:07
Just finished the aptitude test a couple of days ago. There is something in-born, and something can be learned to make a good result in the test, but spending money on those third-party software (eg.cockpitweb, skytest) is not worthwhile. :hmm: Focus more on the aviation knowledge which you can prepare in advance. :(

rodrigues
1st Jul 2013, 10:46
Has there been any insight into when the AE Cadet recruitment will recommence? Is next year the assumed?

mchou83
2nd Jul 2013, 01:35
hello all~
I done my initial assessment and interview 3 months ago, waiting for the 2nd interview. I haven't hear from them yet. Just wondering what's the usual wait period for now is....?

Good luck all :ok:

Serviceman
3rd Jul 2013, 10:01
Hi guys, I did my initial 1B on the 21st June . Anyone have a clue when I'd hear from cx ? One guy in my batch moved on to the second stage ! Shouldn't I get results on the same day as him? :confused:

ixg888
3rd Jul 2013, 17:08
Some say it might commence this october.

ETCT
3rd Jul 2013, 18:19
No news is good news.....
Or maybe you can try email to ask them about your application status....

ixg888
4th Jul 2013, 09:14
Nah id rather hit the books and go simming. rather than pestering them HR people. After all its all about the patience game. In the end its how prepared you are, that matters. How well can you elaborate between piston engine and turbine engine, how is the hydraulics differ and concur from one color to another, how spanwise airflow is dejected , how winglets increase efficiency, how elegant can you define the memory items. See my friend no news is good news. But Ive got news for you. Im heavily prepared. so why pester? and by now Its only a matter of opportunity that counts.

Us, foreign candidates our only ammunition is skill and knowledge so why pester? we have got lots of prepation to do.

You locals, are very lucky. happy for you.

Cheers!

Icemath
5th Jul 2013, 06:28
Dear Sirs and Madams,
I'll be having my initial A interview soon with cathay Pacific. End of July. I was wondering what the stage initial A and B is about. And also possible some information about Stage 2, if applicable. By spitting through the forum I was able to come with the following information. Can someone confirm if whether this is true and complete ? you have my thanks.

Initial A:
- Technical MPC questions ( 45 min) based on the JKI Booklet 2010 April
- compass test on the computer with :
memory; remember the altitude, speed, radio frequency, time.
Maths; with add/substract/divide/mp questions
Multitask: receive instructions and execute on the Main instrument panel
Flight control: joystick, controll your Vertical speed indicator and balance indicator
Slalom course: use a joystick to stay in the middle of the path
Orientation : given the information with heading, compass and beacon VOR, select the right aircraft.
Basis Physics: basic physics equestions, with energy, power, acceleration, mass

- HR interview, get to know you. and some basic company and HR question some technical questions

- Abstract reasoning test , 8 figures, predict what the last one is.

Stage 2:
- Group excercise; work with your team to figure out the answer
- Technical interview with 2 pilots, technical and HR questions, based on how much experience you have.
- Personality test; choose between your peference rock music or classic music and I don't know.
-Flight planning exercise, work with your partner to figure out the correct path to fly
- math test 30 x 3 questions with a booklet and select the answer on the computer.

Serviceman
5th Jul 2013, 06:46
Cheers mate, I'll get head digging into books now :] And i'll just be patient and wait it out. Hopefully ill hear from them soon! :)

flyer_spotter
6th Jul 2013, 01:56
Hi,

Just a quick question. Since the cadet program is no longer 61 weeks and shortened to 55 weeks. How many hours will the cadets come out with?

Thanks!

greatbattle
6th Jul 2013, 14:06
Flyerspotter,

There is some confusion here in terms of the program duration. On its website under the introduction it says,"Cadet Pilot Second Officer trainees will undertake a rigorous 55-week training programme." but when you scroll it down and flip to the Program and Requirement section, it says" Cadet Pilot Programme – a 61-week programme for applicants with low experience and no ICAO CPL". So is it a 55 or 61 week program?? Not so sure. Let's say if they really have cut the program short, I don't think it would be detrimental to your flying hours neither. They might just speed up the training trying to feed you everything in 55 weeks. Just a piece of my mind. Anywayz, to your question, the easiest answer would be 200 hours according to their website. "Training includes 160 hours of flying by day and night, in a variety of single and twin-engine light aircraft, and 40 hours in simulators"

Icemath,

You should draw a line between COMPASS and HR interview. Everything below this line and above the word "stage 2" would be under the category of Initial B. keep in mind that you won't be able to do the B unless you pass the A.

flyer_spotter
7th Jul 2013, 02:45
greatbattle,

It's definitely 55 weeks now because they are introducing a new syllabus. The total hours for the 61 week program was around 220 and now that it's 55 weeks I am not sure what to say for the interview. I heard it is near 150-180 hours...can anyone confirm? Thanks!

orangeboy
7th Jul 2013, 05:13
They cut some flying hours out of the flying syllabus, as to exactly what hours they cut, you would have to find out from HR or a cadet.

cx252
11th Jul 2013, 20:03
what sort of question will be ask during interview?especially technical part?I have only read about the Pilot's handbook of aeronautical knowledge.

ixg888
14th Jul 2013, 00:39
they will prolly ask you about reciprocating engines. the type of aircrafts they fly. aircraft systems. meterology. airlaw. about cathay. flight instruments. basic navigation.

HunGJaI
16th Jul 2013, 18:33
Well I changed my date... my stage 1A is now September 5... I land in hkg on September 4 (hope this jet lag don't kill me :))

Anyone else doing it around the same time?

NowThatsFunny
17th Jul 2013, 07:19
For those asking about what kind of questions they're asking, I have a friend who recently completed all of the interviews and he said that on each stage of personal interviews he was asked very specific questions about light aircraft and (as was mentioned just above) reciprocating engines. Apparently it is very important to know about the first type of aircraft you will be flying in Adelaide. He also mentioned that as the interviews progressed (including stage 1 interview) they also asked very advanced questions about mach tuck and advantages of winglets. They also asked him to describe specific details on most of the current CX fleet of aircraft.

I hope this helps with your preparation. I'm still waiting on my call up.

nickloon
17th Jul 2013, 09:10
i just wonder that are those who get their called to the selection are all hong kong resident or the one holding permanent HK resident identity card ?

cx252
17th Jul 2013, 10:49
For those asking about what kind of questions they're asking, I have a friend who recently completed all of the interviews and he said that on each stage of personal interviews he was asked very specific questions about light aircraft and (as was mentioned just above) reciprocating engines. Apparently it is very important to know about the first type of aircraft you will be flying in Adelaide. He also mentioned that as the interviews progressed (including stage 1 interview) they also asked very advanced questions about mach tuck and advantages of winglets. They also asked him to describe specific details on most of the current CX fleet of aircraft.

how many hours do your friend have?or is he doing engineering degree? as i know the more flying experience you have, more difficult question you would be ask during interview.
by the way, any recommendation about the books for those without aviation background to read?

cx252
17th Jul 2013, 22:39
just found this great pieces of work are truly inspiring.

Pilot Training ? From Zero Hours to ATPL (Part 1) « Andrew Pretty (http://www.andrewpretty.co.uk/index.php/2010/11/25/pilot-training-from-zero-hours-to-atpl-part-1/)

Pilot Training ? From Zero Hours to ATPL (Part 2) « Andrew Pretty (http://www.andrewpretty.co.uk/index.php/2010/12/04/pilot-training-from-zero-hours-to-atpl-part-2/)

Pilot Training ? From Zero Hours to ATPL (Part 3) « Andrew Pretty (http://www.andrewpretty.co.uk/index.php/2011/02/11/pilot-training-from-zero-hours-to-atpl-part-3/)

Pilot Training ? From Zero Hours to ATPL (Part 4) « Andrew Pretty (http://www.andrewpretty.co.uk/index.php/2011/10/11/pilot-training-from-zero-hours-to-atpl-part-4/)

dolpinsky
18th Jul 2013, 14:47
when i had my attempt last year
most tech questions asked as i remember were from the JKI and the "basic aeronautical knowledge"
so i think if u study these things well u'll be fine. (although i failed because of the personal part)

TOGA-D24
19th Jul 2013, 15:31
I think the technical questions are also based on your flying experience as well. If you have some hours on certain aircraft, you should know this aircraft inside out including its emergency procedures. The more licences and experience you have, the more difficult the questions may become.

On a side note, anyone got the book Useful Tools Useful Notes for pilot interview? How accurate are their notes on the selection process?

arnold_lmc
22nd Jul 2013, 09:19
hi guys, 1 silly question

is re-application considered 12 months from the date of previous application submission or from the date I got rejected on my previous attempt?

Thanks guys, wish you all good luck.

kelevra
23rd Jul 2013, 03:35
12 months begin from the date of your rejection/withdrawal. Not the date from when you submitted your application.

Almost approaching the date to apply again?

Good luck to you too.

arnold_lmc
24th Jul 2013, 03:00
Thanks a lot kelevra!
I will have to wait for some time before I can apply again...
finger crossed

24th Jul 2013, 12:39
anyone will have stage 2 interview/ exercise on Late Sept2013?

immune
24th Jul 2013, 22:59
Hey 003300,

Congrats on stage 2! How long after your first stage did you hear from them?

25th Jul 2013, 00:57
around 10days after initial interview

flyer_spotter
25th Jul 2013, 03:59
That's awesome! I had mine two weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from Cathay. Hopefully it will be the good news. :}

crashing1234
26th Jul 2013, 04:46
Copying my post from the pprune dragonair cadet page.

Hi Guys i came across this B737NG flight sim class on the internet. It seems quite useful to know how a big jet actually flies. The course will be held in August 2013 in Hong Kong.

Quoting the english description of the class details from the link.

--------------------- English description------------

This class will introduce the pilot and the non-pilot alike to the experience of flying the best-selling jetliner in the world, the Boeing 737.

The class will revolve around three flights using a Boeing 737-700 Next Generation simulator, flying from Hong Kong (Chep Lap Kok, VHHH) to Taipei (Taoyuan Airport, RCTP). We will talk about the different stages of flight: takeoff, climb, cruise, descent and landing. During the 1h 30m flight, we will discuss topics such as: aerodynamics, flight-planning, navigation, communication, and autopilot on the 737.

Age: 17 years old and above No previous flight knowledge or experience is necessary.

This will be an eye-opening experience for anyone who's always wondered how an airliner flight is conducted. This course will benefit anyone who would like to find out more about flying, to anyone who would like to explore piloting as an aviation career, or anyone who is planning to apply for airline cadet programs.

-------------------Link--------------------

Link to B737NG Flight Sim Course (http://adults.graceyard.edu.hk/index.php/2012-11-11-22-38-09/2013-07-24-14-52-39)

SloppyJoe
26th Jul 2013, 07:37
About the instructor:

He has a passion for aviation, and has had the privilege and unique opportunity of taking one-on-one simulator flight lessons from a current Boeing 747 airline pilot. Through this course, he would like to share this knowledge with everyone who is interested in aviation.

So charging HK$1,500 for a class (NOT one on one) in a simulator he is flying as expect there will be too many students to all have a go flying it. His only qualification to give this course is he knows a CX747 pilot who has given him a few lessons. This guy does not seem qualified to be offering a course about anything to do with aviation, to me it sounds like he is trying to make a fast buck exploiting starry eyed cadet hopefuls.

Give me HK$1,500 and I will spend two hours with you, one on one. I at least have a pilots license, am a qualified instructor and actually work for a major asian airline, not just know some guy who does.

CodyBlade
26th Jul 2013, 13:42
WTF! The instructor actually knows a pilot? [who works for a major airline]

Oh guys, lets HR know you 'enrolled' for this 'course'. In fact call the CEO and tell him you are ready for icadet scheme.

WTF IS GOING ON WITH THIS INDUSTRY!!!??

dolpinsky
26th Jul 2013, 13:49
I actually laughed when i saw this guy who's not even a real airline pilot but just random guy that "knows a pilot" trying to do business here.

cx252
28th Jul 2013, 04:51
did anyone lose passion or lose interest in flying after reading BAK and those PPL books? how to overcome this issue? Im sorry to ask such odd questions.:ugh:

Jarvis0630
28th Jul 2013, 06:12
I'm currently doing an undergrad in Canada, but I want to become a pilot.

I'm just wondering how long does it take around, to get a reply after I submit the application for HKID holders (3 star), and any opinions on if it's wise to apply during my undergrad?

crwkunt roll
28th Jul 2013, 08:27
did anyone lose passion or lose interest in flying after reading BAK and those PPL books? how to overcome this issue? Im sorry to ask such odd questions.:ugh:

If you seriously had any "passion" for flying, you would not ask such a stupid question, even if you apologise for asking it!

chris0080
29th Jul 2013, 04:09
Does anyone know if physics test is included in the CX compass aptitude test? I know other parts quite well by reading the thread and I am just not sure about this.

skylark89
29th Jul 2013, 09:16
Hey guys! Just a quick qn, how long does it take for CX to get back to you after application? I applied on the 13th of July.

Flyboat North
30th Jul 2013, 04:40
Is the advanced program open now to non HKID holders or not. When you look at the cadet recruitment website it says HK only.

Is this actually correct - I knew the ab-initio was HKID only - and quite correct doing that I think.

If advanced is now open to HKID only - does anyone know when or if this restriction might be lifted.

Tried contacting company directly , never respond to an email, never answer a phone call

orangeboy
30th Jul 2013, 06:27
Ab initio (Cadet Pilot Program) is only open to HKID holders. It is currently open and they are actively recruiting.

Advanced Entry is open internationally, it has just been put on hold for the time being. Same goes for the Transition course. When will it open again, no idea, probably next year sometime at the earliest.

chris0080
30th Jul 2013, 07:45
Does anyone know if physics (basic physics studied in college) is covered in the CX Compass aptitude test? (I have searched the information by google but no one gave a definite answer to it) Thanks!

simona346
30th Jul 2013, 08:30
In my case where I took the compass test in May, yes there was a part on some basic physics questions.

Flyboat North
30th Jul 2013, 08:33
Just had a look at the FTA website, saw the grad photo to CP 51 - congrats to all

Clearly only two Asian people among the 18 graduates, and this course commenced in April 2012

I though the HKID only was bought in well before this. Clearly whitey's (of which I am one) can have HKID , but isn't really the aim of HKID to get more people of Asian background into the cockpit.

Must have been a lot of internationals on this course I would think - odds of 16 whiteys with HKID - slim to say the least.

schweizer2
30th Jul 2013, 09:00
Flyboat North,

Your post has to be the most pathetic thing I have seen in a long time.

What an earth does skin color have to do with having an HKID card?
Do your research and find out what the HKID is instead of cheering that "Whitey's" can have one.

No matter your skin color, If you are born in Hong Kong you can be the holder of a permanent HKID. (As an example of how a "whitey" can get a hold of an HKID)

I feel like I now have to act in complete shock the next time I see a slim person holding an American passport..... Granted I'll probably receive some flak for that last comment.

Can't wait to see the friendly CX crew say how much they'd love to sit next to you for 12 hours in a tiny flight deck.

cx252
30th Jul 2013, 14:54
guys,any flying school in Philippine recommend?I want to obtain my PPL before applying cadet.

CodyBlade
30th Jul 2013, 15:51
What is a 'whitey; [sic]

If it's what I think it is then:

Balckeys
Redeys
Browneys
Pinkeys
Yellowyes

Also can?

CodyBlade
30th Jul 2013, 15:54
Cx252 beware of the Pinoy flying 'schools'.Do your due diligence.

Why you want to get a PPL? It won't be an advantage at selection stage.

And BTW you cannot do it in 45 hrs. Even Biggles cannot..

Flyboat North
31st Jul 2013, 03:08
What an earth does skin color have to do with having an HKID card?

Well quite a good deal when you consider:

Hong Kong is in Asia
Hong Kong is part of China
95% plus of HK people are of an Asian race

Anglos expats typically go to places like HK to work in Professional jobs for stints typically between 2 to 5 years .

This normally would not be enough for a expat child to gain a HKID card. Year sure there are always exceptions - airline pilots stay longer - we already all know that.

Few Anglo children stay the seven years to gain HKID and very few are born there.

How many Anglo's between ages 19 to 23 would actually hold a HKID card , I would say under 1000 , more likely under 500

Have a look at the Dragonair ab-initio grads - pretty much all Asian background very occasional anglo faces.

The point is that the odds of the 16 of the graduating class or a significant portion of them holding HKID is millions, more likely billions to one.

So clearly they are foreign nationals, and good luck to them everyone earns a place at Cathay.

They question I asked really was quite a simple one. We all know Cathay stated they would be giving preference to HKID , yet we clearly see a course starting April 2012 that is nearly all Anglo - non HKID holders. So when do we see the effects of this new policy

schweizer2
31st Jul 2013, 12:36
How many Anglo's between ages 19 to 23 would actually hold a HKID card , I would say under 1000 , more likely under 500

Something tells me your figures would be quite off.

I went to an international school where the majority of the students were
of non-Asian race and the majority had permanent HKID cards.

Do not forget Hong Kong wasn't owned by china pre-97, still a lot of, as you would say, whitey's, growing up with HKID cards and who knows, some may stay and have white kids who will in turn own an HKID card.... and so on.

Don't forget that the non-HKID holders who went through the interview process were still being selected or were awaiting for the course to start. I could be completely wrong but I believe the HKID card rule was to stop the initial process of new applicants.

Saying this, no one has any right to complain about Hong Kong making their own law's. Surely if a country like Australia can refuse you because you are not Australian, Hong Kong should be able to do the same.

flyer_spotter
31st Jul 2013, 12:50
Does anyone know the schedule for overseas applicants with HKID (eg, when will stage 2 be conducted)?

I know we are supposed to be done with the selection process by September but I had my 1B about three weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything (no phone call/email)

Fingers crossed for all of us! :ok:

cx252
1st Aug 2013, 04:39
no news is good news:ok:

flyer_spotter
1st Aug 2013, 07:30
That's what everybody says...let's hope that is the case ;)

amy2400
4th Aug 2013, 10:19
Do you know what books are best to study for cpp? I have absolutely no knowledge on aircrafts.

DrakeSkyle
5th Aug 2013, 01:51
You can read up info online. There are a lot of sources. Or you can look into some books on aviation. "Flying the Big Jets" by Stanley Stewart and "Flight without Formulae" by AC Kermode are my recommendations.

Jarvis0630
5th Aug 2013, 17:39
Does anyone know if a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree fulfills their education requirements and will Cathay look down upon it?

Thanks!

suntorytimo
5th Aug 2013, 23:14
Yes any university degree meets their minimum requirements, I doubt they would look down upon it, as long as you can successfully demonstrate a passion for flying.

hklovers
7th Aug 2013, 03:10
hi everyone

anyone received email from cathay asking to re-submit the application again???

I just had the initial-A yesterday, then this morning got the email saying to re-submit.......

CodyBlade
7th Aug 2013, 05:15
I would say proficiency in English is a big factor even more so than type of degree.

skylark89
7th Aug 2013, 07:04
Got my email to resubmit for a 2nd officer position... :(

DOes that mean I'm not selected for the cadet program?

PPRuNeUser0163
7th Aug 2013, 07:43
given these emails are being sent out at different times and to different people, what's the significance as well as the 6 weeks?

ramp up of recruitment as cx has found just hiring locals wont fulfill medium to long term pilot targets...?

gachu
7th Aug 2013, 13:24
I have a similar situation regarding the resubmission…
I applied the cadet programme online on 23 jul, then got an email for re-apply as a Second Officer today. Does it normally require people who applied cadet to re-submission as a SO?
I dont have any flying exp. and engineering background, can anyone plz tell me about the interview questions they ask about for the candidates without any aviation background?
I found theJKI and Pilot's Handbook for study, but no luck with BAK, are those enough for preparing the interview?
Many thx…

gachu
7th Aug 2013, 13:40
I have a similar situation regarding the resubmission…
I applied the cadet programme online on 23 jul, then got an email for re-apply as a Second Officer today. Does it normally require people who applied cadet to re-submission as a SO?
I dont have any flying exp. and engineering background, can anyone plz tell me about the interview questions they ask about for the candidates without any aviation background?
I found theJKI and Pilot's Handbook for study, but no luck with BAK, are those enough for preparing the interview?
Many thx…

Bathurstwalla
7th Aug 2013, 16:07
What about Griffith Universitys deal with Cathay that was announced last year? Will training move to their base from Adelaide or is that an entirely separate scheme? Has the course even started?

404 Titan
8th Aug 2013, 07:49
Quote:

ramp up of recruitment

I highly doubt it as they are now offering crew unpaid leave.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

404 Titan
8th Aug 2013, 07:53
And the Hong Kong Immigration Department still has a ban on CX
hiring cadets without the right to live and work in Hong Kong, ie a Permanent HKID Card.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

CodyBlade
8th Aug 2013, 15:16
Fyi 'P' HKID needs a residency qualification of 7 years.Its different from a plain vanilla ID card.

Some of you asking why cannot get a work visa via an entity whose employ you will be under.The issue is 'unskilled labour'.Which 1st world/developed country will issue a visa to this category?.

Classic case of chicken and egg.

So if you are really keen and motivated go get 250 stick and rudder time and learn the industry from the bottom up -like most of us.

Bathurstwalla
8th Aug 2013, 16:04
I was under the impression that there never will be non-hkid ab-intio cadets ever again.

October 2013 was mentioned before about possible restart of AE and TT recruitment is this still the case? Does anyone have numbers of AE and TT candidates who have already passed interviews but are waiting on start dates?

Fabby88
8th Aug 2013, 22:48
Anyone in Toronto who would like to meet up on a regular basis to prep for CX interview of any type, please leave me a PM.
This could be Initial A & B interview and mainly the Final Interview, including Group Exercise, Flight Planning, Technical Interview.

Good Luck to all !

NZ744
8th Aug 2013, 22:52
So where does this all leave those of us who completed interviews and sim assessments over a year ago and have since been patiently waiting for a transition training course date? Cathay advised about a year ago there would be a 10 -12 month wait until TT courses resume but haven't heard much from them since. Having put off offers to other airlines here in Australia, I wouldn't be too impressed having to wait too much longer. How many of us are in this situation? :ugh:

Luxury Villa
9th Aug 2013, 00:58
Bathurstwalla I was under the impression that there never will be non-hkid ab-intio cadets ever again.

The strong rumours circling are that there will be no non-HKID cadets at all - AE and TT included (for a good few years at least).

Doesn't look good if NZ744 is waiting on a TT start date and hasn't heard a thing. I'd also be interested to know how many AE and TT are waiting on a course start date and if Cathay have been in touch to confirm whether it is still Oct 2013?

flyer_spotter
9th Aug 2013, 01:53
It is Oct 2013. A friend of mine is starting in Oct with Cathay and he is an AE cadet...been waiting for over a year now.

CodyBlade
9th Aug 2013, 03:48
AE and TT candidates you already have Lic. and 'X' hours -hence easier to present you to imm as 'skilled' labourers.

pilotboy88
9th Aug 2013, 09:39
Hello I'm trying to apply for the Cadet Cathay Programme, but at the moment i'm getting this message:

System Error

The online application system is currently unavailable, please update your application information later.
If you need further assistance, please contact our eService Centre at +852 2747 2200 or send an email to [email protected]. (1099)

Anyone else getting the same problem?

Jarvis0630
9th Aug 2013, 15:08
Haha, thanks!

Any chance you know if an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) fits the requirement as well?

Bathurstwalla
9th Aug 2013, 15:21
It is Oct 2013. A friend of mine is starting in Oct with Cathay and he is an AE cadet...been waiting for over a year now.

Is that for definite mate? When did they do their flight grading and when where they told about an October start date?

Thanks

kycfi85
9th Aug 2013, 16:40
Yes, it aggregates me that some of you want a job at a major airline with zero flight time. I'm sitting at 500tt and building upon that everyday. Why should you be hired over someone that has the flight experience?

greatbattle
10th Aug 2013, 06:24
Haha, thanks!

Any chance you know if an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) fits the requirement as well?

It depends. If the OSSD you have that shows that you made a good grade in Maths and Sciences then obviously you got the ticket. but if it is not, well in theory you still can send your application in, but the chances for you to be looked at, I would say, Zero. Hope it helps.

Jarvis0630
10th Aug 2013, 06:55
It depends. If the OSSD you have that shows that you made a good grade in Maths and Sciences then obviously you got the ticket. but if it is not, well in theory you still can send your application in, but the chances for you to be looked at, I would say, Zero. Hope it helps.

I majored in business during my final years of high school, so I didn't take science courses, I do have math courses tho... :S

kachan
10th Aug 2013, 16:43
I applied the cadet programme online on 11 Jul and received the invitation for stage 1A email on 22 Jul to have the 1A one 25 Sep. However, I also received the re-submit application email on wednesday as well as other in this forum. So do I still need to re-submit it since I already have the invitation? Thanks.

flyer_spotter
11th Aug 2013, 00:38
Yes you will still have to resubmit your application, unfortunately. But it's in no hurry since you are given six weeks to do it. It won't affect the schedule for your upcoming 1A and 1B

Fly_Higher
11th Aug 2013, 04:16
I understand no news is good news.

Just wonder anyone in this forum did stage 1B in the last few weeks and still waiting CX reply ?

Arthur_Grob13
11th Aug 2013, 04:32
Is anyone here going to attend stage 2 on the coming 28th Aug?

gachu
11th Aug 2013, 06:20
Is there anyone submitted the online application for cadet programme after 23 jul and received an invitation for interview already?

hklovers
13th Aug 2013, 13:35
I have my stage 1b on 23Aug

stfy
13th Aug 2013, 14:30
Hello everyone, Nice to meet you all! ;) Just wondering who here has stage 1 for the cadet pilot program on the 9th of sept? Please let me know! Thanks! :ok:

stfy
13th Aug 2013, 14:33
Hello everyone, nice to meet you all! ;) Just Wondering anyone here has stage 1 on the 9th of sept? Please let me know. Thanks! :ok:

stfy
13th Aug 2013, 14:37
Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all! ;) Just wondering who here has stage 1 on the 9th of Sept? Please let me know. Thanks! :ok:

gachu
13th Aug 2013, 16:59
Stfy, hklovers, when did u guys submit online??

flyer_spotter
14th Aug 2013, 02:24
I just resubmitted my application two days ago. Has anyone resubmitted theirs and gotten the invitation already?

pilotboy88
14th Aug 2013, 04:39
I submitted my application last night.

jumpseatCAPT
14th Aug 2013, 05:22
stfy, this is an online forum, not a whatsapp group chat, you don't need to post once every 3 minutes just because you didn't get a reply.. you're not gonna make it very far with that kind of patience, or lack thereof..:ugh:

flyer_spotter
14th Aug 2013, 06:00
Just as long as he doesn't talk to his girl like this...:}

gachu
14th Aug 2013, 07:29
Is there anyone in hk submited the application recently and waiting for a initial interview? Please pm me to share information~

hklovers
14th Aug 2013, 07:47
i submitted back in june.......done stage 1a on 6Aug

Tomdw
14th Aug 2013, 23:01
Hello there NZ744, I'm in that situation as well, did Initial A in september 2012, got the email in December they would start recruiting again in october, haven't heard much from them either, so I send them an email now and then. They told me to wait patiently till October until they can give me an update on the process. Nothing we can do in the meantime...

waifung2002
15th Aug 2013, 07:11
Are you the HK resident Tomdw?

Fabby88
19th Aug 2013, 14:13
Whoeever want to prep for cx, please PM me
We have a group of 5 atm

gachu
21st Aug 2013, 11:57
R they also pending the recruitment till Oct for the 0hr cadets? Seems the process is quite quiet recently.

kachan
21st Aug 2013, 13:07
gachu

Yes, I think they already did.
I applied in mid July and received the Invitation 10days after to have the 1a on 25 SEP.

stfy
21st Aug 2013, 14:12
are you in hk? im flying early next month for my stage 1. I think the recruitment are still on hold .. not sure when are they are gonna start sending more cadets ( im guessing this time around it would be the hk locals) to fta.

Jarvis0630
22nd Aug 2013, 05:19
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if the type of degree matters, because I'm currently in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's of Business Administration, and we don't really take much math and science courses, so will that affect my chances?

Thanks!

kachan
22nd Aug 2013, 05:54
stfy

I just moved back to hk from california in mid July.
right, no idea how many classes still waiting to FTA

stfy
22nd Aug 2013, 06:35
jarvis0630

Hey jarvis, i don't necessarily think the type of degree matters, as there have been cadets in fta previously doing Bachelors of Arts, Business and etc.. I believe as long as you have done some maths and science subjects during your high school and you will be alright with that. I don't think it will affect your chances too if you are doing a business degree at the moment. all the best!:ok:

Jarvis0630
22nd Aug 2013, 12:25
Hey jarvis, i don't necessarily think the type of degree matters, as there have been cadets in fta previously doing Bachelors of Arts, Business and etc.. I believe as long as you have done some maths and science subjects during your high school and you will be alright with that. I don't think it will affect your chances too if you are doing a business degree at the moment. all the best!

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! I stopped taking science courses in my last 2 years of high school cause i chose to major in business... am i screwed? Hahaha, cheers!

rcdc2
25th Aug 2013, 04:21
Quick question, does anyone or has anyone not been able to attend an interview and managed to push the date back with CX??

I have a 1a interview on Oct 21st but due to university examinations, I am unable to attend.

I really hope I don't have to re-apply again....

Please advice guys.

Cheers.:)

DrakeSkyle
25th Aug 2013, 08:28
Quick question, does anyone or has anyone not been able to attend an interview and managed to push the date back with CX??

I have a 1a interview on Oct 21st but due to university examinations, I am unable to attend.

I really hope I don't have to re-apply again....

Please advice guys.

Write to them and explain your situation. I have a friend that pushed his 1A back twice, and he's now going to do it in October.

greatbattle
25th Aug 2013, 09:39
Or, simply give them a ring between 1000-1200 HKT, that way you can save a lot of time, and it's the fastest way to get your next interview date.

Fabby88
26th Aug 2013, 22:24
We will be holding sessions sometime this week,
please leave pm with your email and we will add you guys in

6Strings
27th Aug 2013, 00:53
Hi! I am also preparing to apply this year, can I join the group? Thanks!

johnson25
27th Aug 2013, 11:15
Me too, may I join too?

gachu
27th Aug 2013, 14:29
Hi guys, anyone got the invitation for 1a and 1b after re-submit the application as per the cx email?

propilot9
28th Aug 2013, 13:33
Hey all, regarding the CX Cadet Program, they're only intaking Hong Kong nationals only right?? Have foreigners applied for the role?

Cheers!

johnson25
28th Aug 2013, 15:14
Yes, CX do mention the CPP is only for applicants who have right of abode in HK

Fabby88
28th Aug 2013, 18:45
Anyone interested in the Prep session,
We will have the first one, this Friday, 8PM EDT
Please leave your email in PM and i will send you the instructions for the meeting online.
good luck everyone !

johnson25
28th Aug 2013, 19:30
Oops I will not be free on this Friday, sorry guys

flyer_spotter
28th Aug 2013, 23:01
Hi all,

I just got the email about my 1B result. I am down to meet up in the future to prepare for Stage 2. Let's do this guys!

fs

hklovers
29th Aug 2013, 01:27
flyer_spotter

when did you do your stage 1b??
i done my stage 1b last friday and i am still waiting for my results:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Serviceman
29th Aug 2013, 09:44
Hi all,

I'm having my Stage 2 on the 28th Oct. Would anyone be placed in that interview too? Would be good to meet up beforehand and have a chit chat ;)

Cheers

DrakeSkyle
29th Aug 2013, 14:35
When did you guys do your 1B?

Serviceman
30th Aug 2013, 01:30
DrakeSkyle,

Did it late June. I had some medical issues that's why they kinda postponed my stage 2 interview.

Cheers.

DrakeSkyle
30th Aug 2013, 04:08
Serviceman how long did it take you to get a date for stage 2? So you would have gotten to stage 2 earlier if not for your medical issues?

JacksonPCL
30th Aug 2013, 07:54
Hi all,

Anyone has 1a on 2-Sep (Mon)?

How long does the entire interview process goes? I mean from Stage 1 to confirmation that you are going to FTA.

Stage 2 is group interview, right? Anyone has done it before?

btw, I love the idea of getting together for prep sessions, couldn't make it to the session tonight though, leave me a msg if you are interested to set up other prep sessions.

DrakeSkyle
30th Aug 2013, 14:29
Hi all,

Anyone has 1a on 2-Sep (Mon)?

How long does the entire interview process goes? I mean from Stage 1 to confirmation that you are going to FTA.

Stage 2 is group interview, right? Anyone has done it before?

btw, I love the idea of getting together for prep sessions, couldn't make it to the session tonight though, leave me a msg if you are interested to set up other prep sessions.

The entire process takes months. The wait between stage 1 and 2 seems to take awhile, however as I understand once you get to stage 2 the process speeds up a bit. Typically people find out at the end of the day whether they made it to stage 3 or not.

Stage 2 consists of a group exercise, not a group interview, as well as more aptitude tests, math tests, flight planning exercise with a partner, and a final interview which includes both HR and technical questions. From what I've read, this interview is where most people make it or break it.

Fabby88
30th Aug 2013, 19:39
Prep group 8pm EDT. Please leave email on PM.
will add you to the group meeting online

Relampap
31st Aug 2013, 16:37
i would like to join your prep group. please include me. PM my email to u

kitcanfly
1st Sep 2013, 06:07
i would like to join too
sent PM to u
thx

pilotchute
1st Sep 2013, 09:11
If you have sent a PM, wait a day or so to see if the person replies. If they don't reply then post that you have sent one. The last page literally been just for people to say they have sent a PM.

This isn't a social networking site.

tidussephiroth
3rd Sep 2013, 10:57
Today I did the initial a. Does it matter if I didn't finish the Math test? I had 2 unanswered out of 24.:ugh:

I also want to ask how long does it normally take for the result of 1a.

hklovers
4th Sep 2013, 02:43
tidussephiroth:

for my 1a, it took a week and a bit for them to send me an email saying you passed. The email will also say the time and date of stage 1b

tidussephiroth
4th Sep 2013, 06:41
Thx hklovers:). BTW how much time did you have from the day of receiving of the email to the date of 1b?

HunGJaI
4th Sep 2013, 09:52
1A tomorrow...fun fun...!!!

Jimjimmy
4th Sep 2013, 12:53
Just been given a start date for October!!! Anyone else received the good news? Been waiting 12 months

hklovers
4th Sep 2013, 13:50
tidussephiroth:

i have about 1 week and a bit......i did 1a on 3rd, then have email a week and a bit later, 1b is on 23......so thats about 1 week and a bit as well;);)

avac02
4th Sep 2013, 15:06
Do CX test Physics questions

jumpseatCAPT
5th Sep 2013, 02:25
Jimjimmy,

So they are starting TT and AE back up?
J

flyer_spotter
5th Sep 2013, 06:02
I guess they are just starting the courses that were once on hold (good news to those that have been waiting patiently!). Cathay is still only recruiting locals with HKID at the moment.

pilotchute
5th Sep 2013, 06:19
Before everyone gets too excited. I have posted here recently that CX have a large backlog of people to get through before interviews for AE and TT for foreigners re starts.

There are people just waiting to start AE and TT courses at FTA who have completed flight grading. There are people who have passed stage 2 TT and AE and are waiting for flight grading.

It's going to be well into next year before stage 1 interviews happen again for foreigner AE and TT.

Relax

dean2
6th Sep 2013, 09:42
Can anyone else confirm the TT/AE situation?

Dreamlinerwannabe
8th Sep 2013, 08:36
Anyone got invited to do stage II in Nov? Wanna meet up to study together?

hklovers
8th Sep 2013, 13:19
i got an email last week saying i passed stage 1
but the email said that there is no date yet for my stage 2, they will email me the date later......

Dreamlinerwannabe:
when did you do your stage 1b??

Serviceman
9th Sep 2013, 07:32
Hi All,

Just making another announcement whether anyone would like to meet up and get to know each other before the interview for stage 2 on the 28th Oct 2013. It would be great to know everyone beforehand so we can all do well :] cuz stage 2 is all about communication. Please PM me!. :)

Cheers!

Aleboni
9th Sep 2013, 08:14
Do you know when they open again for foreign guys?

lkcmss2000
9th Sep 2013, 10:22
Just had my 1a recently

JKI is not hard but the booklet isn't good enough for the test! Know sth abt the company too!

Compass is easy just read the instructions carefully and play attention during the test!

Fingercross to all of you!

aviator1598
10th Sep 2013, 05:01
Wish good luck for every one including me :ok::ok::ok:

ka333
13th Sep 2013, 07:27
Anyone will have Stage 2 on 12 Nov?

hklovers
13th Sep 2013, 08:19
i have just receive email to do stage 2 on 11Nov

KA333: did your email say to you re-submit the application again before stage 2 to get a new PRN?? but I got a new PRN before doing stage 1b becos cathay change the system and sent me email saying re-submit......

I sent an email back asking this issue and also say i can attend the assessment

easonicos
13th Sep 2013, 09:00
HunGJai: I did 1a with you! have you made it to 1b?

ka333
13th Sep 2013, 09:24
Same case for me....so I just quoted the new PRN in the email

hklovers
13th Sep 2013, 10:11
Ka333: so you did not re-submit a new application and just quoted the PRN you got previouly in the email?

CodyBlade
13th Sep 2013, 13:03
I have a feeling this goose chase is a ploy to test you guys out.

See who shows enough stamina/gumption/initiative to figure out what's really happening.

hklovers
13th Sep 2013, 13:35
KA333:
forgot to ask, you replied back saying your attendance, right? Did he reply you back yet?? cos he haven't reply me about my attendance nor the question

i might wait until monday and then give him a ring

ashraf007
13th Sep 2013, 18:13
Have you received any replies from CX?

hklovers
14th Sep 2013, 01:15
no, not yet:{:{:{

ka333
14th Sep 2013, 03:04
no reply yet

flyer_spotter
14th Sep 2013, 05:54
Hey guys, don't worry. I just asked a friend who's down at FTA he said he didn't get a reply back for the attendance confirmation. So I am guessing if you sent it then you should be fine.

I am having Stage 2 in late November btw! :O

Dylann
14th Sep 2013, 16:58
Hey there guys Im a PPL holder and Im curious to know bout is it a must to have our degrees or diplomas in HK? From what I saw from the requirements of cadet programme is to have a HK recognised degrees /diploma ?????? Anyone please help me to solve this????????????????????? :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

dolpinsky
15th Sep 2013, 02:49
no
what u really need is a HKID...

CodyBlade
15th Sep 2013, 04:46
And 3 days to read through this thread.

Wow, can't believe gen 'x'

Atlas Tang
15th Sep 2013, 15:14
Hi! I am new to here and just got the email from CX saying that I will be invited for the stage 2 interview soon. So may I ask is there anyone interested to prepare for the assessment like gp discussion tgt?

PS: I am applying the CPP with 4.5 flying hours

hklovers
16th Sep 2013, 01:11
Just got a reply from CX, the guy said if I have previously got a PRN, then i can ignore the message

flyer_spotter
16th Sep 2013, 09:36
I could be wrong but it seems to me that there are quite many candidates making it to Stage 2.

Has this always been the case? I have a few friends that didn't make it through 1A because of the Compass test but so far I still haven't heard anyone being turned down after Stage 1B (not that I want anyone to fail!)?

active sport
16th Sep 2013, 13:35
Yes flyer_spotter that can be the case. Actually it is easy to be ok in the first 1 or 2 stages.

But do keep in mind that not many candidates can go through the whole selection process. This is also the case.

DrakeSkyle
16th Sep 2013, 18:27
I know quite a few people from my 1B who didn't make it, but I think that most people who fail, fail at stage 2.

kelevra
17th Sep 2013, 02:15
If you're prepared enough, Stage 1 is relatively easier.

From past posts, if you read what happens Stages 2 & 3 it looks more intimidating because of the panel & management interviews and the ICAO English tests, then there's the medical tests (which are, to some degree, out of your control). Stage 1 is more about getting the general feel of you and seeing if you've got the basic skills down.

As for me, I didn't get past Stage 1B thanks to the simple general interview because "stupid, naive and invincible 18 year old me" thought he could get everything coming straight out from secondary school.

greatbattle
18th Sep 2013, 11:34
Speaking of the selection process, I've heard that the management decided to outsource the ICAO English Test and make it a prerequisite, guess part of the company's budget cut. I wonder how many of them can actually make it to stage 1A..

ka333
18th Sep 2013, 13:01
Those who are having Stage 2 in Nov. What is your exact date?

hklovers
18th Sep 2013, 14:22
KA333: i am having my stage 2 on 11Nov, how about you??

DrakeSkyle
18th Sep 2013, 17:43
Mine is on 27th November.

ka333
19th Sep 2013, 04:01
I'm on Nov 12

sujith777340
20th Sep 2013, 09:02
Hello Friends I am new to this blog and I would like to ask some questions on CX cadet programme.....

Is it possible for an individual(International applicant) possessing a valid CPL with 250 flying hours to apply CX cadet program?

And, how much success rate one would expect to get in to the cadet program and ultimately to a S/O position in CX for International applicants?

Dreamlinerwannabe
21st Sep 2013, 01:43
Hi is there anyone having stage 2 on 26th Nov?
We have 4 guys at the moment, please pm me, we are waiting for you to join us!
Good luck to everyone working on getting in!

greatbattle
21st Sep 2013, 02:30
Is it possible for an individual(International applicant) possessing a valid CPL with 250 flying hours to apply CX cadet program?
You are way qualified for the AE stream based on your flying experience but keep in mind that the course is currently closed. No word yet when it will reopen. Your application will ultimately be put in a waiting pool, indefinitely.

And, how much success rate one would expect to get in to the cadet program and ultimately to a S/O position in CX for International applicants?

I don't wanna be sarcastic but what would be the point to ask for the success rate if you can't even get into the game? Unless you have a HKID OR an ICAO ATPL with 1500 hours your success rate would be, Zero.

Gatwick pax
21st Sep 2013, 09:56
I don't wanna be sarcastic but what would be the point to ask for the success rate if you can't even get into the game? Unless you have a HKID OR an ICAO ATPL with 1500 hours your success rate would be, Zero.

ICAO ATPL with 1500 hours? I thought they stopped the TT recruitment stream with the Advanced Entry. Wouldn't their success rate also be Zero unless you have HKID?

sujith777340
21st Sep 2013, 15:48
Thank you 'great battle'....last month i've received an e-mail from CX stating that they were accepting applicants(of any nationality) having a valid ICAO CPL/ATPL with 250+hrs in excess for an S/O position through their Advanced Entry programme(32 weeks). Also it has been said that they recruit 180 cadets a year at 6 intakes with 30 per intake.

flyer_spotter
23rd Sep 2013, 04:57
No it doesn't always stay the same...in fact, nothing stays the same at Cathay. The intake is different each year depending on the demand for pilots.

Gatwick pax
24th Sep 2013, 11:32
Thats not correct sujith777340. I received an email yesterday from Flightcrew Recruitment specifying the Advanced Entry and Transition Training Programmes were suspended until further notice. Who knows how long further notice is...... Hopefully not too long.

jumpseatCAPT
25th Sep 2013, 01:17
Please note that there are close to a hundred if not hundreds of candidates at various stages of AE and TT assessment in the hold pool. If you are not one of those in the hold pool, it may be closer to the tail end of 2014 before you will hear anything definite.

Serviceman
25th Sep 2013, 10:17
Hi guyz, I posted earlier to see if anyone was doing Stage 2 on the 28th Oct 2013. Currently I have 1 on my list, but would love to meet more of you all before the big thing comes. :))) PM me if anyone is doing their stage 2 on 28th OCT 2013!!!!

Cheers,

Serviceman

sujith777340
25th Sep 2013, 16:54
thanks gatwick pax and jumpseatcapt.......it seems very hard to get in to CX unless through cadet programme... :{ :(

ashraf007
26th Sep 2013, 11:31
Dear Mr. Mohamed,

We are delighted to learn about your interest in the Cadet Pilot Programme offered by Cathay Pacific Airways.

However, due to the current Company Policy, please be advised that the Cadet Pilot Programme is open to the residents of Hong Kong who have obtained the Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card only.

The objective for Cathay Pacific to institute the Cadet Pilot Programme is to give an opportunity for the people in Hong Kong to enter the aviation industry. Therefore, to be a Hong Kong Permanent Resident is a prime requirement.

Best regards,
Flight Crew Recruitment
Cathay Pacific Airways
/at

CodyBlade
27th Sep 2013, 03:00
Its not even a plain Vanilla HKID but a HKPID.

Shd put up a stickie so ppl dnt waste time.

pilotchute
29th Sep 2013, 01:14
So the big "October announcement coming up!"

I reckon they will "announce" another "announcement" in the New Year as they still haven't figured out the pilot numbers yet. Anyone else got an opinion?

simplylife
29th Sep 2013, 04:11
hi, anyone having stage 2 on 13 Nov wanna meet? please pm me:)

Cathay Cadet Pilot
30th Sep 2013, 14:35
Anyone going to have Stage 2 assessment on 14 Nov? Please pm me so we can get some practice tgt

3rd Oct 2013, 20:56
Hello,

i read the online requirement, it seems that if u have a university/college diploma (2 year) in any discipline, u are ok.

can anyone confirm that ?

Thanks,

pilotchute
4th Oct 2013, 03:05

Don't know if you have noticed but AE is closed to Non HK ID card holders. Unless of course you have one. As for the 2 year Diploma, it clearly states on the website

"Have completed secondary school and have good passes in mathematics and science, or have a degree or diploma, or have passes in all ATPL subjects"

You don't need anyone to confirm this it appears.

4th Oct 2013, 04:15
Don't know if you have noticed but AE is closed to Non HK ID card holders. Unless of course you have one. As for the 2 year Diploma, it clearly states on the website

"Have completed secondary school and have good passes in mathematics and science, or have a degree or diploma, or have passes in all ATPL subjects"

You don't need anyone to confirm this it appears.

pilotchute
Thx for replying, but im talking about the advanced entry with cpl and 250+ hrs, not Cadet Pilot Programme with 0 hrs, cuz that one is for hkid only. The other two are open to any nationality. So i will be ok and i now feel reassured

thx,

jumpseatCAPT
4th Oct 2013, 06:01
You do realize that both AE and TT recruitment and courses are currently suspended until further notice right?

They are only interviewing AB folks with a PHKID at this moment. Even if or when they restart AE and TT, there are a rather large group of people waiting for an AE and TT course that will go through before they start looking at new interviews.
Have you gone through the interview process yet?
Or are you just getting started with the application?

J

5th Oct 2013, 05:17
jumpseatCAPT,

You do realize that both AE and TT recruitment and courses are currently suspended until further notice right?

They are only interviewing AB folks with a PHKID at this moment. Even if or when they restart AE and TT, there are a rather large group of people waiting for an AE and TT course that will go through before they start looking at new interviews.
Have you gone through the interview process yet?
Or are you just getting started with the application?Ok ic. Actually, im far far away. lol. i have started and im working towards my PPL, hopfully, i will have my CPL by late next year. the weather is terrible in Vancouver. i guess i have been busy with my ppl that i dident notice the latest news on AE and TT. i hope things will pick up next year. thx for the info anyway

pilotchute
5th Oct 2013, 07:28
Programmes and Requirements

The three Second Officer entry programmes are:

Cadet Pilot Programme – a 55-week programme for applicants with low
experience and no ICAO CPL. Please note that applicants for this programme
are required to hold a Permanent HKID card.
Advanced Entry – a 32-week programme for applicants who possess an ICAO CPL
and have in excess of 250 hours flight time in specified categories.
Transition Training – a 5-week programme for applicants with an ICAO ATPL,
with a minimum of 1500 hours total time, including 500 hours multi-engine time
with a MTOW greater than 2000kg.

Training is conducted at Flight Training Adelaide (http://www.flighttrainingadelaide.com/), Adelaide, Australia. Training
consists of technical ground school, HK ATPL subjects and flight training. All
programmes introduce and/or consolidate jet aircraft operation, multi-crew
operations, safety standards, efficient operation, passenger considerations and
flight operation disciplines.

To be considered for a flying career with us you must:

Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
Be physically fit and qualify for a Class I Medical
Meet flight deck reach requirements which is subject to a functional reach
test
Have completed secondary school and have good passes in mathematics and
science, or have a degree or diploma, or have passes in all ATPL subjects
Share our passion for aviation

Only applicants who hold a Hong Kong permanent ID card are presently being
considered for the Cadet Pilot Programme. You are welcome to register your
details; we recommend that you provide professional/personal updates to your
profile should your flying experience and/or Hong Kong residency status
change.

Looks pretty easy to follow from where I am.

CodyBlade
5th Oct 2013, 08:27
I cannot believe the people applying these days.

Didn't even avail himself with the pertinent,basic,fundamental,baby-steps requirements.

It's like wanting to play tennis, but don't even know its a racket game and one of the pre-requisites is having at least one arm!.

Can I have the ex-airforce/GA bred guys?

pilotchute
5th Oct 2013, 13:21
That really sums it up doesn't it Codyblade,

I received an application once that had half the medical questions blank. I called the guy and told him that sending in a form that isn't complete won’t do him any favours. He told me he was unable to get the answers to the questions from his mother.

"So you’re telling me you have to ask your mother if you have had Tuberculosis or Malaria?"

I got an email from him a week or so later wanting to know why he hadn't been called for an interview. He couldn't figure it out himself so I had to tell him. He thought I was being unfair on him.

This is an update to the original post. For those of you who didn't get the point I was trying to make I will spell it out for you. If you cant understand information presented to you in a straight forward manner written in English then maybe you are embarking on the wrong career path. This forum is littered with people who seem unable to grasp simple concepts or ideas and need other forum members to "check" that they have the right understanding of something.
The person who I mentioned above had 250 hours TT with the usual endorsements yet he seemingly had no idea if he had ever contracted these two life threatening diseases. If it was mumps or chickenpox then it would have been different.
Please think before you post and don't expect other forum members to do your research for you. The moronic questions asked by people on this forum would make a lot of people in Cathay now dread what type of person they will have to endure sitting next to if even half these people manage to get in.

greatbattle
6th Oct 2013, 13:31
Just get over it Pilotchute. Unless the company opens another FAQ page for those moronic questions I think it will just keep flooding in to a point where you don't want to look at it anymore. Why? A. These guys don't read. B. Simply they just dont care what you think/said. So why bother.

hklovers
6th Oct 2013, 14:48
Agree with great battle

Actually I prefer these moron to apply CPP, cos as more and more of there moron apply, CX will realize how precious normal candidates who meets their requirement

pilotchute
6th Oct 2013, 17:03
Greatbattle and Hklovers,

I see you guys are locals. Do you really want to have these guys on your course if you are successful?

hklovers
7th Oct 2013, 01:28
pilotchute

of cos i dont want these moron to be on the course
But i have faith in CX selection team.......they will do their job and get rid of these morons before they even get to stage 1a:D:D

jumpseatCAPT
7th Oct 2013, 03:16
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Einstein

pilotchute
7th Oct 2013, 03:29
I don't know. When I did stage 1 the filters must have been broken judging by the applicants I sat with.

8th Oct 2013, 00:27
HELLO,

just wondering where can u get the latest news on AE, besides checking the official website.

thx

pilotchute
8th Oct 2013, 03:10

Have you bothered to ready any of this thread?

Serviceman
8th Oct 2013, 03:42
Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone is doing stage 2 on the 28th OCT 2013!? Would you guyz wanna meet up before the interview so we can have a better preparation for it :D Please PM me if interested.!

Cheers!

stfy
8th Oct 2013, 04:39
hey guys, just wondering is there anyone who failed their first attempt and decided to apply again after the waiting period and got through? They ask me to re-apply in 6 months time and i am really thinking of doing it again, just wanted to get some info out there. thanks heaps! :ok:

kelevra
8th Oct 2013, 09:05
I failed my first after Stage 1b. I applied 12 months later but had to decline the invitation due to studies overseas. Waited another 12 months to apply again. Technically, this is my third attempt.

They ask me to re-apply in 6 months time

Have they lowered the waiting period between attempts now?

stfy
8th Oct 2013, 09:22
Yes, i have checked with some of the others who didnt make it and were given the option to re-apply in 6 months time, although i doubt they were given priority or any sort in that matter, back to the end of the line.
How long did u need to wait after you applied the second time to get the invitation? Good luck on ur 3rd attempt :ok: ..