PDA

View Full Version : Colerne?

Arenigltd
23rd Jun 2009, 11:23
Has anybody on here any experience of visiting this airfield? Are GA aircraft welcome?

My daughter is going to Bath Uni and wants me to come pick her up occasionally - to impress her friends! Hardly, in our beaten up 40+ year old C-150, but that's girls for you.
Cheers
Martin

Fuji Abound
23rd Jun 2009, 11:41
I have flown over many times but never called in. I did however ask them last time on the radio if they welcomed visitors - they said they did. I always felt it was an "unusual" field because it is not listed in most of the guides. In fact I think I even asked a question on here about the field some while back - it might be worth checking the search function.

Failing that the alternative is of course Bristol Filton albeit perhaps a little far from Bath.

DX Wombat
23rd Jun 2009, 11:47
Yes, I have. :) it's a friendly place :ok: but strictly PPR and has Strike Command landing fees (can't remember what it was as it was 2.5 years ago.) I flew in in a C152. You need to remember that it only operates Wednesday to Sunday except during the Summer Camp season from mid-July to the end of the school holidays (approx). Refuelling has to be by prior arrrangement (paperwork problems etc) :(

DaveW
23rd Jun 2009, 11:53
If Colerne isn't open when you want to go in, there's always Garston Farm just to the North.

Fuji Abound
23rd Jun 2009, 11:57
Garston Farm Airstrip Information (http://www.garstonfarm.flyer.co.uk/index.html)

Oops, just to add Garston could be another alternative reasonably well placed.

Arenigltd
23rd Jun 2009, 12:11
Thanks for the info folks.
Cheers

DX Wombat
23rd Jun 2009, 22:06
Just realised I didn't say that during Summer Camp time the airfield operates Monday to Friday. :O