PDA

View Full Version : CC Jeppesen Interbids

surfside6
23rd Jun 2009, 05:33
Anyone had any experience with this bid system?
Just looking for a few pointers regarding any difficulties or pitfalls.
Thanks in advance

OCCR
26th Jun 2009, 08:39
I have had a look at this as well and its bloody confusing.
It looks like a minefield, but no doubtr we will get used to it and in a few months time no one will say anything.
Why did Qantas introduce this! :ugh:

blueloo
26th Jun 2009, 12:53
... easy because it is better for them.

The techies have had a few runs with it - a mixed bag with low (approx 50%) participation rate. Many of us would like it to have the same features as the current system - as interbids is lacking in many areas.

It has a very slow interface for a start. Very cumbersome. Essentially the system was not setup for the way we like to bid - it suits many other airlines because I believe many do not give their crew much choice.

It suits QANTAS because it is much more efficient - less blank line holders etc.

OCCR
26th Jun 2009, 13:04
blueloo,
has yours gone live yet and if so have you noticed any changes in your bids?

blueloo
26th Jun 2009, 22:54
Not live this month - it has been deferred.

Not sure why - the msg was - the company has been very happy with the results so far, so we are deferring it this month, no more practice runs.

I guess another month of people figuring out how bad it is compared to the current system wasn't in the companies interest!

DEFCON4
27th Jun 2009, 00:03
Had a play with it.Its a bit clunky.You have to be careful not ot bid against yourself.ie giving bids the same points.
When does it go live?...at Christmas.Sick leave will be huge

H_Girl
28th Jun 2009, 06:33
It may seem a silly question however, how many points do you have to start with?

twiggs
28th Jun 2009, 09:17
H_Girl,

You have unlimited points, but a maximum of 1000 can be given to any one bid, specific or standing.
It is explained pretty well in the guide.

The example given in the guide goes something like this.

People with enough seniority to bid specifically:
Give first choice bids/days off 900-1000 points, backup specific bids 400-900 and standing bids 10-400, negative bids less than 10.

People with less seniority:
First choice standing bids/days off 900-1000, backup standing bids 10-900,
Negative less than 10