PDA

View Full Version : Sony t9 problems

SpringHeeledJack
22nd Jun 2009, 18:02
I have a sony t9 camera, bought 3 years ago and it has given sterling service allowing me to take reasonable photos with a very small compact camera. Recently it has started to play up, when i turn it on it makes a whirring noise and the picture shudders. It seems to be connected to a known fault with the lens focusing mechanism. It is possible to stop it, but it's very hit and miss to be honest and sods law i'm travelling at the moment and need to use it daily which is very frustrating to say the least.

Looking with google i found a few threads here and there with fellow sony owners having the same problem and thought perhaps one of the pprune diaspora might have had the same problem and found a novel solution. As i'm travelling i can't leave it to be repaired and anyway the repairs would most likely cost more than the camera is worth now. Perhaps it's planned obsolescence :hmm: Anyhow if anyone has an idea, just like noddy's friend, i'm all ears! Btw the error code is E:62:10 that flashes on the screen.

Thanks

SHJ