PDA

View Full Version : about FMS procedure

Quazimodo007
21st Jun 2009, 09:14
So my dear collegues with experince,if you are cleared for an RNAV STAR ,but you have no this procedure in your FMS data base,can you accpet this procedure with simple entering points in your FMS from your jeppesen chart?

speedrestriction
21st Jun 2009, 12:25
I suspect not as the RNP requirements are more restrictive on STARs than they are en-route and I haven't encountered a facility for manually setting a RNP for en-route segments which I believe the box would consider your entry as.

sr

adverse-bump
21st Jun 2009, 12:31
if your above fl095 you have to have a FMS so the question is pointless.

potkettleblack
21st Jun 2009, 12:34
Our OPS manual specifically prohibits us from amending the database. Reasons are that in many of these SIDS/STARs there can be underlying arcs, fixes etc which we cannot physically create by manual entries. If we ever find ourselves in a situation where we are given a procedure which is not in the database (never had one yet) then we are required to ask ATC for radar vectors instead.

A and C
21st Jun 2009, 18:10
If its not in the database you cant fly it............. endex!

p0815
21st Jun 2009, 20:52
And what to do if no radar available? You create your own points using the coordinates out of the chart...big deal!

500 above
22nd Jun 2009, 10:43
Where does it say that you need an FMS above FL095? Can you quote the reference to that?

And FYI we cannot accept an RNAV STAR without it in the database with my lot.

P0815 mate, what's radar got to do with waypoints? Do you think that we get RV's along airways? Procedural seperation/Flow restrictions most certainly but nothing to do with building 'user defined waypoints', as every FMS with a current DB cycle would have all waypoints associated with airways and terminal areas/procedures in them.

betpump5
22nd Jun 2009, 12:02
Firstly, NO!

Secondly, maybe you should consult your Flight Sim X SOPs. Seriously, this question should not be directed here, in fact it should not be a question at all.