PDA

View Full Version : Wot a toy!!!

RadioSaigon
20th Jun 2009, 23:05
I think I'm in lust...

Don't know if this has been posted before, but have a look here (http://www.sherpaaircraft.com/) -what a (wee?) beastie!!! Don't know which is my fav... that -720 sounds awesome but man, you could go places in the turbine!!! Take a look at the specs: 170KIAS in the cruise seems to be what they're anticipating! There's some serious competition there for a whole class of current GA airframes -especially those doing tourist work in remote locations I reckon! With those fuel-burn figures and the payload, they'll even give some fling-wings a bloody good run for their money!
They have some pretty impressive video on the site I've linked there, and have a look on youTube too... there's even more there!

havick
20th Jun 2009, 23:28
Radiosaigon, I just had a look at their website. Seems they fall into the experimental category. So it looks like the clapped out old pistons will still be flogging around for a while yet, whilst these aircraft remain only a toy to those who can afford to have one.

RadioSaigon
21st Jun 2009, 00:04
Seems they fall into the experimental category...

Yup, as we speak she seems to be still firmly in the kit-build/experimental category, but with only 10hrs to fly (as reported on the website) in the certification programme, it wouldn't seem to be long before she's there and competing!

tinpis
21st Jun 2009, 01:56
Ideal for white-bait poaching, Toheroa poaching, scallop poaching, and electric puha gardening eh bro?

PlankBlender
21st Jun 2009, 02:01
continuing on with the test flight series with only 10 hours left to go. At that time we will have our FAA certificate for experimental amateur built.

RadioSaigon, it sounds from the site that the test flying is to get it into the experimental category, the way that airframe looks methinks it would be a bit of a journey to get it fully certified..

The Green Goblin
21st Jun 2009, 03:24
Interesting they opted for the TPE331, obviously they were aiming for reliability over something like a PT6 :}

Who knows perhaps we'll have the Sherpa Salute on ramps up north in the near future

sms777
21st Jun 2009, 03:27
Tinpis, ya Silly Old Git. You crack me up everytime :D:D:D

You owe me a new keyboard, mine has coffee dripping off it. :O

remoak
21st Jun 2009, 09:37
Ideal for white-bait poaching, Toheroa poaching, scallop poaching, and electric puha gardening eh bro?

Nah cuz, we use them for harvesting the wacky baccy and flying pigs out of the bush, eh bro. Just stick the wheels off a Mk III Zephyr on it and she's good to go. Stick the mokopuna in the back and pedal to the metal!