PDA

View Full Version : ATP scheme

Charlie2009D
17th Jun 2009, 18:06
hi guys, i'd like to talk with cadets of ATP, about their experiences.
Cheers

CaptainElectron
19th Jun 2009, 20:13
Don't bother with them - a friend of mine has had a terrible experience with them. They'll be very good with taking your money, but when it comes to actually getting you a job, absolutely useless. If you're not too careful you'll be £30,000 further in debt without a job. The TRE is very cunning and not to be trusted. Stay away from them, you'll be better off.

EpsilonVaz
19th Jun 2009, 23:33
CaptainElectron, that depends who your friend is.

I wouldn't class ATP as the "take your money and hang you out to dry" type TRTO's. They have been open, and helpful to me, and to most of the people I know that have been through their scheme. I am very satisfied with the service ATP provided.

So, to answer a common question:
If I knew what I know now, would I do it again? Yes.

However, people need to understand that you don't pay £30k and that gets you a job, YOU MUST ATTAIN A STANDARD during your training. That is up to you. You cannot expect airlines to employ below par F/O's because they feel they're "owed" a job for paying the money.

So, as I said, depends who your friend is.

Halfwayback
21st Jun 2009, 21:29
Having met a number of the ATP pilots I can say that they are all too aware of the fact that there is no job at the end of the course but they see it as a way to gain experience - and thus a qualification - by actually flying the line for a number of sectors.

Most of those I have met have come through the traditional routes of FI or OAT / Cabair. They all are great people trying to get a covetted job in aviation.

HWB

mlee
23rd Jun 2009, 17:35
There will be no job opp at the end despite what Cpt Curd may say/or not say.

Kirks gusset
24th Jun 2009, 22:17
Well, there's lots of 737 guys who paid for a type rating and line sectors and are still waiting for the line flying through EagleJet many months on, the RAM guys are still hanging around and there are plenty of type rated 737 drivers with hours looking for work.. Point being? why not try Airbus, at least you have a chance of actually getting the line sectors this year. No TR comes with a cast iron job offer and it is pretty bone headed to think it would! I've no idea what the marketing pitch of this company is but would doubt it actually guarantees a job at the end.