PDA

View Full Version : ATPL exams the same in any JAA member state?

INNflight
16th Jun 2009, 16:32
Forgive me if this sounds like an obvious question, but are all ATPL exams using the same question bank no matter which member state, or do they vary from country to country?

If that is the case, there would not be much point using the Bristol QB for example, if one takes the exam outside the UK.

Again, apologies if this sounds obvious, but my experience with various JAA member states just proves that there are tons of differences in between them, so I wanted to make sure.

Cheers

redout
16th Jun 2009, 17:06
I have actually seen exams from two JAA countries and would tell you that more or less they originally worked off the same database and the biggest difference was only in the wording of the questions. Some countries for example the UK add new questions and remove ones which are appealed more regularly than most other JAA countries.

redbar1
17th Jun 2009, 15:24
Short answer: Same CQB, but could be different versions, current CQB is #13 or #14, depending on implementation of FCL1 amd7/FCL2 amd6 or not.
Cheers,
Redbar1

Alex Whittingham
17th Jun 2009, 16:10
The UK database is more like CQB13+ now, they've been importing questions from CQB14. Some states use questions others don't, The Hellenic CAA, for instance, use Flight Planning questions based on the A330 which they call LRJT-1.

lasseb
9th Aug 2009, 10:24
Allthough JAR has one central question bank, each member state is no obliged to use the newest version, and each member state has different approach.
The matter is worsened by the fact that memberstates implement different versions of the ATPL syllabus, and thereby different versions of the central question bank

Examples:
Denmark uses the 1999 revision of the syllabus and uses basically the JAR central question bank

Sweden has implemented the 2008 revision of the syllabus, and has its own reduced question bank of approx 2000 questions taken from the central question bank.

Germany uses the newest 2008/2009 revision.

The revision / question bank version is reflected differently in the various online question bank systems (bristol/aviationexam.com/jaaqb.com etc)

tdk90
9th Aug 2009, 23:31
Will the LBA (German CAA) accept my UK ATPL exams?

LH2
10th Aug 2009, 01:50
lasseb & al, do those authorities (Scandinavians, Germans, ...) translate the question bank(s) into their own languages, or are the exams in for example Germany, always in English?

Just curious.

YarreYarran
10th Aug 2009, 02:26
Goof info.

Greg2041
10th Aug 2009, 16:56
Can those queuing to take the exam in Sweden, please do so in an orderly fashion!

A 2,000 strong question bank seems rather attractive..........

Keith.Williams.
10th Aug 2009, 17:49
Not if the questions are in sveeeeeeeeeeeeeeedish!

tigermagicjohn
10th Aug 2009, 18:37
Questions in Norway are in English, would assume the same for Sweden. I know that also Norway use the older version, no idea of the questionbank size, however they recommend Bristol QB.

lasseb
11th Aug 2009, 16:12
The ATPL (theoretical) exams are in english for most JAR states. I have heard of some exceptions (France), but not many, and I'm not sure if it still goes. Anyone knows more here?

Swedish (and danish) theoretical ATPL exams are in English.

Just to clarify on the Swedish question bank:
It's not a fixed set of 2000 questions. The swedish CAA takes questions from the central question bank now and again and puts it in their own database. In the process the question is validated to avoid the more stupider ones. (and the central question bank has a lot of those).
Also be ware that sweden uses the new(er) 2008 syllabus. If you question-bank, make sure that it also uses that. (I know that aviationexam.com and jaaqb.com is updated, but not sure about bristol)