PDA

View Full Version : Some one Advise me Please

flyingvikings
16th Jun 2009, 13:36
I currently got admission in the Madiba Bay School of Flight in South Africa and also I got admission into the Canadian Flight Center BC Canada. I am just confused as Madiba bay seems to be cheap $25,000 for PPL, CPL, IR, MULTI while the Canadian Flight Center will cost me $33,000 for same. Please someone advise me where to study which will give me a better experience and job opportunity. From both which is more respected Canadian License of the South African License.

I am just confused....

nastyevil110
17th Jun 2009, 20:48
go to canada....

jbayfan
17th Jun 2009, 21:42
And your reason for saying that, Nastyevil110?

sapper6fd
17th Jun 2009, 21:52
Hey,

I'm a new guy here and am thinking about doing the same thing you are. I live in Vancouver and have been down to Canadian Flight Centre a number of times checking things out and asking questions. Almost everyone I've spoken to has said its a great school to go to. And being out of Boundry Bay (so I'm told) - if you can fly in and out of there, you can fly in and out of any airport in the world. Its apparently the bussiest airport in Canada due to the high volume of aircraft comming and going from it.

My two choices between flight schools are Canadian Flight Centre or Professional Flight Centre (www.proifr.com (http://www.proifr.com)). Just my 2 cents - I would say Canadian Fligh Centre.

dedax
8th Jul 2009, 09:27
flyingvikings,
When are you heading out to Madiba Bay? I have just been referred to the school by another with too many intakes to consider new applicants like me.

Would love to know whatever info you can share. I'm digging too, but so far Gerhard's referee is quite credible.

cypilot77
8th Jul 2009, 18:04
Guys, you really have to be carefull with prices. It just doesnt make sense one school to charge so much less than the other one. In real life the total cost of flight schools at the end of your training will be approximately the same. In my opinion, every time i see very low prices i think about two things. #1 = scam or #2= You get what you pay for.
Just my 2 cents.
If you need any help, feel free to PM me

Ray Finkle
9th Jul 2009, 00:23
While I agree to be careful, you also must consider the schedule. Its not unreasonable to shoot out a $35K estimate for everything through your Commercial ME. If you are flying everyday, even more than once a day, you can get your certs and ratings completed quickly and economically. I went through a college flight program for this amount and got an additional degree out of it. So its not necessarily a bad thing if you are given an estimate in the $30K range. Just make sure you are asking the right questions. Also depends on the equipment. Old airplanes are cheaper. New ones, not so much - but at least you get to fly a new(er) aircraft.

In fact, I know a gentleman who obtained his PPL in 2 weeks. Now he came with his written done as well as his ground school via a our CD based home study program. He flew all day everyday he was here. That is a rarity. But its possible.

flyingvikings
26th Sep 2009, 17:02
I am now in Canada and i appreciate all ur useful advise.I enrolled with the Canadian flight center and am now on my ranger and endurance...my instructor is wonderful but the only problem is that my school is not accessible by bus from 6pm and this worries me.my ground schools starts at 7pm till 9pm and no way of getting out of that place which is not a walkable distance..I am heading to the Island Pacific Flight Academy in Victoria and I will let u guys know how it goes..thanks mates...blue sky all

Capetonian
26th Sep 2009, 17:12
I don't know anything about Flight Training so don't shoot me down in flames.

This is just a general comment about pricing. Prices of many services in South Africa tend to be lower than for the same services elsewhere due to the lower costs of employment, and this is not to imply inferior, and the relatively favourable exchange rate between ZAR and other major currencies.

Standards in SA are generally very high and there is no reason to assume that a lower price implies a lower standard.

Nimer767
26th Sep 2009, 21:26
Go to Canada

flyingvikings
27th Sep 2009, 05:49
am already in canada but all schools here sucks n needs ur money....i found one and am working on changing my present school to island pacific in victoria doe..thanks mates ble skies

Tariye
23rd Mar 2010, 19:57
hi ya'll
am faced with the situation flyingviking was faced with.
I have the option of going to either 43 air school or madiba bay school of flight ,the problem is i hear they fraustrate blacks alot at 43 and it takes about 6months to get a ppl there,on the other hand,madiba bay is ridiculously cheaper compared to any other school and its a new school too.
I am indeed very confused and need help fast!:confused: