15th Jun 2009, 17:42
You've got to give them 10 for trying -

"You have a new massage in your acount"

amanoffewwords
15th Jun 2009, 17:55
I thought the resistance kept the massages in a big sausage :confused:

Keef
15th Jun 2009, 18:45
I think phishing e-mails are an art form in their own right! A bit like graffiti, I suppose.

If it weren't for the sad fact that some gullible folks are taken in by them, I'd almost enjoy them.

Today, I had eleven telling me "Cahoot Online : Important Message Alert (Secure Channel) REF : 45889"
And a veritable sackful of "You have a parcel with us at the FedEx Delivery Company Nigeria. Contact for delivery"

You have to admire their determination! I don't even have a Cahoot account :(

BOAC
15th Jun 2009, 21:18
....and when was the last time I had a decent massage.....

green granite
15th Jun 2009, 21:42
I had one for Abbey the other day saying that Mr J Smythe had paid £2346.55 into my account. :ugh:

Avtrician
16th Jun 2009, 10:19
I had one from the FBI saying they had my credit card with 22Mil US on it. I just had to write them an Email n it would be returned.

I lost the address, as my computer dumped the email. Stupid puter.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

:}

boeingbus2002
17th Jun 2009, 13:04
WHere can we forward these emails to?
On my mums account, she always receives them and ust clicks on "Report as phishing" yet they still come!

Saab Dastard
17th Jun 2009, 13:22
I lost the address, as my computer dumped the email.

Ahh, the one that got away - typical phishing story! ;)

And I bet it was Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big, as well! :)

SD

kwachon
17th Jun 2009, 13:27
There are those of us that play along with these fools with hilarious results, go to this website and have an evening of absolute hilarity.

scambuster419.co.uk: where 419 scam artists meet their match (http://www.scambuster419.co.uk/videodirectorptii.htm)

KW :ok:

BOAC
9th Nov 2010, 11:54
Got a cracker today:

You are requested to verify your membership details correctly with NatWest.

Verify and Update your identity **URL DELETED**
Failure to confirm and verify your Alliance & Leicester online account informations
might lead to your account permanently suspended.

They are certainly out there - be scared!

PPRuNe Pop
9th Nov 2010, 12:08
They MUST think its easy. Then again I suppose it is when someone, aged, and without the knowledge that these dangerous individuals can inflict on the innocent. How are they to be protected?

The villains couldn't a stuff so the vulnerable can be fleeced.

As you say - be scared.

glad rag
9th Nov 2010, 15:11
I've won a **NEW** BMW and loads of BRITISH POUNDS STERLING in a draw I never knew I'd entered.

apparently.:p

Capot
9th Nov 2010, 16:29
While I hesitate to cross swords with a Cool Mod, the aged are probably more likely to have acquired the knowledge and experience needed to spot a scam a mile off than many of younger years. If they are properly "aged" they have probably been using computers since the 1970s, certainly since the 1980s, and will have been in on the birth of attacks via the wire into a computer and creating defences aganst them.

I find myself (aged) wearingly having to explain, over and over again, to people of tender and less tender years why what they have just done on a computer, like opening up an email attachment or visiting an unknown website in response to an apparently innocent email, is compromising security.

It always seems to come as a surprise to them.

Care to amend the phrase "aged, and without the knowledge" to "inexperienced of any age, and without the knowledge"?

Yours

Methusalah.

PS Ancient compooterist or not, I can't work out why in Jet Blast (perhaps elsewhere but I have not seen it) one now gets two or even 3 threads for the price of one; you open a thread, scroll down to the foot of the page, and there, below that, is another thread page, and perhaps another below that.

Further research shows that this is done by dragging the right hand slider down to the bottom, whereupon a box appears saying "Loading Next Page", and then the new thread appears. This can be done several times. The order of appearance seems to be random, but perhaps I just didn't spot a pattern.

This also works in "Computer issues...."

BOAC
9th Nov 2010, 16:47
Meths - it don't 'appen on my ZX80:D

PPRuNe Pop
9th Nov 2010, 17:50
Capot, how eloquent! I too am aged, and I didn't start a computer until 1993. I suppose the reason I said what I did is because my two grandchildren are 11 and 13 and both run rings round me when it comes to operating a computer. The 11 year old is so smart she 'cleans' up after her and I have NO idea what she has been doing. No edit trail - nothing and both of them are now the proud owners of their own laptops. A sure sign of a spoilt child in my view. However, I don't begrudge them.

As for JB I usually stay away. I rather like my sanity the way it is. Could be why I am Cool. I did not choose that I have to say - one of the hierarchy did.

P.Pilcher
9th Nov 2010, 18:07
It didn't 'appen on my (company's) Elliot 903 either! However what gets my goat is some of my elderly colleagues who have been forced to join the computer age, don't really know what is going on but have managed to send and receive e-mails which is becoming so essential these days. They are attacked by those delightful people who manage to convince them that there is a fault in their computer (according to Microshaft) and you do "this" to download a special program to fix it e.t.c, e.t.c.

P.P.

Selfloading
9th Nov 2010, 22:04
I had one for Abbey the other day saying that Mr J Smythe had paid £2346.55 into my account. :ugh:

Ah, J Smythe here, I wondered where that £2346.55 had gone, if you could just pop it back to me I'd be most obliged, Oh and keep twenty quid for your trouble. :}

critter592
10th Nov 2010, 00:01
Some generous Nigerian businessman wants to give me £22 million...:hmm:

Damn, I've just deleted the e-mail. Silly me. :O:rolleyes:

racedo
15th Nov 2010, 09:56
Reply with name of D Cameron, 10 Downing st and see what response happens ;)

green granite
15th Nov 2010, 10:16
Ah, J Smythe here, I wondered where that £2346.55 had gone, if you could just pop it back to me I'd be most obliged, Oh and keep twenty quid for your trouble.

Dear Mr J Smythe I will willing do that but before I can send it to you please pay me £872.67 to cover the payment charges and my time.

Yours in anticpation

H Obutu.

PO BOX 776 Abuja, Nigeria

OFSO
15th Nov 2010, 11:47
Reply with name of D Cameron, 10 Downing st and see what response happens

Not at all funny, racedo. Check what the UK hands out annually in subsidies to 'impoverished' India, Pakistan, China and the rest. If Nigeria isn't already getting a small fortune each year from the British Government, it must be an oversight.

Ooops, wrong thread, back to JB. Sorry for being serious.