PDA

View Full Version : CATS Package PPL+ATPL

Ste88
15th Jun 2009, 09:55
Hi!!Someone has some info about this packageat 7000£COURSE SELECTED: PPL Flight + ATPL Theory, 9 months, part-time, £6999 (A)What is included: -Full Web-Based-Training access (Including Online Study Guides, Question Banks and Progress Testing) -Three In-House Ground Schools at Cranfield Airport (ATPL & CPL: 5-days, IR: 2-days, PPL: N/A) -'Printed' and 'In-House' Courses include full-colour printed Study Guides (Shipping costs not included)-An online CAA Document Library (Including CAP696, CAP697 & CAP698) What isn't included:-ATPL/CPL/IR Exam fees (£63 each, payable to the CAA). NB: 7-14 exams per course, before any re-sits. -A CRP-5 Computer and Jeppesen Student Pilot Route Manual (£72 and £39, available from Pooleys) -Accomodation or Food (Accomodation available locally for £15+ per night, Restaurants/Shop on campus) -Shipping costs for any printed Study Guides (Organised with Admin, Allow £35+)If i have understood well, with this package I get PPL JAA license(45hrs)+ ATPL DL, with some day of brush-up course...In my opinion the price is very good...What about CATS?

Jambo999
15th Jun 2009, 15:14
I would do my PPL elsewhere as the Flight School part of CATS is badly organised. There is a problem with lack of aircraft due to an 'alleged' non-payment issue relating to the owners of those aircraft.

But the CATS ATPL groundschool is a bargain. Good instruction, support and results!

Good Luck...... J!

15th Jun 2009, 18:58
I would agree with groundschool at CATS as am in the middle of ATPL and find them very good. I would recommend Billins Air Services that are also based at Cranfield as I did my PPL, Night and IMC with them and all done in minimum hours (Night done as part of 45 PPL hours). Great little school with friendly people.

cheers
M

Dane-Ger
15th Jun 2009, 19:17
I did my ATPL theory at cats and renewed my PPL with them with no problems, There were also a few guys on the course that did their PPL's there and completed in minimum time with minimum fuss.