PDA

View Full Version : 737-800 school project help needed

ronan891
13th Jun 2009, 20:19
please help.
i need some info on the emergency slides on a 737-800 for a school project.
i need some info on what happens after the emergency slides have been used and what happens the aircraft how long is it out of service and the cost to reset the slides.
i have spent ages on the net and cant find any info on the subject..
i would be very grateful to anyone who could be of any help.

ampclamp
14th Jun 2009, 02:03
Hi Ronan,
Most slides (in my experience) are deployed by accident during maintenance or by a flt attendent not disarming a door as req'd.

Slides can usually be repacked & tested for re-use after deployment as long as it wasn't badly damaged in the deployment.

They don't take long to change on the aircraft, ie within an hour easily for one off, one on , onto a 737-800 entry door for example.The arming mechanism can be tricky but once done a few times its OK.

The workshop overhaul/ test/ re-packing I cant help with.Sorry.
Getting anything serviced for aircraft use can be a long process as the parts , personnel etc must be tracked, often parts traverse the world to workshops & airlines etc.Lots of paperwork, inspections, data entry to be carried out.

Maybe try to find where slides are serviced if you have not already.Locate a manufacturer and write to them perhaps?

Boomerang_Butt
14th Jun 2009, 04:16
Not sure if this helps but in training (FA) we were told if we blew a slide by mistake it could cost around $5000 to replace.

I guess this meant the cost of the time, replacement parts etc but I'm not 100% sure on this.

Maybe these people can help: AmSafe / Products & Services / Aerospace / Escape Slide Repair & Overhaul (http://www.amsafe.com/products/detail.php?id=26&type=markets)