PDA

View Full Version : Question for a/c Techies

ArthurR
12th Jun 2009, 09:34
A question for all you a/c techies out there:

What manual system is used in the RAF to-day? in my day it was the AP4343 system, (left in '76)
Whils't working at Marshall's in Cambridge, on flight test (Tri-Star), I seem to remember using the ATA system. Given that to change all mauals to another system would cost a fortune. But in the interest of uniformity are all a/c now on the ATA system?

On_The_Top_Bunk
12th Jun 2009, 10:00
I guess you could call the bible nowadays the JAP

Click me (http://www.jap100a-01.mod.uk/Jap%28d%29/engpolhtml.htm)

ArthurR
12th Jun 2009, 10:17
On_The_Top_Bunk....Many thanks, its had me wondering for a while.:ok:

Rigga
12th Jun 2009, 22:37
ArthurR,
Although many military aircraft are on an ATA-type of Chapter system you will find that most UK military aircraft, especially older types, have different ATA chapters for similar systems, e.g. Hydraulics on one type might be Chapter 25 but on another it may be Chapter 65.
It would be nice to think that after all this time someone in an MOD building might be trying to standardise things - but its only taken 90+ years to get to this "embryonic stage of military aircraft maintenance".

Sgt.Slabber
13th Jun 2009, 14:07
ArthurR,
In Europe, chaperisation of Military Aircraft Docs is covered in ASD (AECMA) Specification 1000D (S1000D).UK (should) use DEF STAN 00-60 Part 10 - Guidance on the Application of Electronic Documentation in an Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Environment.
S1000D is derived from the ATA100/1000 tech docs specs and covers only aircraft applications, though a sub-set used to exist covering Air Launched Guided Weapons.
00-60 Part 10 reflects S100D for aircraft and also covers "chapterisation" of Marine and Land Systems applications.If you require additional info, send me a PM.Regards, ISH