PDA

View Full Version : Academics after CPL - SUGGESTIONS !

silent_scream
12th Jun 2009, 01:54
Greetings Everyone.

"One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever."
And more so in the question that I have.

CPL after High School + Todays Aviation Scenario = Jobless !

And since the Jobless in India, Almost no Flying School Instructor positions or Charter Options at present.
So going to collage makes a lot of sense.

And Hence requesting all fellow aviators - The one's who have gone through this / The ones who have prepared themselves for this / The ones who helped others - To help find a Aviation Academic course (Under Graduate course. i.e after High School)that strengthens ones position in the Aviation Market. (Cockpit or Desk)

Bsc / Msc Aviation (Degree and Masters) seem of not much value because the subjects are not even a word extra from the conventional CPL syllabus.
But comments are still invited.

Also any other academic courses apart from Aviation which someone might think worth doing - Please say it - Its worth telling.

Regards,
Silent.

Whirlygig
12th Jun 2009, 06:38
Also any other academic courses apart from Aviation which someone might think worth doing
Something that might get you a job when you're an unemployed pilot; IT/Computing Finance/Business.

Cheers

Whirls

Groundloop
12th Jun 2009, 08:13
Bsc / Msc Aviation (Degree and Masters) seem of not much value because the subjects are not even a word extra from the conventional CPL syllabus.
But comments are still invited.

I've got a comment! You obviously haven't researched very well. Any Honours undergraduate or MSc postgraduate will contain FAR more than just the CPL syllabus. Did you look at any courses in detail to see what subjects were covered?

silent_scream
12th Jun 2009, 09:26
Thanks Whirlygig. Finance could be the way to go.

Groundloop, The Bachelors and Masters Aviation Degree offered by the Local Universities in India (Where I wish to attend) are not in Par with the Degree courses and Syllabus found in Europe.

And the syllabus here boasts about Nav, Met, Reg, Tech. And none above the CPL knowledge level.

Kindly let me know if you have some Programmes in mind.

Appreciated.
Silent.