PDA

View Full Version : Does BN/ML CTR monitor 126.7?..

multi_engined
12th Jun 2009, 00:57
On a charter last week I heard an IFR aircraft make a call which was intented for BN centre on 126.7, when a reply came back... "You're broadcasting on ground station"?.. Sounded like CTR too.

ZappBrannigan
12th Jun 2009, 01:12
I've made one or two CTR calls on the CTAF freq in the heat of the moment - never got a reply back from ATC, although sometimes another aircraft, or someone on the ground at the aerodrome, will chime in. I can't imagine ATC would be monitoring 126.7 or any of the specific CTAF freqs unless they had a specific need to - it's not part of their workload, and would just get in the way of their normal duties if the one controller had to do both. Someone here will answer this conclusively.

multi_engined
12th Jun 2009, 01:16
Ok thanks, I thought they might monitor it as it is the primary freq for VFR aircraft to the East of Broome. In case someone makes a mayday call in heat of the moment... And forgot to change to centre.

5miles
12th Jun 2009, 01:17
Does BN/ML CTR monitor 126.7?..

No.

Unless it happens to break thru on another freq.

D-J
12th Jun 2009, 03:00
For that matter I don't believe they could change to a CTAF freq if the needed to, had to contact numerous a/c at the request of brissy center who've flown right through the singleton restricted area :ugh:

bentleg
12th Jun 2009, 04:03
For that matter I don't believe they could change to a CTAF freq if they needed to

I agree. Was asked by ATC this morning to call up an aircraft at Camden that ATC wanted to talk to. Only took a few seconds as I was about to go to that freq. It would have only taken ATC a second or two if they had the capability.

Does BN/ML CTR monitor 126.7?
I cant see much point in it.

VH-XXX
12th Jun 2009, 10:57
Absolutely not!

socks and thongs
12th Jun 2009, 12:02
Centre works through VHF repeater stations, 126.7 is not repeated and can only be heard if you're in the vicinity (line of sight - VHF) of that particular aerodrome.

Given that Centre are based in the cities, they could only hear 126.7 in that immediate area if someone happened to be broadcasting on it - not likely.

More often than not it is another aircraft (or Bob Crapp) who will be the one letting you know you're on the wrong freq.

arnellis
16th Jun 2009, 04:14
multiengined, im pretty sure the cagro guy's at broome monitor 127.2 (west kimberly ctaf) not sure about 126.7 for the east of broome. Not 100% sure though.