PDA

View Full Version : Tayflite or Tayside 15HR CPL?

MAXTHRUSTV1
11th Jun 2009, 20:18
Hi,

i have been lookign at both of these schools for the reduced 15HR CPL course and just cant make my mind up as they are both very similar and use same AC. Does anyone have an experience of either for the CPL training or the school in general.

Many thanks in advance.

MAX

Dan the weegie
11th Jun 2009, 22:51
Hi,

I did my CPL/FI at Tayside and felt the standard of instruction was very high and the amount of ground school time you get was also very high.
The arrow they use is well equipped and comfortable.
Ian Weinstein was professional throughout and very friendly.

Couldn't ask for more really.

:)

afterburner2
12th Jun 2009, 17:07
Hi there,

I was looking to do my MEIR and cpl last year. I immediately contacted Tayflite due to the reputation they had. I was not disappointed. I passed both courses in minimum hours, and I attribute that to the extremely high level of instruction,the quality of aircraft, and the staff as a whole. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

I know that everyone involved in the school is keen to keep moving forward and provide the very best training possible. There are also opportunities to advance within the organisation as I have very recently gained employment with Air Charter Scotland which is their sister company.

I can not recommend them highly enough. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Please feel free to pm me for any furher info

cptecosse
15th Jun 2009, 11:50
Having experienced both schools, I couldn't advise Tayflite more. At Perth they have a smoother running and professional outfit compared to Dundee. RAF cadets at Tayside run the show and commercial students are hidden away in a portacabin.

With Tayflite, I felt well looked after and I believe because the sister company is ACS, they understand the importance of customer satisfaction. Moreover, Perth is the exam centre for Scotland which makes things run smoothly towards test.

Tayflite would be my school of choice. Good luck with your training!

Night_Watch
15th Jun 2009, 19:20
Both schools have very good facilities available and have long established history’s. I did my ME/IR at Tayflite some years ago and found the flight instructors first class, but the sim instructor to be lacking when it came to encouragement - I left one lesson feeling I should give up flying. This may have all changed by now as that was 4 years ago. Their A/C are well equipped, plus they have two Senecas, handy when one goes tech.

Tayside is a bit newer to the ME/IR stuff but they have some very good instructors on hand and a brand new Alsim 200 which is far nicer than the FNPT II at Tayflite (although it does the same job). I did my Flight Instructor training at Tayside and was very happy with the standard provided. Dundee also has the proper procedures into the field so there’s no need to fly to Glasgow, Aberdeen or Edinburgh which all adds time. Their both solid establishments but if I had my time again I would choose Tayside for the CPL, ME/IR, even though it is teeming with RAF cadets.

Hard choice, but I doubt you'll be disappointed with either school.

Dane-Ger
15th Jun 2009, 19:26
to be honest cptecosse I don't think thats fair, I recently completed my CPL there and the instruction and atitude was nothing other than proffesional.

I personally appreciated that the CPL students had their own space to retreat to (the RAF students also have a portacabin of their own), but the flying scholars certainly did not run the place, far from it! (I was also one myself 17 years ago). I felt I was treated as a valued customer whilst I was there.

regards D-G