PDA

View Full Version : Gave up?

bigflyingrob
11th Jun 2009, 18:33
Ever wondered why people give up? Well maybe the following will explain why people do. Now all of this is documented but you really couldn't make it up!
After a fair number of hoops to get my Auster ready to fly I thought I'd get a pilot sorted out to do the testing as I haven't got the 15 hours on type. All the ground inspections were done and we applied for per to test it
I found a local instructor with loads of hours on type and dowloaded the relevant form from the LAA website. He filled it in but when he queried one section was told by the PFA that he didn't need to fill it in at all as it was a standard annual test. All with me so far?
Well he went on holiday and I found another guy with 750 hours on type. He checked with the LAA that he would be suitable and was told he needed to fill in the form that we'd been told we didn't need. On asking if he could fill it in and send it in with the test sched was told no. He then asked if he could get it signed and was told no as Francis was away at North Weald. Weald denied all knowledge and it turned out it was Wickham air park but close!
So we do/don't need to form filled in and we don't really have permission to test it.
Now many years ago when I bought an MW6 it took 6 MONTHS to even find an inspector and I even tried to register it on an N permit to try and sort things out.
So if anyone wants an Auster Aiglet trainer she's on afors and I'm going dereg!
Rob

VOD80
12th Jun 2009, 22:51
Didn't see it on afors...

VOD80
14th Jun 2009, 20:22
And, if you haven't given up, have you tried for advice/help/commiseration from Richard Webber at Eggesford. Or perhaps Al Mathie would be able to help...

Good luck!

stiknruda
14th Jun 2009, 21:33
BFR - I'm sure I could help out, PM me.