PDA

View Full Version : "aircraft flown" pages in pilots log book?

liam548
11th Jun 2009, 17:33
In my log book there are a few pages set aside for "aircraft flown" and a column next to it with "Engine".

I know it is up to you what you put in your logbook but what should be put in these pages?

Is it per type or each and every different aircraft you might fly, i.e you might fly 5 different C150s but they are all C150s with the same engine types..

Liam

BackPacker
11th Jun 2009, 18:04
Aircraft type is normally filled in with "C150", "C152", "PA28-161", "R2160" or any notation you fancy, as long as you're reasonably consistent.

"Engines" is normally not filled in at the PPL level, but can be used on big iron who might have different (turbine) engines from different manufacturers (CFM, RR, Trent, GE are just names that spring to mind) which result in different flight characteristics on the same airframe. But hey, fill in Lycoming O-320 if you fancy. Bonus points for getting the type designator correct.

DX Wombat
11th Jun 2009, 21:03
"Engine".:eek: :ooh: :\ :uhoh: :confused: :confused:
How about "Yes" or "No"? :p:p ;)

Fly-by-Wife
11th Jun 2009, 22:10
DX, nice - reminds me of a job application I reviewed several years ago, from a non-English speaking EU national. When confronted with the "Marital Status" box, he wrote "Good"!

Fair enough, I suppose! :)

FBW

IO540
12th Jun 2009, 08:04
Those entries mean no more than the skirt lengths of your female passengers :)

In fact considerably less, I would say.

Ask any instructor ;)

It's important to get one's priorities right in this business.