PDA

View Full Version : Robinson 104% Nr

jote
11th Jun 2009, 10:32
Could One or Two of the Robo experts here please provide an explanation as to how / why the value of 104% is relevant in respect of the tachs in the R22/44. Is this value often used in other models/makes as a standard value.

Thanks in advance of your replies.
:ugh:

topendtorque
11th Jun 2009, 12:21
I think we have discussed this before, but, it really doesn't matter what sort of nomeclature is used.

Basically if it's in the red, it's BAD,
If it's in the green it's GOOD.

The actual RPM can be seen very easily by referring to your pilots handbook in the machine.

Why the honorable Fank used these numbers I know not, I mean it could have been five fifths of f' all, or, big mob, E for enough or F for f'all again. there you go. go figure.

klaus_a_e
11th Jun 2009, 12:41
As far as I know was the original Nr 100% and through the ongoing construction it was change to 104%

Whirlygig
11th Jun 2009, 12:43
I think 104% for an R22 is 2,652 RPM which might aid comparison with other makes and models.

The reason for it being 104%? I hope this might explain it!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EbVKWCpNFhY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EbVKWCpNFhY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Cheers

Whirls

g-mady
11th Jun 2009, 15:07
A bit like the 206... Fuel gauge up to 75???,

fluffy5
12th Jun 2009, 09:47
I just use the low sound vibration just before blade stall, then I know it's a little to low and when it's to fast you hear a high whiny sound, just the same sound a pilot makes when he has to do ground runs that day :}
And if it's a robbie be carefull that no one is cutting the grass near by, as you might get confused with the lawn mower engine and think you are having an engine failure.... :}

Robbie's got to love'em
spent a good few years in them.

fluffy