PDA

View Full Version : Ugsas Reunion 3 October 2009

old'n'bald
10th Jun 2009, 07:47
As reunions of 80's bands seem to be all the rage right now we thought the time was right for an UGSAS 80's reunion. The date is 3 Oct 09, the rough format is a curry at about 1830 followed by a few small libations in Park Circus, just like a Town Night but without the guest speakers or classes!

If you were at UGSAS during the 80's please PM me, and I will send you details.
Numbers will be limited to 80 people, and it will be first come first served. There will be a deposit of 20 pounds required, in order to pre book the curryhouse, and there will be additional costs for Bar Staff etc. I will contact the lucky 77 with details of how and when to pay. Please do not delay in replying as we want to get things sorted out in good time.

OC UGSAS is on board and Angela also knows about it, so if you are suspicious you can confirm the date with UGSAS direct.

I should make it clear that this is an event being organised by some ex-Ugsas members , and not by the Sqn itself.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

old'n'bald
10th Jun 2009, 08:14
Sorry Folks, I should have said that the list will close in the 2nd week of July, so get your diaries out and block off the time soon!
If you cant PM me then try ugsasreunion at googlemail (seems to be the only way to display an e-mail address)

old'n'bald
11th Jun 2009, 07:30
Good response so far, it is shaping up to be a good night. One of the guys is putting together a slide show of old photos, if you have any let me know and I will put you in touch with him.

Big Sand
11th Jun 2009, 11:55
Old'n'bald,
Fantasic idea and certainly you can count me in. Hopefully we can get a good response to this one as it promises to be a good night. :}
I have already forwarded a few old pictures to 'Dobbin'. If anyone has an old photos of the 'golden years' at UGSAS then I am sure O'n'B can give you an e-mail to send these photos to.

Big Sand

old'n'bald
12th Jun 2009, 16:18
Big Sand, thanks for that, looking forward to the do, it is starting to shape up well.
see you on the 3rd!

old'n'bald
13th Jun 2009, 11:40
Does anyone know of the whereabouts of Dave "The Bat" Gallie?
The address I have for him is no good.
Thanks

Duncan D'Sorderlee
13th Jun 2009, 12:35
I'll try to speak to Bat.

Off to check my diary!

Duncs:ok:

old'n'bald
14th Jun 2009, 08:08
Thanks Dunc, hope the date is free!

old'n'bald
15th Jun 2009, 14:39
Come on Guys and Girls, the rate of replies is slowing down and we still need a few more to make the event viable.
There are some good deals on Hotels near Park Circus, so the cost should be affordable even in these straightened times!

waiting in anticipation.......

Old'N'bald

TLA-HO!
15th Jun 2009, 17:06
Have a great night guys. Very much regret that I'll be on honeymoon and won't be able to make it. Damn:(. Would have brought the penny whsitles too for the inevitable reincarnation of the UGSAS Folkers!

Mind you, should be able to scan a few old pics and send them in to contribute to the evening.

If anyone wants to get in touch, drop me a PM for details.

Regards

NB

Ivan Ideer
15th Jun 2009, 20:54
NB,
Have you told Mrs NB-to-be that you "Very much regret that I'll be on honeymoon and won't be able to make it. Damnhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/sowee.gif"? She must be very understanding!!

Ivan

TLA-HO!
16th Jun 2009, 21:05
:uhoh: Mmmmm-not the best choice/order of words there; it's been a long time since ISS! :) Let's reword it:

Naturally, I'm genuinely pissed off at not making it BUT of course delighted instead to be luxuriating with the soon-to-be Mrs B in an exotic location a long way from Glasgow. Anyway, the new issue of pink chits won't be valid until I get back!

NB

Ivan Ideer
17th Jun 2009, 13:44
NB,
Sorry to hear you will not be there for the curry, beers and old lamp swinging but you have a passable excuse!

old'n'bald
18th Jun 2009, 16:50
Sounds a pretty weak excuse to me! still, I suppose we will manage without you, although your penny whistle will be missed!

betty swallox
19th Jun 2009, 13:30
Just back from a month in NZ (name-drop etc). Count me in!!!

Ivan Ideer
19th Jun 2009, 13:55
Betty Swallox attending? Oh well...there goes that sober night I hoped for.:}

betty swallox
19th Jun 2009, 14:51
Oi oi!!!!!!!!!!

Duncan D'Sorderlee
19th Jun 2009, 17:10
Well, if Betty is going, I'd better put my name down too - if only to look after her. You all know what she's like!

Ivan Ideer
19th Jun 2009, 20:23
Dunc - you make a lovely couple....

Duncan D'Sorderlee
19th Jun 2009, 21:51
Well, we have been together since 49 entry!

And that was a long time ago!

betty swallox
20th Jun 2009, 10:55
It doesn't make you a bad person...

old'n'bald
22nd Jun 2009, 17:48
Dunc, drop me a PM or e-mail on ugsasreunion at googlemail.com, and I will add your name, even though it goes against my better judgement!

old'n'bald
5th Jul 2009, 18:45
Lots of hits, but very few replies. If you are interested, regardless of when you were are at UGSAS, drop me a line at UGSASREUNION at googlemail.com, I'm sure we will be able to stretch a point!

betty swallox
13th Jul 2009, 09:17
Still trying to pass the word out...you should have some more folks contacting you...

old'n'bald
13th Aug 2009, 10:09
Plans are just about finalised , so if there are any ex-UGSAS folk out there who fancy a few swallies and a bit of lamp swinging on 3rd October, please get in touch, either by PM or e-mail at ugsasreunion at googlemail.com.

The list will close on 29th August.

DNR
13th Aug 2009, 19:30
Not sure I can go, but will look into it
email sent

anyone from '85-'88 involved?

Danger

Duncan D'Sorderlee
14th Aug 2009, 13:33
Betty and I are from that era.

(Although, you'd never tell...:eek:)

betty swallox
14th Aug 2009, 18:59
Tell me about it!
"Mum,I want to be a pilot when I grow up..."
"Well son, you can't do both...."

Ivan Ideer
14th Aug 2009, 20:13
Just achieving one of them would have been a step forward Betty. Glad to hear things are still on track as`regards Reunion - is Dobbin still doing a slide show? May have some interesting photos to add to the collection...Big Sand ..be very afraid.

In Utrumque Paratus

Ivan Ideer
16th Sep 2009, 17:22
Chaps,
Details almost complete so expect e-mail from Old'n'Bald very shortly. Should be a good night....hic. Looking forward to quaffing a few ales and seeing if that lampshade is still at an angle??!:rolleyes:

old'n'bald
17th Sep 2009, 11:53
E mail on the way honest! I will try to get it out by the end of the week, failing that next week at the latest.
If any other ex UGSAS folk want to join in we will be meeting for pre curry Drinks at the "Good agreement" bar (if you are ex UGSAS you know where I mean!) at around 1730.
If you don't get an e-mail or if you haven't contacted me yet, please use ugsasreunion at googlemail.com (dont forget to substitute @ for at!) and I can give you more details.

old'n'bald
18th Sep 2009, 10:52
All the details sent by e-mail or PM.

If you have not recieved them and want to go, see the message above this one for contact details.

old'n'bald
1st Oct 2009, 11:03
Any ex-UGSAS folk who have not contacted me but still want to come to the reunion on 3rd Oct, please PM me, there are still some places available.
Format is beer, curry beer at the "Good Agreement" pub, "Large Diamond Curry palace" and THQ (only the names have been changed to protect the guilty).

Meet is 1730, dress smart casual, no jeans.

Be there or miss a large hangover! (Rumour has it that the Bat is bringing his wallet and may even open it at some stage!)

CarltonBrowne the FO
8th Oct 2009, 21:07
Thanks for setting this up old'n'bald, it was a great evening- albeit with reduced numbers compared with 2 years ago. Having seen the level of seniority (in a number of different professions) reached by some of my contemporaries, I am going to have to carefully search through my 1980s photo albums to protect their reputations!The thought of using these photo albums to earn a little tax-free cash is of course beneath me...

old'n'bald
9th Oct 2009, 08:13
No problem C-B, if nothing else, it served as a reminder to me not to mix curry, beer, G&T and whisky (thankfully not in the Gesneider!). As for the photos, are you sure that all the ones of you have been destroyed??

Thanks again to all who were there, and to OC UGSAS for helping out.

Who is running with the next one?

Duncan D'Sorderlee
9th Oct 2009, 16:10
What a grand night out. Thanks to old'n'bald.

Here's to the next time!

I'm sure that I heard Betty saying that she was up for organizing the next one...

betty swallox
10th Oct 2009, 15:07
Old an bald. Thanks too. It was magic. Cheers for all your effort. Duncs and I may be up for organising the next one...!

old'n'bald
18th Oct 2009, 11:44
Sounds good, let me know when it is happening!

PPRuNeUser0178
28th Jun 2015, 18:02
UGSAS is 75 years old next year - murmurings on Facebook about starting the ball rolling on an event!

OC UGSAS
1st Jul 2015, 09:20
There is a Facebook page and I've posted on LinkedIn; just about to do the same here. Initial stages at the moment; however, I fully intend to celebrate the 75th.

Roxy
OC UGSAS

OC UGSAS
1st Jul 2015, 17:53
http://www.pprune.org/military-aviation/563840-ugsas-75th-anniversary-2016-a.html

No murmuring here!