PDA

View Full Version : Jet Airways

cargowannabe
10th Jun 2009, 00:29
Anyone have any word on the interview process at Jet Airways. I have looked with no success and I have an interview on the 24th and I am looking for some info on what to expect.

Thanx in advance!!!!!

Cargowannabe

Vimd23
10th Jun 2009, 01:04
U looking for info to join as an expat capt on the 737 ?

rgds
vimd23

Boomerang1
11th Jun 2009, 15:09
I went to the sim assesment last September. There is no interview. A girl from HR that can't answer any questions shows up at the simulator briefing room asking for airline receipts that you want reimbursed. The simulator instructor gives you a 30 minute sim session that consists of a visual TO with engine failure with a visual pattern and landing. That is it. Know your procedures, use good judgement, and CRM as the instructor can be critical.

romyirimpan
23rd Jun 2009, 13:52
i had attended an interview wth jet last year and they asked questions mainly from aerodynamics, indian met and approach charts..but i heard its diff for everyone..and i am bit surprised to see this interview for you when jet is recruiting no one....and i know their is one whole batch of pilots waiting for medical dates from lat september..

surfb777
26th Jun 2009, 04:10
I don't know how this will affect the 737 program, but a bunch of us were let go today, and more to come. If you are on the 737, I wish you the best.

fatbus
26th Jun 2009, 06:25
Any word on the 330, I hapen to know a few on that fleet, thanks

surfb777
26th Jun 2009, 20:35
I believe this is only the 777 fleet.

cargowannabe
7th Jul 2009, 23:57
All,

Just got back from interview and it is low key. Sim ride with an abort, V1 cut, high cross wind single engine visual and a single engine go around and 1 instrument approach , all and all very LOW key!

Hired 7 of us and need 13 more 737 guys from what i understand. Very nice people and are only signing 1 year contracts with possibilities of an extension.

Cheers,

cargowannabe

steamage
7th Aug 2009, 09:02
Worse Company Ever, Lots Of Lie, They Do Not Pay You On Time,
Lot Of B.s.
:=:=:=:=:=:=

acy RJ driver
7th Aug 2009, 09:57
Hey Cargowannabe,

just a word to the wise, stay far far far far far away from this place. The company will lie to your face with a smile . I havent recieved even one pay check on time since January,this months is being delayed by 11 days, rostering sucks and there seems to be absolutely no consistancy except constant bullSh*t and change. My contract was changed the day I started here, not a great way of saying welcome but it seems par for the course. I would advise you to think long and hard before taking the leap to come here, to be forewarned is to be foretold.

:ugh:

Dragon 83
7th Aug 2009, 14:09
I have been at Jet 3 1/2 yrs and been an expat pilot with other companies altogether for 15 yrs. You must judge this company with others. My contract also changed here once because of economics otherwise was stable with on time pay previously. The system is chaotic but so goes most industry in India.

The DGCA is understaffed and incapable of prudent updating because of Indian bureaucratic quagmire although continues to function despite itself.

I cannot defend the poor rostering system but also know that many of the problems are exacerbated by pilots themselves with the lack of discipline and sometimes less than professional responsibility levels among some.

Generally a happy place but difficult times are placing greater demands on all and more pressure. You must keep a balanced criticism of Jet, I believe similar comments are made with other airlines in India.

There is a lot to be desired but if one still needs to work, it's tolerable.

Keep an open mind.

rdr
8th Aug 2009, 05:58
Been with Jet several years, and yes there have been shifts now and then. Never missed a months salary, though the delays are true. Terms have been rewritten in the emerging global scenario, but the alternative is to go the way of other carriers who have had to shutdown.
Come with your eyes open, and lower your expectations.
My opinion, there will be turnaround next year, and you may be here longer than 1 year.
As a contractor, you join any airline with a couple of buckets... one's for money......the other for ****. Which ever fills up first, you leave.

captain_reboot
15th Aug 2009, 12:13
Wow!!! Lots of pros and cons. But being an expat for the past 15 years, I've learned that most companies are the same. That is, being like a mirror reflection. Meaning?? Treat the company with some respect and they will treat you with some respect; work against their system and they will use their system against you; when the company is undergoing a hard time, then give alittle ground for them to work with; etc. Just like a marriage, I guess. A two way street, and not :ugh:!!!

Anyway, interesting reading this thread. I am curious as to how you fellas feel about working with Jet's cockpit culture, management culture, and local culture. Cuz I am due for a move to start a new contract. Any idea when the 777 DEC might pick up??

Hang in there guys!!!

ABCD Pilot
25th Aug 2009, 04:10
Does jet need an FO's with Jet experience? Anybody got any contact info?

Monur
20th Oct 2009, 07:28
Is Jet Airways recruiting B737NG captains at the moment? I only ask since their website says "no" but three agencies say "yes". Are the agencies just fishing?

777AV8R
22nd Oct 2009, 10:52
F.Y.I...ALL the Expat B777 pilots have been furloughed with 30 days notice, effective 21 November. Jet will operate 2, 777s with national crew only. No further expansion is on the horizon.

Aeronotix
23rd Oct 2009, 09:54
Very True. The wet leases that Jet was trying to negotiate with a couple of west asian airlines, fell through and with the GF leased T7s coming back the axe is falling on the expats first. The Turkish lease though extended, has been converted into a dry lease so those expats pilots were asked to leave earlier. Being a T7 co-jock myself , we fly just around 40 hrs a month as compared to 70 hrs earlier. This translates to around 2-3 BOM-LHR-BOM flts a month.

When flying the wet lease for GF from Bahrain we still got around 60 hrs a month. Earlier, in pre slowdown times there were many more routes to operate to, from Mumbai, including going across the pond. As of now the T7 future looks bleak at Jet.

Aeronotix

fullforward
23rd Oct 2009, 22:17
Surprisingly Jet decided to ground 2 T7 300ER instead of lease 2 A330 (for which they have customers interested rightaway) and fly the T7s on A330 routes.
Of course for a given number of passengers the cost of seat mile would be a little higher on T7, but at least they would be making more than enough money from the A330 leases to compensate for that. And Jet would be more prepared for a sudden increase of demand (very likely considering the present India economics).

Is there any hidden rocket science behing their decison making process?
And, of course, one of the best forms for an accelerated degradation of an aircraft is to park it at a hot and humid place like BOM...and paying stiff parking fees as well...

Looks like somebody running the show at Jet have ties with the competition...:confused:

Aeronotix
24th Oct 2009, 12:37
Fullforward wrote: Looks like somebody running the show at Jet have ties with the competition...http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

Brother you hit the proverbial nail on the head.

Aeronotix:D

fullforward
24th Oct 2009, 15:47
Deciding to park brand new 777 300ERs when they have the option to raise some badly needed cash by leasing A330 and fly the T7s with a slightly higher operational costs is beyond imagination.
And just play with professional lives of experienced and honest people that joined the company, even when they had options, is downright irresponsible.
Mr Goyal is probably under a lot of pressure from all sides: the banks, the local pilots, the government and now an incredibly incompetent management.
His dream to establish a truly world class Indian airline is on the verge of colapse.

AF022
29th Oct 2009, 01:24
Does 9W have any plans for their 777-300ERs, or are they just trying to get rid of them? Will all 10 end up back with them?