PDA

View Full Version : Png Jobs

YELOSUB
9th Jun 2009, 12:27
Hi Guys
Just wondering what the Pilot jobs situation is like in PNG. I have 1100tt.

Captain Nomad
10th Jun 2009, 06:34
Ask not whether the job is ready for you, but rather, are you ready for the job...! ;)

Mach E Avelli
10th Jun 2009, 07:38
Try Airlines PNG. 1100 hours could get you a gig in the RHS of a Twin Otter. As long as you are prepared to live in a remote location.

carro
11th Jun 2009, 07:41
Is there much going on the north coast?

Chimbu chuckles
11th Jun 2009, 11:45
The deal with the RHS FKA?

Its so you don't kill yourself...and everybody flying with you.

Time to command?

Couple of years probably - for quick learners, and never for dickheads.

the wizard of auz
11th Jun 2009, 13:52
Dunno about that chuckles. the odd one does slip through. :ooh:

D-J
11th Jun 2009, 22:46
Chuckles, I do have a fair idea about the flying over there and know that it is not something to jump straight into regardless of how ever many hours you have elsewhere. I was referring to whether or not hours are logged in the RHS and whether you would have a type rating etc. Couple of years sounds like bit of a stretch. Probably better off staying where I am

Not meaning to have a go, but from the tone of your post's I dare say your not ready for png. 2 years is not very long when there's so much to learn

coconut99
11th Jun 2009, 22:49
You will find that most twotter RPT around the world is operated by two crew. The ones who operate single crew are usually parachute droppers and small VFR ops.

I havn't flown in PNG but I have flown with pilots who have. Play it safe, and you'll be fine. Just try not to crash land in the middle of the bush, they still eat each other up there u know... :E

tinpis
11th Jun 2009, 23:53
PNG is a good place for anyone, especially kiwis ....to learn something and get the chips off.