PDA

View Full Version : Flight Schools

Bubi352
9th Jun 2009, 10:51
I am trying to find a CAA approved flight school to do my IR conversion from an FAA ATP. I was planning originally to go to Bristol until they told me I needed to plan for 3-4 weeks with one activity a day maximum. This is unbelievably slow for a conversion. Can anyone recommend me a flight school that could get me done quickly (within 10 days) with at least 3 activities a day (it's mostly sims). Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Pace152
9th Jun 2009, 11:10
Hiya,

I did my FAA IR (single) to JAA IR (multi) conversion at Aerodynamics in Malaga, Spain. It took 10 days and I was impressed with the place.

Hope this helps.

Tony77
10th Jun 2009, 11:59
I did my FAA IR (single) to JAA IR (multi) conversion at Aerodynamics in Malaga, Spain. It took 10 days and I was impressed with the place. May I ask you how much you spent for it?

Ian the Aviator
10th Jun 2009, 12:20
I'm not sure how he's fixed at the moment, but I would seek out David Coulson at Cranfield - Tel: 01234 753372. He might be able to get you sorted himself but if not he will definately know where you should go....

I hope this may help - good luck !

Bubi352
10th Jun 2009, 12:28
I decided to go with Aerodynamics. Originally, I was set on Bristol. Very nice people and really professional. My questions were always answered in a prompt manner within an hour or two by email. Seemed to have a very good reputation as well but I was told it would take 3-4 weeks for my IR conversion. Who has the time nowadays to take this much time off? Because of that they lost my business.

I am set now on Aerodynamics in Malaga. Definitely because of the reasonable price, weather and the time frame it can be done.

Can anyone recommend:

1) What is the best way to go from Madrid to Malaga? Did someone take the train or rent a car?

2) How are the accommodation?

3) How was the Duchess? Is it in good condition? How many of those do they have?

4) Did anyone else complete a rating in a short period of time and within budget?

Pace152
10th Jun 2009, 14:39
I dont know about getting from Madrid to Malaga but for accomodation I would recommend the Malaga Lodge (Malagalodge - guest house malaga - cheap accommodation malaga - Home (http://www.malagalodge.com)), its about 50 minutes walk to the school (or 15 minutes by bus if your feeling extravagent :-).

The owner speaks English very well and is well used to people who go to Aerodynamics staying there.

The Duchess they have is a nice aircraft.