PDA

View Full Version : DG&P Cabin Crew

allthecoolnamesarego
9th Jun 2009, 03:50
Hi Mods,

To give the CC their own space, and to reduce the 'problems' encountered now with all the mixed threads; is it possible to start a DG&P CC Forum, under the current ones in the DG&P area?

Would appreciate an insight as to whether or not this is possible.

Cheers

P.S. NOT having a go here, a serious question/suggestion.:ok:

The Green Goblin
9th Jun 2009, 04:21
This forum is called pprune, how about you start pccrune:}

If you pull out the following argument again:

Dunnunda, Godzone and the Pacific An independent family of forums covering all aspects of the Australian/NZ aviation scene.

I think you will find it was intended for "Professional Pilots" to be discussing these issues :p

billyt
9th Jun 2009, 06:52
How far do you go though?

I would hate to see less contributions from engineers and air traffic controllers.

Idiots will always appear from time to time.

And some pilots that contribute here don't always show much professionalism.

captainrats
9th Jun 2009, 07:10
When CC create a thread it should have a CC indentifier in the title.For those not interested in the squabbling it would indicative of what to expect.

Dark Knight
9th Jun 2009, 07:10
Agreed - give them their own space.

DK

EchoNovemberTango
9th Jun 2009, 07:28
Just a question...

....what is this? http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-131/

http://static.pprune.org/images/misc/pplogonew3.gif

blade.runner
9th Jun 2009, 07:31
Cant/Wont cop the stupidity,childishness and squabbling of Qantas Cabin Crew.
And why should he?

Skystar320
9th Jun 2009, 07:35
The cabin crew could always start there own forum, i.e webpage then their would be nill bitching

Bazzamundi
9th Jun 2009, 09:38
There already is another site.

http://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/default.asp

Forums are already dedicated to those in Australia and NZ.

Why they don't go there is beyond me. Perhaps the rest of us should go and take over it.

Cravenmorehead
9th Jun 2009, 09:56
I agree. Get rid of them, let them text email face book u-tube or do whatever turns their cranks, and GIVE US OUR SITE BACK.

The Green Goblin
9th Jun 2009, 10:24
I would say the cabin crew forums are nothing but mindless dribble.

I suppose though by posting on pprune, it at least gives them some form of intellectual stimulation.

Squash one, and another will soon pop up :uhoh:

tail wheel
9th Jun 2009, 12:02
Australian Cabin Crew and particularly Qantas Cabin Crew have had more than a fair run on PPRuNe Forums. We have a PPRuNe Cabin Crew Forum from where they have been “evicted” and unfortunately that Forum’s Mods made it abundantly clear they don’t want them back. :uhoh:

Australian CC threads are very high maintenance on Dunnunda Mod’s time. The bickering, dickering, stirring, name calling and hand bag wielding free for alls are a total pain in the butt. We will not permit this forum to be inundated with a plethora of irrelevant, non news worthy CC threads, to the detriment of our traditional professional pilot user base.

Many of the CC threads have no news or general industry interest content beyond the self centered interests of a very small select few, which does not include professional pilots to which this site is dedicated.

A small minority of CC users make a positive contribution to this site. The majority of those who post in CC threads appear to be in love with the sound of their own key board! At the weekend I locked a thread which started with:

Now the long weekend is drawing near the rumor out of QCCA is tomorrow it all begins. Hope they make the right decsions and retire some of the deadwood.

Talk to someone who cares what happens on Tuesday!!! :ugh:

I can say categorically, that PPRuNe will not permit an Australian CC Forum or a Qantas CC Forum allowing the usual CC free-for-all, but feel free to contact our site Administration if you feel so inspired or that my comments are unreasonable.

If you want a "chit chat forum", PPRuNe is not for you, go find a chat room.

We will permit a few CC threads on news worthy matters of general aviation interest.

j3pipercub
9th Jun 2009, 12:14
bravo!

j3

Jabawocky
9th Jun 2009, 12:29
Tailie :D:D:D

Yes we agree to disagree on a few things, but I think we would both agree that last post is up there with a few others for POTY. (post of the year)

Bloody funny that!:}

tail wheel
9th Jun 2009, 12:48
Jaba, Mods are nothing more and nothing less than the referees, arbiters of the rules and purveyor of policy from PPRuNe Administration.

The sentiments in my post above are generally shared by the site Administrators and Moderators. There is nothing personal in my post.

Being in love with the sound of their own keyboard is not strictly a CC phenomena. There are a number of pilots with the same boring addiction! :ugh:

If Mods have a personal opinion, it is posted under our personal user names.

tail wheel
9th Jun 2009, 21:41
HERE (http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting-points/376780-qantas-cabin-crew-service-desk-closed-post4983948.html#post4983948) is an example of the problems we have with most CC threads.

:mad:

I accept the problem it is probably a small minority of miscreants and it may appear unreasonable to penalise all cabin crew, but Mods simply don't have the time or inclination to read every post and clean up multi page threads - it is easier to lock or remove the thread.

ditch handle
9th Jun 2009, 21:49
Of course no comments are made about the non cabin crew posters who wade in to the cabin crew thread to stir the pot. :mad:

tail wheel
9th Jun 2009, 21:54
Ditch. I accept your point - we have similar problems with a small minority of non CCs.

However, most - but not all - pilot related threads require no Mod intervention, whilst almost all CC threads degenerate into the same slanging match.

Boomerang_Butt
10th Jun 2009, 08:19
most - but not all - pilot related threads require no Mod intervention, whilst almost all CC threads degenerate into the same slanging match.

Which makes it extrememly frustrating for those of us CC who genuinely are here to learn from our colleagues up the pointy end... I tried that cabin crew site but the lack of (any) pilot input and 'serious' nature of topics put me off. (Not that cc topics aren't serious but I'm talking technical-type discussions)

I suppose as someone who was interested in aircraft before flying down the back it doesn't help! So gratefully acknowledge the chance to butt in with a question here once in a while and I try to behave! Makes me cringe to think of those weirdo QF posters giving the rest of us a bad name!!!

Now, how do you take that coffee again? :E