PDA

View Full Version : Hours Building

TheRich23
8th Jun 2009, 14:53
During my hour building for CPL Issue, I used various aircraft from various airfields around the UK. For any check out, that has been required, my log book entry as been listed as P1 S'vised. Can someone tell me if these hours count towards P1 or PUT Totals?

quant
8th Jun 2009, 15:07
P1

;):):ok:

Linda Mollison
8th Jun 2009, 15:11
Only P1 if you were sole manipulator of the controls, you logged yourself as commander in your logbook, and you completed the techlog. Otherwise PuT.

P1S should only be used for a successful skill test.

Linda Mollison

TheRich23
8th Jun 2009, 15:47
I thought the same, but CAA advised me to enter check outs as P1S. Just had conflicting information since as to whether they are P1 or PUT. It would make sense that a successful check out, ie, no external input, would class the same as a successful skill test. Problem being, certain governing bodies minds work in, shall we say, mysterious ways.....

Linda Mollison
8th Jun 2009, 16:01
LASORS Section A, Appendix B shows for PIC U/S:

Case J. Pilot undergoing any form of flight test with a JAA or CAA Authorised examiner

It also shows PIC U/S for co-pilot time but states:

'Flight time as PIC U/S, apart from as specifically provided for in Case J above, will only be allowed for the holder of a PPL subject to the terms of a prior agreement with the CAA:

So co-pilot time PIC U/S logging is only allowable for multi crew time on aircraft which are required to carry two pilots, or for flights conducted by an AOC holder who chooses to operate the aircraft as multi crew.

Linda Mollison