PDA

View Full Version : PA28 hire near Glasgow ?

PompeyPaul
8th Jun 2009, 12:50
I'm in Glasgow in a month's time. I was wondering if there was anywhere near by to get some flying done ? Looking at the charts for Scotland there looks like plenty of microlight activity, but no other. Anybody know of a PA28 for hire near Glasgow ?

muggins
8th Jun 2009, 12:57
PM sent

Ken

RudeNot2
8th Jun 2009, 12:58
You beat me to it Ken!!

muggins
8th Jun 2009, 13:27
You beat me to it Ken!!
Dave, you always were a wee bit slower :8

ps will email a couple of photos from Perth on Sat.

'India-Mike
8th Jun 2009, 14:09
PP - there's a PA28-161 (Warrior) at Glasgow Flying Club, two PA28-140 (Cherokee) at Prestwick Flying Club and one or maybe two PA28-181 Archer III at Cumbernauld. I think Prestwick Flight Centre also have an Archer.

xrayalpha
8th Jun 2009, 18:24
PA28-140 for sale at Strathaven - although marked as microlight, field has a few light aircraft too.

But we can only hire you a C42 microlight.

shaun.s
10th Jun 2009, 09:49
xray- Any idea if any of the syndicates at Strathaven are looking? I spoke to you a few weeks back about doing an RT exam with you as I'm off to do an intensive PPL in the next few weeks. Strathaven would be ideal for me if I could fly Group A!

G-BHZO
12th Jun 2009, 23:39
Prestwick Flight Centre have a couple of Warriors (1 x PA28-151 and 1 x PA28-161) for hire. Throw in a lovely long runway (and another shorter one), helpful ATC and a decent balance of GA and commercial traffic, and you are onto a winner! Did I mention the fantastic west of Scotland scenery and range of airports within an hour's flight?

I make no apologies for the distinct lack of bias contained in the above :E

xrayalpha
13th Jun 2009, 20:38
Hi Shaun,

Believe John is now considering shares in his Cherokee since he has had a couple of tyre-kickers up and he actually wants to still fly it (despite us trying to convert him to microlights!)

Think he is looking at fifths at 3k each. With hangarage at Strathaven now £135 a month for a PA28 that would be £27 a month for your share, plus £250 a year for your club membership to cover all your landings.

I don't know if he plans a fuel only price, plus share of the bills whenever (and whatever, such as insurance, annuals, maintenance etc) , or an "engine fund" type hourly rate.

But since he only flew it 25 hours last year, it could do with a lot more use!