PDA

View Full Version : building hours for a PPL in SK / HR .. possible?

kisero
7th Jun 2009, 13:42
Hello folks!

loads of reading and lots of questions! I'm an Argentinean/Croatian chap living in Slovakia because of my work..all the sudden i toke the decision to start with a modest PPL license..i have no commercial pilot ambition for the time being..

Although i have many questions and maybe i should hit some school before posting them here i think some of you might come across this situation: non-eu citizen building hours for to get a PPL license.

Can i make flying hours in SK (Slovakia) or HR (Croatia) to get a PPL license expedited by either this two countries?

I saw that many people go US, etc to get hours so i assume hours are counted no matter were you make them, but what about the license itself? would i be granted a license in SK even when i'm not a SK citizen? should i then go to Croatia to get it (Where I'm citizen) ? Is the license given by your citizen country only?

gosh, i know this sounds confusing but having multiple nationalities and residences is a complex thing to manage sometimes!

thanks for any advice!
Esteban

yames
8th Jun 2009, 15:35
Hi Esteban,

I think there is no problem with citizenship - on some forms that need to be filled when you start training I saw a place where they mention foreign applicants and that they need valid passport.
But try contacting CAA in Slovakia - department of licensing - phone 00421 2
48 77 75 58 and ask them directly. Or if you can speak Slovak, you can try their web - www.caa.sk (http://www.caa.sk).
I hope this helps a bit.
Yames