PDA

View Full Version : Getting hold of my RT recordings

PompeyPaul
7th Jun 2009, 08:45
Is this possible ? I'd like to hear what my RT is like in the "heat of battle" to see how I can improve it. Are the recordings available for pilots ?

DaveW
7th Jun 2009, 10:35
A much easier method would be for you to get a recorder of some sort that accepts an external microphone, plug in a button or tie-clip mike, then pop that into one of the ear cups of your headset. The results are surprisingly good.

Captain-Random
7th Jun 2009, 11:44
Another way is to buy this:

GSM Cell Phone Adapter @ Flightstore Pilot Supplies (http://www.flightstore.co.uk/prod/PILPA87/DEPT-HEAD/HAACCS/)

And plug it in to the other headset jack and attach a tape/voice recorder

PompeyPaul
8th Jun 2009, 07:04
I think that's what I'll do!

cptcollins
8th Jun 2009, 17:03
MP3 player with line-in is the way i do it. Records direct to MP3 and you can then edit it on PC afterwards. Easy :8

Mark1234
9th Jun 2009, 02:47
Some mobile phones have a handsfree that's in two parts - the headphones plug into the mic part (my sony-ericsson being an example); just unplug the headphones, and slip the mic part under the headset cup - completely zero cost option :)

gingernut
12th Jun 2009, 22:33
My Mrs used to listen to me on the scanner when I was a student ppl. (Sad, I know).

She was always amazed at how "shaky" my voice sounded when talking to the guy in the tower:)