PDA

View Full Version : AFT books #2

GNR
5th Jun 2009, 16:04
"""Hello everyone,

Im looking to buy a copy of Aerodynmics and systems, the AFT distance learning book only

If anybody wants to trade a book with me, or wants to buy one i have met, humans factors and performance and loading, all aft distances learning and all in good condition."""

Of corse i am aware u can buy them , as i have already brought 3, but this is the real world, im on a pilots wage, i don't earn much, anybody willing to trade? its not about screwing them over, im not screwing toyota everytime i buy a 2nd hand car. they are great books which is why i want to use them.
it may be a little investment to you, but for me its a weeks wages

morno
5th Jun 2009, 23:52
As was said in the other thread you posted and got told on, the books are licenced to you, and to you only.

May I suggest buying it when you can afford it.

morno

j3pipercub
6th Jun 2009, 06:36
GNR,

Sucks to be you mate, living in the real world...

I'm not a 'real' pilot but somehow managed to pay for the texts

j3

Dot Product
6th Jun 2009, 06:54
There is no problem will selling licensed material morno, provided it was legally obtained in the first place. Look up first sale doctrine, it applies in most countries that I know of, particularly the US.

There is some gray area with regards to software, but books and dvd's etc can be resold, regardless of any restrictions put upon doing so by the publisher.

Lasiorhinus
6th Jun 2009, 14:42
It might be legal to resell Nathan's books... but its certainly not morally right to buy them secondhand. That man put a lot of effort into those books, and if you intend to use them to get yourself ahead in your career, it's the right thing to do to pay Nathan for them.

Everyone else who uses his books is a pilot, too. You're no different to anyone else, and everyone else forks out the cash.

Zoomy
6th Jun 2009, 19:24
Mate I paid for my course notes on the ****tiest wage even you could imagine. It took a while to be able to purchase them, but well worth it in the end.
Now ask do I want to sell them, no on your life. They are worth more in refreshing my memory from time to time and trying to win an aerodynamic argument, than any amount of second hand cash they might bring about.

Mate fork out the cash and you will be well rewarded with the service you receive as well.