PDA

View Full Version : Printer Problem

Miserlou
5th Jun 2009, 15:08
Hmmmm!
Having a problem with a Xerox Phaser 6110 which goes on to pause whenever I try to print and says somehing about 'unable to read document'.

I tried updating software but only managed to get a response when I re-installed the software package. This is obviously not a workable solution.

It won't do anything at all from the Windows PC which I re-installed Bonjour onto to try and fix it.

Any help appreciated.
OX10.4

green granite
5th Jun 2009, 15:57
Try setting a resolution of 600 dpi or less in File>Print...

I am told this is an OS 10.5 "new feature" that confuses the Microsoft applications if the resolution is too high.

Microsoft and Apple are working on it. :(

This seems to be a common problem. (I know you are on 10.4 but worth a try)

mixture
5th Jun 2009, 19:58
Have you checked what page size you're sending.

I know from experience that Xerox lasers can become very stroppy if you, for example, send a Word document in "US Letter" format, to a Xerox that's setup for A4. Same in terms of paper type (e.g. sending a "plain paper" job to a "heavy plain").

There are probably ways to set mismatch settings in firmware. But out of the box, Xeroxes can be fussy.

Disclaimer: My experience is with a 6250DX which is a somewhat different beast to a 6110. :cool:

Also, when you said you "tried updating software" .... I assume this is drivers on your Mac ?

If this is the case, would suggest you check Xerox support for printer firmware updates.

Miserlou
5th Jun 2009, 21:06
Thanks,
Yes it is on a Mac.
Strange thing is that it worked straight away when I first plugged it in. Then it stopped working after a week or two.
Yes, the drivers were reinstalled from a new download.