PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Namibia

Buffalowings
5th Jun 2009, 08:38
Hi to all

I don't know if this topic has been covered in prev. forums, but here goes:

I'm completing my SACPL in the next few months, and I would like to do the chartered flight at Swakopmund in Namibia.

My question is this: Do I need to do the NAM CPL exams again or just do a conversion?

Csanad007
5th Jun 2009, 10:04
Check this tread: More Info for those (low-timers) seeking a job in Namibia (http://www.pprune.org/african-aviation/350918-more-info-those-low-timers-seeking-job-namibia.html)

good luck

Malagant
6th Jun 2009, 08:10
You need to write Nam airlaw and do a flight test, most company`s will organize you a work visa etc. If you dont have a 210 rating they will normally arrange that. Nam is a great place to fly, everybody wants to go to Maun while in Windhoek or Swakop you stay in town, lots of good places to go and drink beer:ok: Many of the trips you do are to game lodges etc and many times you will be required to stay over. I have recently organized a job for someone and the excuse was, that on Pprune they read that there is a high accident rate, so they would rather not take the job:confused:....mmh, do you doubt your own ability, do you really want a job..ok granted, a 210 is not a toy and will bite you sharpish, and there has been some engine failures but overall for the amount of hours flown by those machines its not that bad, as for running out of fuel in a 1900 as happened awhile ago, that is not so much the machines fault now, is it? If you can get in there then go, it`s a great place to live and fly, and there are more oppertunities to get on a Caravan and get some turbine time than in Maun..good luck!:ok:

stone_crusher
6th Jun 2009, 14:42
whats the position out there now???
i have 820tt and 520 on twins do i have any chance??
whens the best time to go job hunting there??
thanks
BR

Buffalowings
7th Jun 2009, 15:07
Hi guys

Thanks for all of your replies!!

Good news is that I spoke to some people, there might be a way of doing my NAM and SA comm test in one go. But I will still need to write the airlaw of NAM.

Just came home from a little trip to Rustenburg, just realised today what a pleasure flying is?!?!?!?! And always be!!!!!

Happy landings!