PDA

View Full Version : Etihad cadet pilot programme last test

Pages : [1] 2

calvin.&.holmes
5th Jun 2009, 06:30
I am starting this thread so as to help the last of us who are left for the final first assessment in AUH.
And also share some information. (and no crap talk)

calvin.&.holmes
5th Jun 2009, 08:51
Has anyone of you got any e-mails.

Gustavo_Nieto
5th Jun 2009, 20:00
Not yet ,please inform if you get any e mail buddies, i'll do as well...Thanks for opening this thread.

calvin.&.holmes
6th Jun 2009, 06:25
I found this link for some maths practice check it out.

Math Practice (http://www.highlands.edu/wcotter/COMPASS/math_practice.htm)

balajinaidoo
6th Jun 2009, 06:39
i got a email very soon
but they say i have to finish my A level with pass in maths and physics then apply

VT-ASM
6th Jun 2009, 11:49
Nope.....
No sign of the much awaited mail in my inbox.....
And thanks for the link...
I'm practising mostly GMAT type for math...Although, No clue how to prepare for physics....

calvin.&.holmes
6th Jun 2009, 13:35
I too am clueless about how to prepare for physics.

guybrush
7th Jun 2009, 20:55
Hello everyone!

I found this website to be very useful: FREE PRACTICE TESTS: Practice online aptitude, ability and personality testing for recruitment, employment and development (http://www.practicetests.co.uk/)

Good luck to you all!
guybrush

Gustavo_Nieto
9th Jun 2009, 05:40
Hello everyone !! How is your preparaion going? I hope you're doing great !!, Have you received any email with details already? Im so excited ! its just a month and some days for the assessment, i just can't believe it yet ! Hope to meet you there.. Please let us know when you have received any information. !

Gustavo_Nieto
9th Jun 2009, 12:10
Just received the most awaited e mail ever !!!!! I'll attend on July 22nd at 8:30 oh my God !!!!!!!!! Great surprise more than a great surprise after lunch time. !!! Dream: Here i go !!!

fadedfootpaths
9th Jun 2009, 15:29
I just got an email, I'll be attending the assessment on the 23rd July at 1330.

Good Luck to everyone:ok::ok:

calvin.&.holmes
9th Jun 2009, 17:12
Just got my e-mail from Etihad.

My assessment is on 23 July 13:30.

Hope to see you all.

calvin.&.holmes
9th Jun 2009, 18:30
@ First Officer
Follow the link I posted above for maths and the rest of the tests are basic general knowledge, verbal reasoning,psychometric maybe, some basic physics problems and so on.
This is all i gathered from older threads.

calvin & holmes

Keygrip
9th Jun 2009, 23:44
I'll give you one chance to warn the FO.

SU-GCM
10th Jun 2009, 04:49
For Keygrip
If you see that anyone is trying to get offtopic,asking silly questions,using abbreviations or anything out of the forum rules we will all be happy that you kick his @$$ out of the forums instead of just locking the whole thread, But PLEASE don't Lock the Whole topic for 1 or 2 Idiots...Keep The Good Work Mate

I got My assesments date as well 27th July 09 08:30 AM at the Etihad Training Center
they said 6 subjects with no details about them

Wish you All good Luck and Lets start counting who is going to AUH and arrange for a meet up or see how many of us are there

0G2
10th Jun 2009, 08:31
Hey guys ,..

i jus got the invitation from etihad for their 2009 july assesment at auh!!
any links or leads to prepare for the test??

YarreYarran
11th Jun 2009, 06:44
Guys i am tooo late to know about this recruitment...where is all this assesment taking place and how to apply.
and also if anyone can help...what nationalaties are they looking for coz on their official website they are asking for UAE nationals.

0G2
11th Jun 2009, 16:18
guys i also recieved the invite with a diffrent name "bin qaisar" ..and i wrote them back to cross check and they replied me with the corrections!!!
chill i think its just some sorta error, as long as you have recieved your mail to your inbox you all are safe!!
all the very best !!
cya round!!

SU-GCM
11th Jun 2009, 19:42
same here gentlemen , dogra.sidhant was mine

One quesion though

Do we have to print the invitation Email and show it at the reception/entrance or just the passport ?!

aviator_hyd
12th Jun 2009, 05:21
Hi guys! I would like to know if anyone alredy holding a CPL license has got a mail from Etihad regarding the assesment.

calvin.&.holmes
12th Jun 2009, 06:26
Does anyone have any information about how to prepare for the physics test.

0G2
12th Jun 2009, 08:21
they have mestioned that you wont need any docs. the passport myt jus be enough.!

0G2
12th Jun 2009, 08:25
aviator hyd: 1 cut down instructions of etihad cadetship is that you shouldnt be holding a CPL or ATPL. they are basicly trying to recrut the cadets from scratch. and even if CPL holders are invited for the assesments it is pretty obvios that they will be eliminated by the 2nd interview round!!

0G2
12th Jun 2009, 08:32
guys are your all assesments dated on the 23rd of july 2009 at AUH at 13:30???
@aviator hyd : is your invitation dates to the 26th july 8:30 am??

SU-GCM
12th Jun 2009, 09:30
@OG2:
There are different dates
Some on the 22nd,23rd,26th and 27th is the last i heared of
and some of the days have more than 1 time like the 27th

For those asking about preparations it was proven by the previous applicants that there is nothing you could prepare for as they are trying to measure your skills levels through 6 aptitude tests that you don't even know what are they and they said in the invitation email that their policy is that they won't tell you what are they
So the only advice I got from the 2 previous topics with 1000+ posts is to sleep well the night of the assessment :}

Good Luck Everybody

Gustavo_Nieto
12th Jun 2009, 10:03
Hello i've got my invitiation and it was also addressed to another emil from india (the email ended @hotmail.in) should i write them back? asking for corrections? Or leave it like that??

calvin.&.holmes
12th Jun 2009, 15:28
@ Gustavo Neito

I think it would be better to ask them now then face problem later.

aviator_hyd
12th Jun 2009, 17:02
nah bro i have my assesment on the 23rd at 08:30, but i do hold a CPL. Lets see how it goes i have written to them alredy about it.

sonoahsani
12th Jun 2009, 18:44
I have been invited to AUH on 23 July at 8:30 AM

Guys with the same day and timing contact me so that we can prepare for the test collectively.....

calvin.&.holmes
15th Jun 2009, 14:38
It's so very quiet

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Gustavo_Nieto
17th Jun 2009, 05:51
Hey, do you think there are too many guys attending to AUH Assessment? so as to extend the assessment days from the 22nd to the 27th? i hope not :bored:, have you seen any hotel to stay at? I think all my savings will go in the hotel and airplane ticket since i'm flying from Spain , but i don't care it's my dream and i'll do it again and again....

So , have you seen any hotels? I saw the Intercontinental Abu Dhabi, there's an hotel nearby (Al Raha Beach Hotel) buut i can't find its website...to ask if they can help me with the visa arrangements..

Greetings to all you !

captainamir
18th Jun 2009, 02:30
Anyone here in Sydney for the assessment on 23 June?!

Gustavo_Nieto
19th Jun 2009, 20:55
Hello Buddies, guess what? I just bought my flight ticket to AUH i'm flyiing with Qatar Airways from Spain and i make one scale in Doha Aiport in Qatar im just so excited this month to my assessment will be so fast !!, now i have to keep on studying and get my hotel in Abu Dhabi, i hope you're doing very good with your arrangements as well !!! Hope to see you in AUH !!:ok:

0G2
22nd Jun 2009, 13:43
all the very best guys..cya at AUH!!!:)...

Gustavo_Nieto
23rd Jun 2009, 05:48
Hello everyone just want to wish the best of luck for the candidates of Sydey in the next few days !! ;)

captainamir
25th Jun 2009, 01:01
I was doing the test on 23rd June and quite happy about it finger cross for everyone so far 46 have been accepted and 54 more to be accepted!:)
has anyone got calked for the second stage or have been successful in the first stage yet?!

JJames
25th Jun 2009, 02:39
All in all the day in Sydney was a very good experience. The atmosphere was quite relaxed and the information very informative. I thank Etihad for giving non nationals a chance at becoming a cadet for their airline. Winning this would be like fast forwarding 10 years into your career!!! Goodluck to all in Sydney, hopefully we will all get answers within the next week or two :D

captainamir
25th Jun 2009, 08:15
Yea I was nervous at first but chilled later
hope we get it Soon!and positive for everyone!:)
jjames let me know when you get an email from etihad!

suleman
25th Jun 2009, 16:13
I have been invited for assessment on 27th july at 8.30 am :)

RunSick
25th Jun 2009, 18:00
Does anyone know for certain how many candidates take the first screening? In the last 3 or 4 screenings? I know that finally only 10 (aprox) are accepted, but from how many? (if all the candidates at the various cities where the first test was taken are added, of course)
thanxs and good luck!

Jlowen
25th Jun 2009, 19:56
My assestment is on the 22nd of july 13.30 @ Abu dhabi
anyone else??? How many people are attending and how many are actually getting to the second stage??

adnancoolin
27th Jun 2009, 20:53
hi there everyone....writing here after a long time....I have gone through all the post posted by you all. I have applied too. And my assessment is on 23rd July 8.30am AUH.Regarding questions, that depends on how much good is your mental ability, logic and spatial realization. Questions are easy but the thing is ..... to do all in less time and that too "all correct". Also, please go through the geography part.To keygrip (moderator) - please dont block this thread. I know you are doing the right thing on your part but instead of blocking it..... block the messages from the individuals who are creating a mess.best of luck

Keygrip
28th Jun 2009, 00:17
Then tell me what it's for!!

Nobody is saying anything ABOUT the process - you're all just telling each other when you will be where.

You can do that on Facebook.

What are you expecting to get from this thread?

RunSick
28th Jun 2009, 00:34
I would like to know the acceptance ratio.
How many candidates per city? How many cities taken into account to make one group for the second stage? I know 2nd stage consists of around 30 candidates. But from how many?
Thanks again

rodrigues
28th Jun 2009, 15:37
Have any of the Sydney candidates received results from last week's assessment?

BabyGirl
29th Jun 2009, 03:13
no we haven't - have you ?

rodrigues
29th Jun 2009, 07:45
Nothing as yet. Apologies if it came across as if I was insinuating that I had heard back. Such an anxious wait!

captainamir
29th Jun 2009, 07:48
Not yet have you?!

blackbird93
29th Jun 2009, 11:23
No news till now, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best :)

captainamir
1st Jul 2009, 06:57
anyone heard from sydney resuly yet?

rodrigues
1st Jul 2009, 07:38
Nope. The waiting game isn't getting any easier! They did say up to 10 days, today marks 8 of those.

Seamus733
1st Jul 2009, 09:11
Just got my reply from Sydney - no go for me :(
At least I know what to expect for next year!

LEvans
1st Jul 2009, 09:11
Hi Guys,

I just received an email addressed to my name saying I was successful and would be continuing on to Abu Dhabi in August, and then an hour later received an email addressed to "Dear Candidate," saying I was unsuccessful.

I've contacted them to see what's happening, but at this stage I'm confused! Ha!

Seamus733
1st Jul 2009, 09:14
Lol LEvans!

captainamir
1st Jul 2009, 21:33
When did you get one?!
Why haven't I got one?!

captainamir
1st Jul 2009, 21:36
Are you guys serious about recieving an email?!
Haven't got any email yet!:(

rodrigues
2nd Jul 2009, 00:08
I'd take that as a positive captainamir! As the saying goes, no news is good news.

Gustavo_Nieto
2nd Jul 2009, 05:43
Hello everyone, i have found Etihad Academy in Google Maps, but i see a lot of buildings in there, Does anyone know in which of them the exam will held?, i just hope that there are signs at the main entrance saying
"ETIHAD CADET PILOT TESTS THIS WAY --->" or maybe a beautiful etihad staff girl taking you there personally.:O
Im' very excited !!!, its just 13 days for me to fly from Madrid to Abu Dhabi and my exam on the 22nd i'm staying at the Intercontinental Hotel and i'm staying ther eun until 25 th to go around , anyone would like to join me?

I'll see you all in AUH !

captainamir
3rd Jul 2009, 00:45
good luck gustavoo!

SunnySS
3rd Jul 2009, 01:16
Hi Guys, I've filled up the form in Jun 2009 for the National Cadet Pilot Programme just assuming that they will hire Cadet Globally, so what are the suggestions ? I'm in Hong Kong and not a National.

Cheers
SunnySS

Gustavo_Nieto
3rd Jul 2009, 05:41
Thanks Amir, i hope you already got an answer saying you have been succesful ! and see you in abu dhabi on the second stage i just hope i get through too. 16 Days to fly to AUH !! :}

captainamir
3rd Jul 2009, 06:51
well havent heard anythin as of today!!!
i donno yet!!:)

calvin.&.holmes
3rd Jul 2009, 11:32
Anything for some last minute preparation.
:8:8:8

I will be arriving in Dubai on 20th.

and goodluck to you capt.amir.

rodrigues
4th Jul 2009, 08:13
Has anyone yet been successful for the 2nd stage?

captainamir
4th Jul 2009, 14:28
I donno yet mate
have you heard from your friend?!

rodrigues
5th Jul 2009, 02:06
Captainamir, I've heard from him, but he hasn't yet heard from EY. I suggested to him to wait until tomorrow morning (our time), and if still no word, to contact them directly.

captainamir
5th Jul 2009, 08:56
Hi rodrigues
I already have sent them an email to see what's happening
could you please confirm the email address that you recieve unsucceful notification is as same as the one etihad invited us for the assessment?!
If it's different could you please send me the email address?!

Thanks mate

rodrigues
5th Jul 2009, 09:15
Hey Amir, yup it is the same e-mail. Fingers crossed.

captainamir
6th Jul 2009, 02:07
Captainamir couldn't make it as well!
Well,no worries new life better opportunities!:)

rodrigues
6th Jul 2009, 03:07
Not to worry Amir, simply means that you will inevitably achieve your dreams, you will just go about it the old fashioned and conventional way.

I'm quite surprised to not hear of anyone successfully through to the second stage. Though, selfishly, the scarcity of successful candidates is slight consolation to my own ability :p

LEvans
6th Jul 2009, 03:41
Well I have possibly been accepted, along with someone else I've spoken to. The problem is we've both received the unsuccessful email as well as the successful one.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Etihad.

rodrigues
6th Jul 2009, 04:10
You're still waiting mate? Fingers crossed :)

Gustavo_Nieto
7th Jul 2009, 05:55
Hello everyone, i'm attending to the assessment on the 22nd, yesterday my travel agency got in touch with the hotel i've booked from the 19th to the 25th July (Intercontinental Hotel) for starting my visa application , the travel agent sent me the reply from the hotel amd I must say that the english level of the my travel agent is level zero !! I don't know what the guy from the hotel did to understand what my travel agent tried to say:
(" I they send this message, for which we need that us send us a letter of invitation for the client ....We stay to the wait of answer on the part of the hotel...")

Now i've been in touch with the hotel myself and sent them the required documents (they even ask me for my college certificate in ENGLISH!!!! but i've studied in Mexico !!!) i'm just afraid that i won't have enought time to get the visa, since the flight is on the 19th , i called the Embassy of the UAE here in Spain and they asked if ia had any friend who could soponsor me to enter to the UAE and i said no !... damn it's getting quite difficult and i already have my aiplane ticket... i'll let you know what happens

If this hotel cannot give me the visa in time, i'll just change the Hotel to the Shreaton since they told me they can process ans Urgent Visa which is ready withiin two days
obviuosly the price of this visa is quite high than a normal visa... :S i'm worried, i couldn't sleep well yesterday thinking about it, i just don't want to fail to the tests i've been preparing for so long....

@captainamir : Don't worry budy there are a lot of chances always to make your dreams come true just keep looking and keep your head high, you need to be ready when another great opportunity arrives. Regards !

Keygrip
7th Jul 2009, 09:52
GN - interesting story (not really, I lied) - but what the :mad: has it got to do with PPRuNe?

RunSick
7th Jul 2009, 13:38
Does anyone know the acceptance ratio of Etihad's Cadet Pilot Programme?

Gustavo_Nieto
8th Jul 2009, 05:56
Well it is related to PPRune as the Topic of the forum is "ETIHAD CADET PILOT LAST TEST" so, my post is related to what i am being through to get to the ETIHAD CADET PILOT LAST TEST be sure to read the title of the forum .Thanks for your private mesages buddies , everything is ok now, the hotel has submitted my documents to the proper visa officer

BabyGirl
8th Jul 2009, 07:28
If your spanish (spanish passport holder) - you can enter UAE withoug a visa

Visa are required for all visitors with the exception of nationals from the following 33 countries:
GCC Nationals (Gulf Cooperation Council member countries): Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
Western Europe: France, Italy, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Finland, Spain, Monaco, Vatican City, Iceland, Andorra, San Mario and Liechtenstein.
United Kingdom
North America: USA and Canada
Australia and New Zealand
Far East: Japan, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong

Dubai Visa Requirement | Dubai Passport Information | Dubai Visa Application | Online Dubai Visa (http://www.dubaicity.com/getting_to_dubai/Dubai-passport.htm)

BabyGirl
8th Jul 2009, 07:31
- Dubai is state within UAE - so is AbuDhabi - so the visa requirements are the same

rodrigues
9th Jul 2009, 02:30
Hi Mopar,

No need to apologise, although the question has come up previously.

The Australians in this thread sat the initial Sydney assessment last month for EY's International Cadetship, which is open to all nationalities and is seperate to the UAE National Cadetship. The assessments have one final stop for this year, in Abu Dhabi this month.

The International Cadetship is closed for this year but provided it is continued next year, I'd strongly recommend applying for it. Keep an eye out, they will most likely advertise next years programme later this year.

captkk
9th Jul 2009, 20:03
hey seamus733

i am going for abu dhabi assessment,dude can u guide me and let me know about aptitude tests

captainamir
10th Jul 2009, 04:57
hi rodrigues and all other friends!!

well as u knw i didn get it!!
but i was wondering if anyone from syd heard positive!!
seems no one has accepted from sydney!!

rodrigues
10th Jul 2009, 06:36
Hi Amir,

The closest we've had to success is 'LEvans', who on last contact with this thread, received both the 'Successful' and 'Unsuccessful' e-mails from EY and was in the process of ascertaining which of these apply to him.

I guess it's comes as little surprise that only few would get the nod for the next stage, and those who did are most likely devoting their time to preparation for the big day(s), not PPRuNe. Good luck to them! :ok:

calvin.&.holmes
13th Jul 2009, 06:21
I dont think anybody can know that, everyone can only speculate.

RunSick
13th Jul 2009, 15:11
OK then, as this is a "rumor" network... let the speculation begin!
How many candidates per city? how many cities do the initial assessment in order to have a batch for the second stage?.
At least it will be a bit more interesting than the classic "I've got a mail, have you?..." or "I'm going to xxx on this xxx date, anyone else?"etc.etc.
So, from your personal experience, how many candidates do you calculate were present in your first assessment? Which city was it?
Good luck to all!

Keygrip
13th Jul 2009, 16:05
Even better - stop posting crap just to be able to post something.

If you just chat for the sake of keeping the thread alive then it proves my earlier point that the thread doesn't need to *be* alive.....and it will die the same death.

If you *HAVE* something constructive to all readers of this thread - say it. If not - shut the :mad:.

Fazil
15th Jul 2009, 06:48
Well guys i just wanted to know if Etihad have closed their cadet pilot program for good or have they stopped accepting applications for this year. also any idea on when they would start accepting applications.

Gustavo_Nieto
15th Jul 2009, 16:17
Hello everyone, guess what, i just received my visa to my email this morning , god i'm so excited...now im cleared to go !

Abu Dhabi , see you on Sunday.....Etihad..see you in a week !!:D

RunSick
15th Jul 2009, 22:10
Oh, my god, thank you sooooo much for sharing this really relevant info with us! Now I know as lot more about Etihad Cadet Pilot's tests.:D

LEvans
16th Jul 2009, 12:40
Hey guys,

Just an update. I received an email back from Etihad today and the unsuccessful email was a mistake. So I am heading off to Abu Dhabi sometime in August for stage 2!

calvin.&.holmes
16th Jul 2009, 17:39
Hey LEvans congrats for your selection.

So how good was your test, do you think you scored 100% to get through. :}:}:}

LetMeFly
16th Jul 2009, 20:36
Hey guys i hate to be just another :mad:head asking the same unanswered question,
BUT does anyone actually know the ratio of people being accepted each year.

someone please answer....:ugh:

Keygrip
16th Jul 2009, 22:40
OK, I'll answer.

Nobody knows.

Now a question for you....what does it matter? What benefit would the information be to you, or anyone else, if anybody did know?

LetMeFly
17th Jul 2009, 00:06
I will be glad to answer:)

It matters in a sense that one will have a rough idea of the chance involved in being selected to the program, now Etihad has already announced it will not hold the last three venues.
I would like to see if someone know if they are now planning no take in less people due to the quote: "current economic climate".

Thank you for your concern :)

LEvans
17th Jul 2009, 00:27
calvin.&.holmes - Thanks :) To be honest I thought I went rather average on the first part of the assessment, but then I also think I nailed the last few parts. So overall I thought I did okay.

LetMeFly - I can't give you an exact answer, for the simple fact that we weren't told. What we were told is that they do aim for a certain number, and after the assessment you will either get an Unsuccessful, Maybe or Successful email. The Maybe email depends on how well the candidates in the next assessment do.

They also said that there is a certain pass mark. So the best advice to improve your chances? Study, and study hard!

We were also reminded about how aviation works in cycles, and right now we're in a bit of a downturn. We weren't told if that meant they were accepting lower numbers or not, but if they are just remember this - There will be an upturn.

BabyGirl
17th Jul 2009, 01:03
Congrats LEvans - Hopefully they have another assessment next year - but by the looks of it I highly doubt it - Anyways hope you kick *** in AbuDhabi - All the best (Enjoy the heat there as well)

LEvans
17th Jul 2009, 01:46
Thanks BabyGirl.

Even if they don't have one next year, I'm sure the next one won't be far away.

tze shan
17th Jul 2009, 02:20
seems like they are only postponing application from south east asia? :(

Yoke
17th Jul 2009, 07:05
Let us know each other, everyone his assessment will be in AUH “Abu Dhabi” just write the date and time. Maybe there will be time for meeting and work as a group to be ready for the assessment. :)
As I am from Saudi Arabia which is near to UAE I will pleased to help anyone ether for accommodation, flight advice, and sightseeing as well.
Abdullah my assessment 7/27/2009 @ 8:30am

LetMeFly
17th Jul 2009, 10:51
Thanks LEvans good luck with Stage 2

SU-GCM
19th Jul 2009, 13:22
Anynews from AUH ?
wasn't the assessments supposed to started yesterday ?

LetMeFly
19th Jul 2009, 13:51
not sure which stage you are talking about im scheduled for stage one on the 22nd i think that's the first date.

SU-GCM
19th Jul 2009, 14:45
LetMeFly, My bad I thought they are starting 1st stage for AUH on the 18th

Mine will be on the 27th So I will be on the last day

However, I am coming to DXB Tomorrow

Good Luck Mate :ok:

suleman
19th Jul 2009, 20:53
@LEvans, congrats on the success, and good luck with stage 2!
@Yoke and SU-GCM, I've been invited for the same date aswell.. =]

hafsa
20th Jul 2009, 10:03
ahan seem all guys here......i gues m the only gal then haha....ny1 attending the assesment on da 26th??? what documents do we need to bring in with us on the day of assesment? they must need some kind of proof that we actually applied ;)

LetMeFly
20th Jul 2009, 10:22
passport is all you need to sit the assessment (still to be on the safe side ill bring a print out of the invitation displaying the date, i recommend you do the same) :}

Gustavo_Nieto
20th Jul 2009, 10:22
Hello everyone, i made it im now in AUH waiting for Wednesday, gosh is hot, i just want to say that this is such and impressive country , i was with my mouth open during the transportation from the aiport to the Hotel WOW i a m so impressed , and more excited ..my assessment will be held on the 22nd at 8.30 a.m. i've been wlakiing around Marina Mall and Heritage Village.... just wanted to say hello to everyone...

BabyGirl
20th Jul 2009, 23:18
I was the only girl for my assignment - it feels good sometimes being the odd one out - hope you make it through.

0G2
21st Jul 2009, 09:25
hey evrybody in here is for the 22nd assesment,..iam the only 1 who will be on 23rd..!?
landed in dubai and iam loving the heat outhere.
all the best guys.!:}:}

skylocker
21st Jul 2009, 10:27
hope u can do well on the tests.
I'm a girl too.

good luck.
can't wait to fly to AUH.:)

PH-AJU
21st Jul 2009, 12:18
"your first stage of assessment for Cadet Pilot Programme will be held at 13:30 on 27th July 2009":ok:

0G2
21st Jul 2009, 13:07
ppruners please make a point to share in your experience on your assesments.

thank you !
:ok:

SU-GCM
21st Jul 2009, 14:16
Mine on 27th at 0830 AM and I am in UAE now

LetMeFly
22nd Jul 2009, 02:52
Ok, 2.5hrs till stage one....:eek:

Good luck everyone..

LEvans
22nd Jul 2009, 04:39
Good luck!

malirm
22nd Jul 2009, 08:07
Good Luck for all of you & hope you do well, I heard that Competition is High & alots of people have applied...largest assessment ever (done by Etihad) !

Good Luck again :ok:

0G2
22nd Jul 2009, 08:18
All the best to you guys doing your assesments today . mine is on tomorow 1:30pm.
:}:}:}:}

hafsa
22nd Jul 2009, 08:35
thnks...whoz attending the assessment on the 26th?

calvin.&.holmes
22nd Jul 2009, 10:23
Getting the D-day jitters.

Mine is tomorrow 13:30.

DodgeG
22nd Jul 2009, 17:33
I'd just like to wish you all the very best of luck....I am one of the Etihad/Horizon flight instructors over in Al Ain where you'll all be coming to train for the next 18 months !!........ We're a bit out in the desert here but I know all of you will love every second of your training and your amazing careers............Work hard now...or I'll be kicking your arses !!...... Good luck again.. Dodge

hafsa
23rd Jul 2009, 08:44
ohh nice hear from a flight instructor! may the best one get through these assessments.

SU-GCM
23rd Jul 2009, 13:23
First and 2nd day in AUH are over Friday and Saturday are Day offs here and the assesments continue on Sunday 26th and Ends by Sunday 27th

Any news from the guys that are done ?

Etihadian
23rd Jul 2009, 20:57
Hello people,

Hope you are doing good. This is my very first post but i keep reading posts. My assessment is on 26th July 1:30pm.

Congratulations to all those who cleared stage 1 and best of luck for future.

SU-GCM
25th Jul 2009, 19:14
Why noone is posting about AUH Assessments ?
I think already 2 days are done now and 2 are left

Hope someone post about how they did ?

calvin.&.holmes
25th Jul 2009, 21:33
My assessment was on 23 July second session. The people at etihad were very friendly and cool. Just keep your cool and don't panic, you will be fine.

@su-gcm

If you are looking for information about tests no one will give it to you.
All I can give you is my good wishes and good luck.
The main chit-chat will start after everyone is done with the tests and the emails start pouring in.

SU-GCM
26th Jul 2009, 05:00
@ calvin.&.holmes

I don't think I've asked about this
but usually if you have followed the old topic of 2008 assessments and 2009 old topic you should have understood what people have been discusing without mentioning anything regarding the questions

anyhow to avoid entering in a useless debate Good luck for you and for all of us

hafsa
27th Jul 2009, 08:31
Etihad sure need einsteins for the cadet program :}

SU-GCM
27th Jul 2009, 20:24
Hello All

It was a nice experience and yes they need genuisses to pass :S not just motivated people as they said in the presentation :eek:

calvin.&.holmes
28th Jul 2009, 08:07
@hafsa
You are surely right.

The time given to solve the questions was not less it was minuscule. There was no room even to think twice.
You can never be prepared for that you can either do it or not.
But since they are investing so much money they need those split second decision makers. :8

malirm
28th Jul 2009, 09:36
honestly, from my point of view...the first test had a very little time, but this can't hold you back...others had the same test!

Based upon my experience...keep learning & reading in your normal days...preparation for such tests will not help that much...its the continuous reading & exploring that would help you...in addition to previous testing of this kind (Familiarazation).

General Knowledge can't increase within 2 weeks...its the amount of info & experiences that you would have accumulated throughout the last couple of months/years :ok:.

Even if you are able to pass, your scores are going to be compared with the SA & AUS guys...so chances will decrease...overall It was a great experience! and would go for it whenever its possible.

Bradda G
28th Jul 2009, 09:51
What's the outlook for the cadet scheme (international)? Is this the end of it?

EYA345pilot
29th Jul 2009, 01:53
Hey DodgeD I am Abdul

It is good to see a horizon flight instructor on these forums. I was unfortunately one of the unsuccessful candidates from the 2009 Sydney assessments. I was just wondering whether there has been talks at horizon regarding continuation of the program in 2010 and for how many years Etihad going to be running this program.

I hope to hear from you

Abdul:ok:

EYA345pilot
29th Jul 2009, 02:01
Hey buddy

Congrats on selection for stage 2 bro:D. I was unfortunately one of the unsuccessful candidates from Sydney's assessment :{(23RD June). I was just wondering on the e-mail they sent to you saying you had passed stage 1 did it mention anything about educational certificates to bring with you to stage 2.

Cheers:ok:

Abdul

LEvans
29th Jul 2009, 07:25
The email had no other information on it, except to say that I was successful, and a rough guess of the month that the Stage 2 assessments would be held in.

hafsa
31st Jul 2009, 14:20
Any news anybody?? :bored:

Gustavo_Nieto
31st Jul 2009, 17:13
No , no news yet :bored:
Let us know if anyone gets anything :)

Yoke
31st Jul 2009, 18:43
I am already done with assessment in AUH on 27th July. It was such a good experience. And I hope to pass it. I hope good luck for everyone and my advice "don't ever give up" for the one who didn't pass the first stage. Still there is a chance after 6 months. My number was AUH 7-54. Anyone has news please let us know.

Good luck

malirm
31st Jul 2009, 19:55
I heard that a good number of candidates made it through in Etihad Assessments, so lets wait until Sunday afternoon and see...:ok:

suleman
1st Aug 2009, 06:17
no news yet :S
@malirm
u heard it from?

malirm
1st Aug 2009, 06:53
Well, thats just some news from a friend who works somewhere around EY...if not me :)...its PPRuNe...take it or leave it :ok:.

Another Rumour...the Stage 2 assessments will be between 6 & 10 Sept., nothing guaranteed...don't build any plans on it !

Bytheway....cheers to Gustavo who came all the way from Mexico to UAE...we had a good time in AUH, hope to see you around !

SU-GCM
1st Aug 2009, 08:21
@Marlim
The second stage date has been told during the AUH assessments :ok: 8th and 9th

suleman
1st Aug 2009, 08:29
@malirm
ok! :ok:good if its true

malirm
1st Aug 2009, 10:10
It was told that it will be on 1, 2 & 3 of Sept. on the assessment date when I was there...but now as I heard, it has shifted to 7, 8 & 9 of Sept. 09...

LEvans
1st Aug 2009, 13:01
The email I just received out of Abu Dhabi says:

"To carry out a second phase of screening for which you need to be in Abu Dhabi from the 08th until 10th September 2009"

:)

LetMeFly
1st Aug 2009, 13:06
Did anyone get any email from the AUH stage one that was held last month?
Thanks

calvin.&.holmes
1st Aug 2009, 13:13
No still waiting.

@LEvans
What is the approx waiting time.

LEvans
1st Aug 2009, 13:18
If you mean the waiting time for the first emails from Etihad after the Stage 1 assessment, then it was roughly a week before I received mine saying I was successful.

Gustavo_Nieto
1st Aug 2009, 15:35
Hey you !
I want to thank to malirm who made that trip , the best of my life (seriously)...i hope we could have been good enough to see each other again and share an A320( malirm's favorite aircraft) cockpit in a near future, it would be such an honour. I hope to see you once again on the second stage and finally in Al Ain !...also you promised to teach me arabic hehe

See you soon ! Take Care ! Keep in Touch !:ok:

EYZ
1st Aug 2009, 17:39
I understand the replys will come out on Monday, so fingers crossed eh!!!

malirm
1st Aug 2009, 18:54
I'd stick with EYZ news...:), hope it doesn't take any longer !, ByTheWay Gustavo...I prefer the A320 in Airbuses, but I am always with Boeing specially the 777-300 ER, thats why I have the Boeing's sticker on the back of my car !

Bravo Papa
2nd Aug 2009, 03:39
Hi guys, i've made it through to the 2nd stage in Abu Dhabi in September.. Does anyone have any advice on what to expect?

suleman
2nd Aug 2009, 08:45
where did you have your assessment? abu dhabi or sydney?

PH-AJU
2nd Aug 2009, 08:48
Anyone got news?:bored:

Bokhari
2nd Aug 2009, 14:01
Did anyone get any email from the AUH stage one that was held on 26th JUly:rolleyes:

LetMeFly
2nd Aug 2009, 14:47
Nothing yet apparently tomorrow first emails go out..
But that info is not official just a rumor...:bored:

hunk_
2nd Aug 2009, 15:33
hey there..
geez....the results...i am anxious..appeared for the 27th assesment auh
i think i did the psycometry tests well but screwed up here and there. i had initially marked the answers in a diffrent page.i hope they don't take that into consideration.
maybe they would , thats why the psycologists where there walking around noting down things. u guys tel me...wat do u think.!! :$

anyways..lets just keep our fingers crossed..may everyone get selected ...cant pray for that....may the best ones get selected.:)

keep flying
cj

Gustavo_Nieto
2nd Aug 2009, 15:53
Oh my God this waiting is horrible i'm so nervous ,something tells me to calm down something tells me that i made it, but i don't know maybe is that feeling of anxiety to know the results. A big pray this night before going to bed.when i wake up tomorrow for work it's going to be 1530 in the UAE and probably i'll wake up at 430am(local time in Mexico)only to see if there's anything. Good Luck to everyone

PH-AJU
2nd Aug 2009, 17:10
Seems I'm not the only one who's nervous to get the results :ugh:

suleman
2nd Aug 2009, 17:35
same here...much nervous :S

PH-AJU
2nd Aug 2009, 23:21
You're right, if this won't work I'll have to find an other way to become a pilot. But this Etihad opportunity is not just some "ah.. I'll give it a try" thing... I want to go for it for the full 100%. Infact, I think that's the only way to become pilot in Etihad. I guess that's why I'm nervous about it.

Hope you've all passed guys!

VT-ASM
3rd Aug 2009, 09:04
Hi !

I took the assessment on the 27th as well.........
Even I screwed up a bit here and a bit there...I think I screwed up everywhere :{:{
The best we can do now is to keep calm and wait....

If we don't get through this attempt, there's always one more chance.....

Good luck to everyone !

calvin.&.holmes
3rd Aug 2009, 11:22
the suspence is killing me
:ugh::ugh::ugh:

VT-ASM
3rd Aug 2009, 11:56
I was in the 13:30 assessment......
Saw you guys coming out....

I guess today is a tad too early to get any responses from EY. In my humble opinion, we should be expecting them early next week....

Regards,

VT-ASM

hafsa
3rd Aug 2009, 12:42
not one got the result?? will they email everyone in one go??? :}

Gustavo_Nieto
3rd Aug 2009, 12:43
Damn, this is killing me too, :ugh::} i woke up at 4am and nothing yet, i'm so worried and excited at the same time,being Etihad Cadet Pilot is everything i want, and today i was expecting to know if i am 50% closer to make my dream come true , but nothing yet !!
In the UAE its 1645PM so probably today is not the day !

VT-ASM
3rd Aug 2009, 12:43
The lovely HR lady obviously needs her time :):)

malirm
3rd Aug 2009, 12:44
Having the results daelayed shows the high amount of competition in AUH!...don't think it will be out today (Monday).

Competition in stage 2 will be much tougher than any other time...:ok:

Gustavo_Nieto
3rd Aug 2009, 13:10
The lovely HR lady obviously needs her time http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Are you saying nice things, just in case she reads your post, she gives you priority to get to Second Stage?

Hehehe just joking !! Yeah she is nice ! She and the rest of the recruitment team has our dream in their hands ! :sad:

Gustavo_Nieto
3rd Aug 2009, 13:22
I have such a great idea !!!
Let's gather some money and pay extra hours to the HR personnel so they can have the results sooner
and we can stop suffering awaiting for the results, what do you think?;)

VT-ASM
3rd Aug 2009, 13:28
@ Gustavo :
Mate, would definitely love it if things went the way you said !!

I apologise to go a bit off track, But I saw this advertisement below on this page as of now about this book called 'Confessions and Memoirs of an airline pilot'...By Captain Horta

Should make a fantastic read......

calvin.&.holmes
3rd Aug 2009, 15:52
I understand the replys will come out on Monday, so fingers crossed eh!!!

This is what EYZ said on Sunday and he has never been wrong.
So the results could be out in a day or two.

Gustavo_Nieto
3rd Aug 2009, 16:25
Oh man, this is horrible.. :eek:

Keygrip
3rd Aug 2009, 16:57
You're damned right it's horrible.

The last 32 messages (before I quit counting) are all saying "I have no news" - so don't :mad: post any then!

I do actually feel for your frustration at such an important time in your training - but 32 messages of *nothing* is NOT what PPRuNe is for!.

Can we assume that, until somebody posts that they *DO* have news, nobody has any??

Etihadian
4th Aug 2009, 10:07
I couldnt make it.
:=

LetMeFly
4th Aug 2009, 10:21
At this point, we regret to inform you that we will not be pursuing your application any further at this time. We appreciate your interest and we are happy to evaluate you again after 6 months.:sad:

0G2
4th Aug 2009, 10:44
:sad:it all ends in an email,..
i couldnt make it either...:sad::sad:

SU-GCM
4th Aug 2009, 10:54
Ok guys didn't pass either here :)

Good Luck for those who did it :)

PH-AJU
4th Aug 2009, 11:42
I didn't make it...

Gustavo_Nieto
4th Aug 2009, 11:45
Haven't got anything yet i am suffering a lot here !!! I am so nervous and afraid too i am begging to all the Gods of the universe !!!

first officer
4th Aug 2009, 11:49
i have not passed:ugh:....and i have not make it...congrats to those who have passed-...and one thing more...dont be frustrated...we have one more chance...

Bokhari
4th Aug 2009, 12:00
i couldn't make it...........:ugh:

ThANkyou etihad for giving me a chance :D

Gustavo_Nieto
4th Aug 2009, 12:59
Man its 1655pm in the UAE the nice lady from HR may be about to finish working... my hands are shaking.... i am now reading my email every 5 mins!! :ugh::ugh:.....

malirm
4th Aug 2009, 13:06
Guys I made it...just got the email, good luck for the rest & sorry for who didn't make it...6 months & please try again!

At this point, we are happy to inform you that you were successful in the first phase & you are invited to attend the second phase of the assessment.

Gustavo_Nieto
4th Aug 2009, 13:12
CONGRATULATIONS malirm you deserve it !
You're such a cool guy !! I hope i can see you again in AUH and go around once again !! And the if i go to ( i will..they are just making me suffer a little..)the second stage and make it to the finals we will see in Al Ain... Buddy Enjoy it !!..... Now pray for me please !!
Congratulations once again you should be very proud

A big Hug from Mexico !! :D:D

Now back to ready my email once again !

Keygrip
4th Aug 2009, 13:27
Nice one, malirm - pleased for you.

0G2
4th Aug 2009, 13:43
:) well done malirm!
wishing you all the best and
praying for rest of your assesments
to go well!!

:ok::ok:

hunk_
4th Aug 2009, 13:50
hey guys..
just got the mail...nopes..i couldnt make it...anyways..was a good experience.
congrats :ok:to marlim and others who made it..and those who couldnt..dunchta worry...6 months will pass in a wink..:rolleyes:
atleast now ..we know wats a pilots assesment is like..:) we can be proud of tht..

cheers
cj

VT-ASM
4th Aug 2009, 13:54
Got my mail....
Didn't make it......
Well ...AUH see you after 6 months.............
Congratulations to those who made it

Best regards,

ASM

skylocker
4th Aug 2009, 13:58
I didn't make it , either.
But I feel so good after this assessment, at least we know how to prepare for the next ,right?!

Hope Etihad will open this programme ASAP.
I can't wait for it.
Let us keep trying and trying!!!!!!

FlyBoy787
4th Aug 2009, 17:59
Was confident i'd get in, but oh well......

.....Congratulations Malirm, all the best :)

suleman
4th Aug 2009, 20:42
My Heartiest CONGRATULATIONS to malirm and all those who made it!

I couldn't make it either...=[... very sad of course, its natural... hope Etihad continue the programme in the coming years, and hope I am able to try it again after 6 months..

@malirm
Good Luck for your second phase! May you be successful in your 2nd phase too! :ok:

malirm
5th Aug 2009, 07:44
Oh man its nice to see the whole page congratulating me!!!, Thank You guys, you made me smile in the most difficult days of my life!

Alots of you PMed me & asked how did I make it through...I mentioned it before & I'll mention it again (if Key Grip don't mind)...it was the previous experience, I had alots of aptitude tests in OAT, DAE flight academy, Alpha Aviation Academy & Etihad (twice)...I passed all of them except the first time with Etihad because of alots of mainly:

1. Not Sleeping well before tests
2. Giving priority to solving one hard question while there are 10 easy ones that I can do within the same time (in GK test)...i.e. time management!

For all who didn't make it...specially Gustavo (one of my best friends), please try again...this is what I did, I know that life is unfair...but don't give up, thats what a Captain in Etihad said...DO NOT QUIT :ok:

If this Thread/Forum will stay active...I'll keep you updated about Stage 2 assessments.

Keygrip
5th Aug 2009, 10:55
*If I don't mind*?

Your post is exactly what the thread wanted - topical information and advice.

What frustrated us was the plethora of "Who's going?", "Does anyone have an e-mail?", "I haven't got one" type messages that meant absolutely nothing to readers. Al that stuff is for you to chat on facebook with, not PPRuNe.

Your last post was ideal.

=^..^=

RunSick
5th Aug 2009, 15:18
Best post in the whole thread. Congrats for that and of course for making it into the 2nd stage!
Now prepare, here comes the difficult part...:}

malirm
6th Aug 2009, 11:22
Hi People, I got some news...

Alots of people made it through the assessments in Abu Dhabi specially, I have no exact number (more than 28 i.e. more than FRA & LHR), competition will be really tough...thats alots of preparation!, if anybody knows the exact or Approx. number of the people who made it through to stage 2...please inform us :ugh:, afterall all what I am looking (dreaming) for since 2004 is to be an Etihad Captain flying "from Abu Dhabi to the world" :sad:

Hope I make it through :ok:...if anybody have/has any advise...please email me...I really need it to make my dream come true.

Gustavo_Nieto
6th Aug 2009, 13:15
Thanks Etihad , thanks M.D. for letting me have the best experience of my life, breathe the air of the Academy, and being surrounded by Etihad Pilots its awesome..:eek: and that encourages me to fight for this dream even more.
i'll see you in six months eh ! , i will be in Al Ain no matter what.
Malirm dear friend, you'll make it , you deserve it, you're very smart just study a lot
and wait for me in Al Ain ok? I'll be there soon ! I won't forget that you'll teach me arabic;)

malirm
6th Aug 2009, 18:21
No Problem man, I'll teach you Arabic like ABC :) I've done it before & I'll do it later, did you know that if you work in an airline & you know an extra laguage than English you get paid for it...in my case I was paid 600 AED in Emirates...I'm now refreshing my French & hope to get back on track soon!

About thanking Etihad...I would 2nd say what you said in your last post :ok:.

About the 2nd stage, I think there will be some Psychomotor, Group exercise, Interviews & some further testing...usually on the first 2 days !...what do you say guys?...am I the Only one in PPRuNe who has made it through?, come on, give me an idea :ugh:

BabyGirl
7th Aug 2009, 03:08
that is so unfair - when i was at the test i was the only girl and he (captain) looked at me and said play more games on the consoles
anyways i suppose practice makes perfect

flyawayk
10th Aug 2009, 16:23
Heartiest congratulations to all who have made it through the assessments so far. Must have been a tiring and fruitful journey for you guys and girls. I have my assessment in SIN called off. Hope that they will return here one day. Looking forward to that.

For those who did not go through, never give up trying. We shall strive for what we want to be. All the best to you people.

Marlim, been following closely to this forum. I must agree that you are one of the coolest guy I've seen over here. You don't need luck to proceed further. Its in your blood.

cheers peepz!:ok:

xxTS-IQQxx
12th Aug 2009, 21:06
congratulations malirm..It was obvious that you will make it..i mean you took the same tests for the second time (London 02/09)....thats why i was expecting that ....congratulations again :ok:

malirm
13th Aug 2009, 06:34
Thanks, thats true I had the tests before...but trust me...it changed outof 35 GK questions...only 6 were common to me, others were new :ok:...and harder!

It all depends on previous experience...specially in Psychometric tests :)

KimJayemien
14th Aug 2009, 06:13
hey all, names kim and m new here. i was supposed to go for my assessment in september in Singapore but it got cancled due to the current economy climate. does anyone know whether its coming back on? m studying on my own now to prepare myself for the assessments. hope to get some advice from all that have went for the assessment.

cheers,
kim

captain abdullah
14th Aug 2009, 11:26
Hi to all of u
the first of all good luck to all
i need ur help i have been in al eithad assesment but i failed in the psychomotor test and i need ur help tell if theres a way to practice the 2 lines test the vertical and the horizantal plz i am waiting for ur reply

Keygrip
14th Aug 2009, 11:47
abdullah - what are you doing?

Same message posted four times - the last three showing posted within a few minutes of each other.

Also - do NOT use txt spk abbrvs in here. Use ur full keybrd.

xxTS-IQQxx
14th Aug 2009, 12:12
What is Aaabdullah supposed to mean

if i recall correctly the terms of use..this page IS public and everyone is allowed to take part in the forum. But if you do not appreciate muslems (which is obvious in this case and we all know why...) keep it for yourself....it might be very very expensive . so please DO not use these expressions.any more
its a discrimination

Keygrip
14th Aug 2009, 14:48
For goodness sake, IQQ, don't even TRY with that one.

The comment was addressed to the previous poster - read the messages.....and their user names.

captain abdullah
15th Aug 2009, 10:39
i have a problem with the psychomotor test in eithad and i need help or advice to pass this test

Keygrip
15th Aug 2009, 11:59
I understand that, CA, but you posted the same question FOUR times within less than an hour.

I removed three of them - leaving your best one for others to respond to.

Just post the message and WAIT for someone to get back to you.

I do note, however, that the message I left in view has disappeared. I can assure you *I* did not remove it. I'll re-open one of the others.

Having said that, it may be worth your while to look at the thread "PILAPT type game" in this forum.

Etihadghostrider
16th Aug 2009, 09:18
I think you must mean you had a problem with the Psychometric testing. Psychomotor testing comes in the second stage assesment.

You wouldn't know what you passed or failed on in the first stage as they give no feed back. Try looking at the Quantas Cadet Pilot online test.

That might help.

RunSick
16th Aug 2009, 15:34
The computer gives you the feedback (1-10) after each of three tries at the ILS. If you for example score 0 - 0 - 1, you can be pretty sure how you did it.:E

captain abdullah
16th Aug 2009, 16:33
i got 2-3-1

RunSick
17th Aug 2009, 02:01
That's one of the worst case scenarios, low scores, no improving (sorry about that).
The capacity of LEARNING and IMPROVING is what's being measured, apart from your hand-eye coordination of course. So, I would say any result below 5 = fail. 5 or more it's fundamental to get better each time. For example, it's better to achive 5-6-7 than say 8-7-6.

malirm
17th Aug 2009, 04:57
I got 5-6-7, then got in the flying through the squares about 9-10-9 :ok:...I didn't know about the rest!, hope I get a high score in the shapes & colours...thanks Keygrip for the clue...it is a really nice & enjoyable game

A must try...even if you didn't get through! OneMoreLevel.com - Multitask (http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/multitask)

gb1421
18th Aug 2009, 00:27
Hi all,

I am sorry if this has been answered a thousand times but I am trying to find the link to the Etihad Global Cadet Programme and all I can find is the UAE nationals page; so please could you give me the link to the cadet page or has it been closed to non uae nationals?

Thank you

George

Matt101
18th Aug 2009, 06:24
The programme is currently closed to international applicants. Check back in 2010 i believe. good luck!

Hippieman
19th Aug 2009, 09:08
Hi people,

I will be attending the 2nd round of the cadet pilot assessment in Abu Dhabi. I passed the 1st round of the Sydney assessment.

I hope to see all those that are invited for the 2nd round there.

Best of luck with the preparations.:):ok:

captain abdullah
20th Aug 2009, 00:34
hello good luck but i want to ask what is the 2nd round assesment

LEvans
20th Aug 2009, 10:16
Hey Guys,

For everyone else attending the second round - Have you received your travel documents from Etihad yet?

FlyBoyFryer
20th Aug 2009, 10:18
hello good luck but i want to ask what is the 2nd round assesment

omg... trying in both senses of the word? :ugh:

malirm
20th Aug 2009, 16:44
Nothing till this moment, maybe because most of AUH assessment guys are actual residents of UAE (low number of Flight Arrangemts), I think its enough to be informed about the dates beforehand (8 - 10 Sep.) to get us ready, maybe the confirmation/extra info email will be sent 1 week earlier (31 Aug or 1 Sep)...hope not later :)

Hope a good number makes it through out of 20 people who made it to Round 2

By the way...Ramadan Kareem , for those who don't know it, Google it :)

LEvans
22nd Aug 2009, 12:23
Only 20 people? How certain are you about that figure?

It just seems to be a lot less than I expected to make it through!

EYZ
26th Aug 2009, 08:33
I'm not sure what the relevance of knowing how many people are coming to the second round. How does it effect those coming? Is it that there are only 5 places or something?
As for guessing where people are coming from again, I would think there are bigger issues for those actually coming to the second round!!

Focus on the bigger picture folks!

malirm
26th Aug 2009, 09:42
Focus on the bigger picture folks!

Thanks for the advise EYZ ... exactly there is no point in guessing or counting, well to be honest, I posted numbers & some other stuff to protect some sides of my posts from "KeyGrip"...

I Just started preparing...(had GCAA tests this week & I nailed it) :ok:

This would be (maybe) one of my very last posts overhere...lets get professional :)

Gustavo_Nieto
26th Aug 2009, 12:48
Godd Luck to everyone specially to malirm , its just a matter of a few motnhs to see you in the Second Stage in AUH and finally in Al Ain, obviously after getting through Stage 1 wherever it is held next year in early moths ( i hope). Now i just have to wait and be good at my job here in Mexico to keep saving and attend to the assessment..i can't wait!!, i can't see myself doing any other thing that being part of Etihad. oh man... :bored: .what can i say...
Regards EYZ !

Mike Whiskey Romeo
1st Sep 2009, 17:12
Hi all,

Has anyone attending stage 2 next week heard from Etihad yet re flight tickets?

Mike

LEvans
2nd Sep 2009, 01:54
Mike - I'd email them if I were you. I've received my tickets, hotel accommodation and itineraries for the days that we will be over there.

malirm
3rd Sep 2009, 08:44
I just got the email, see you guys in the Hotel, I'll PM you to plan something for relaxation at the night before the test...& get you into bed on time :)

Hey LE Vans...I see you are in Group A...best way to start honestly

Good Luck...:ok:

Gustavo_Nieto
3rd Sep 2009, 13:40
Good Luck to All ! Enjoy that incredible experience.:ok:

malirm
10th Sep 2009, 14:21
Just came back from the assessments, I just wanted to thank Etihad for making it a really one of my best experiences...

well, they say that "Great people are those people who, when you sit with, you feel Great"...well thats Etihad People :ok: Thanks EY Cadet Team...

I want to thank all the guys who were with me in the first day & couldn't make it & I want to thank all the guys who were with me for the rest of the time or actually all the guys who I were with!...I really enjoyed it, sharing the stresses, laughs, up & downs...these days will be in my memory for ever :)

I have nothing more to say except "Fingers Crossed", I will be more than happy to hear some good news about you guys in the few coming days...hope you all get through, you are great...you deserve it :ok:

LEvans
15th Sep 2009, 05:52
So - Anyone heard anything back?

I'm still just waiting patiently for a no/maybe :)

malirm
15th Sep 2009, 09:14
I got a "NO"...pretty sure I know why (that's the advantage of being in Abu Dhabi for the last 21 Years), I'll feedback to all PPRuNers with the reason...:ok: its gonna take time, hope EY cadet team got what they want :) in the professional way that I experienced.

Anyways, I think you've made it man...see you again in Abu Dhabi (hopefully), I think I'll join Etihad in 2012 as a professional pilot.

aceman18
16th Sep 2009, 12:25
Sorry to hear that malirm. Did you get an email or phonecall? I Still haven't heard anything....

Bravo Papa
17th Sep 2009, 12:22
So Malirm.. Why do you think you got a "No"?

RunSick
17th Sep 2009, 13:45
Yes, I think that would be some valuable information. Why do think you got the "no"

malirm
17th Sep 2009, 15:48
Hi guys, thank you for the question...I am in the process to confirm excatly what happened, I won't spread it on PPRuNe...I think it'll be better to inform EY, anyways...it isn't important until I confirm it. I have established some kind of contact that I must say...really professional & concerned.

Please don't get the picture of me going against Etihad or hating it, I still have the aircraft models in my room & still sure that I'll be one of Etihad Flight Crews, my problem is simple & I hope to get some good feedback from Etihad within the coming few days according to what I got.

For the guys waiting for the email, I think they are still processing, for me, I got a definitive "NO"...i.e. you are way better than me, where I can say I am really proud to have met you guys, anyways, I am in Abu Dhabi, we can still meet when you come for the training...I have alots of ground school preparation materials & other stuff that could help you in your training :ok:.

I know that I'll be flying anyways, see you in 2012 in Etihad, I always have a plan B, specially in Aviation, I am preparing for Plan C!, good luck, now the responsiblity starts...takecare, don't be arrogant...although you made it through hundreds of people.

Keygrip
21st Sep 2009, 02:42
Your "cool", malirm. Needs must?

YarreYarran
22nd Sep 2009, 20:45
Hi Friends,
I submitted my application back in May, but havent got any reply except one automated reply from Eithad. So where exactly i stands. Is it just simply means that they are not conducting any more assesments or they just holding it for next assesment ?
Have we got any more assesment coming in this years or next year ???

Hippieman
22nd Sep 2009, 21:05
Etihad stopped accepting applications for the cadet pilot assessment early this year because all of the places got filled up.

I assume thats why you didn't get a reply from them.

They might put your application on hold for next year's assessment but I am not sure.

You should contact them and ask them or re-apply for next year's assessment.

Applications for next year's assessment should be open by the end of this year, on the Etihad careers website.

Best of luck :ok:

AzzKeeka
24th Sep 2009, 06:07
do you know when they will begin?
at this point i am not even sure if they are having another year of assesssments :(
i tried to make it for abu dhabi this year but i was stranded in quebec and as an english speaker from toronto.. it wasnt so easy ill tell ya that! but atleast i can speak french now :D!

any information on future assessments would be very much appreciated!!

LEvans
5th Oct 2009, 14:49
Digging up an old thread - but I was accepted, and am now in the holding pool waiting for a start date!

I'm still shocked. What an absolute awesome experience it was, and I just like to say thanks to all the people at Etihad for the experience and opportunity!

Anyone else lurking who was accepted from the last batch?

Hippieman
9th Oct 2009, 23:55
Etihad pays for accommodation and travel for the second round of the selection process in the UAE, but not for the first round of the selection process. The first round is conducted in various cities around the world, you can choose which city to attend it in. Only successful applicants from the first round go to the second round.
All the best!

Ronand
10th Oct 2009, 19:30
Does anyone know If it is still possible to apply for the next global cadet programme?
I can't find it anymore on their homepage..:rolleyes:

Hippieman
10th Oct 2009, 23:41
No it is not possible to apply yet.
It should be possible soon though so keep checking.

satwikroy
16th Oct 2009, 01:46
in the assessment for 2010 or 2011(if they go that further) I hope that they keep an Indian city as one of their assessment centers as this will give atleast one oppurtunity to the vast yet financially weak talent available in India. :ok: :ok: :ok:

FL999
16th Oct 2009, 05:27
HE means that many people cannot afford to pay for a trip to london or Singapore let alone pay for their own CPL. Im one of them. I had to go through hell to buy a ticket to London for the Feb assessments. Didnt get through to stage 2 so basically its $1500 down the drain(not counting living expenses)Mind you I blame no one but myself cause i know where I went wrong but im just saying. Many people dont have those opportunities and tehres a lot of potential out there. but arent there cadet pilot schemes in India?! You'd think there'd be loads. in my country theres one airline and they hire cadets every 3-4 years:(.

satwikroy
16th Oct 2009, 05:35
@FL999
there were cadet pilot programs set up by SpiceJet Airlines , Indigo Airlines & Kingfisher Airlines in India. But the problem is that neither do they sponsor the cadets training nor they garauntee a job which is the worst part of it. SpiceJet specially proved to be the worst as they took in nearly 120 candidates to give job to only 5 or 6 .Indigo was doing well but for some reason they have temporarily shut down their cadet pilot scheme. No news of the Kingfisher Airlines.
by the way which country are you from??

Ronand
16th Oct 2009, 10:02
Well I think it would be just fair if they are holding the assesment again in London. This way people from the most countries can get there fairly cheap... If they would choose India everybody else would have huge travel expenses....
But who knows if there will be a next assesment.... Couldn't attend the last ones (fell sick just 2 days before):ugh:

satwikroy
16th Oct 2009, 11:15
@Ronand
the airlines should opt for a system where everyone can get equal oppurtunities. Reaching London can be cheap for people of some countries
(like Ireland & other european countries) but for some it is cheap travelling to India(like the asian countries). After all what will be the use of a GLOBAL CADET PILOT PROGRAM if it does not give equal oppurtunity to everyone.
Since you talk of everybodies travelling expenses becoming huge do you mean to say that there are interested candidates in Europe only??

Ronand
16th Oct 2009, 11:23
True, but I just hope it will be somewhere in Europe! Does anyone know all cities which have been chosen for assesments in the last years?

satwikroy
16th Oct 2009, 12:34
@ wannabeQF:
get a reality check man!! India along with China are two of the most speedily developing economies
in this time of recession major industries are looking towards India so why the aviation industry should be any different?
besides that a lot of the successful people in USA/Europe are Indians suggesting their is no lack of talent in India but just the right resources are not available to everyone.
And what do you really mean by a 'third world country'?
U seem to be a big fan of former Australian Cricketer Matthew Hayden who made a similar comment .

satwikroy
16th Oct 2009, 13:44
read my earlier post on this very thread regarding the situation of the cadet pilot schemes in India & u will get to know why I am looking forward to Etihad & Cathay