PDA

View Full Version : What flight attendants hate about you

TheOtherGuy
5th Jun 2009, 01:54
Reader's Comments: What flight attendants hate about you | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/comments/0,23600,25580487-5014090,00.html)

UniFoxOs
5th Jun 2009, 07:56
I try to be a good passenger, courtesy and consideration are always appreciated (I have been in a service industry most of my life so see it from the other side). The only one of the complaints in the list that I would say I am guilty of is loitering longer than necessary in the galley area (long haul only, of course), probabably because the FAs are more interesting people to be with than most of the other pax, and it is usually possible to pick up some useful info about the destination when chatting to them.

I'll try to do it less in future.

Cheers
UFO

TightSlot
5th Jun 2009, 13:06
I'll try to do it less in future.

Don't - you're fine. The views cited in the article are those considered most likely to sell a magazine (or whatever it is) and are therefore at the extremes of opinion. This will no doubt cue a raft of posts providing anecdotal evidence of one kind or another in order to shore-up an established position.

The truth, as always, is less spectacular - most FA's go to work to do a good job and do so, without drama.

Glamgirl
5th Jun 2009, 13:47
I must say those comments from people after the article are hilarious! Some are very rude, but to me that just shows ignorance. Hosties are getting wound up and some are just plain bonkers. I'd recommend anyone to read those comments (or at least some of them, as there are rather a lot...). Don't take it too seriously though...

Gg

ps. At this moment in time I'm glad I'm not cc in Oz...

Final 3 Greens
5th Jun 2009, 14:09
Mmmmmmm....

Sounds like some of them are in the wrong job.

They should come with me for a few days and see what challenging customer behaviour is really like.

Will I take much notice of this article? No, but then I don't reallly care what shop assistants think of me, either, so long as they do their job efficiently.

Cabin crew are primarily there for my safety and I always listen to the brief and their instructions very carefully.

Beyond that, I'll be polite and certainly close the loo door :eek:, but they are not my friends (apart from a few on my local airline) and I couldn't really give a monkey's, to be honest.