PDA

View Full Version : Invalid Hash

Jofm5
4th Jun 2009, 22:10
Not sure why,

When PM'ing a fellow member on here and providing my email address the site is covering over my email address with a white box with black writing saying incorrect hash.

Its a pain but easily worked around - just wondering why its happening and what its trying to do.

Cheers

Saab Dastard
4th Jun 2009, 22:13
Known, site wide problem. Been broken a few days now.

The back room boys are scratching their heads (and other parts) as we speak.

SD

Jofm5
5th Jun 2009, 06:04
no problem as can work around - if you have any info in what its trying to do I may help.

Kelly Hopper
13th Jun 2009, 06:31
Any chance of this getting fixed soon as I am being sent email addresses but cannot read them?

Saab Dastard
13th Jun 2009, 09:39
IB are working on it.

They are hopeful of fixing it within a week.

SD

Keef
13th Jun 2009, 22:14
I'm disappointed. I thought it was the "stuff" PPRuNe Pop is on.

Saab Dastard
13th Jun 2009, 23:41
I thought it was the "stuff" PPRuNe Pop is on.

Ah, Now, Well, You see, He's on "invalid hash" - we're talking about "incorrect hash" here. ;)

SD

BOAC
14th Jun 2009, 08:58
Maybe he's getting it 'on the street'?

Saab Dastard
15th Jun 2009, 22:56
Email addresses now restored, "invalid hash" returned to hospital canteen! ;)

SD

Saab Dastard
16th Jun 2009, 13:29
Now broken again.

Dear oh dear.

SD

Saab Dastard
16th Jun 2009, 18:15
Now working again.

This is getting like the joke about the car indicator bulbs... :hmm:

SD

Jofm5
29th Jun 2009, 14:52
Someone switched the indicators on again ?

Got a PM yesterday - emailed them, went to check the email address today and have [invalid hash].

Mike-Bracknell
23rd Jul 2009, 17:08
It wouldn't happen to be a part of the new "security" anti-spambot software would it?

Saab Dastard
5th Aug 2009, 19:27
For those interested, this turns out to be a server-side problem.

Converting the email to a readable image is a compute-intensive task, and apparently, the time it takes for the email to be converted to an image is too long for the webserver serving the page, so it fails to load the email image and just displays the Invalid Hash message (I assume this is a default image).

You can generally get the email to display correctly by refreshing the page (or better forcing a reload).

The problem is worst with a page with multiple email addresses - often only the first few will load, and the rest fail.

But refresh will usually get the desired result - eventually.

There is no plan to modify anything, as there are ways of getting at the email address (mentioned in this thread), and its primary function is fulfilled - preventing spambots from harvesting addresses.

SD