PDA

View Full Version : interestingg!!

tangowithtushar
4th Jun 2009, 04:53
go air recruiting trainee fo's and rhs guys...
but the requirements err.. 300 hrs!! a good ploy to filter out bulk of the candidates.. but the thing remains unless u are small time instructor how do u expect to reach 300 hrs.. before the bashing begins let me just clear it out i just wanted to share this new piece of news... and was just wondering is this a new path airlines are gonna take now.. step it upto 300.. and c how many turn up?? if so.. then its high time i think about going back to canada where i got my foreign cpl from...

heres the link

Aircraft Handling Services India, Air Cargo Services India : GoAir (http://www.goair.in/co-pilot.asp)

sky jet
4th Jun 2009, 11:46
It is usual for airlines to raise their mins when there is a surplus of pilots. I would bet that 300 hours will not even get you a second look right now unless you have serious pull inside an airline. It is all supply and demand. Right now its lots of supply and very little demand. I think this will be the way it is in India (much as it has been in the rest of the world) for the next few years at least. If you can find a job teaching or flying smaller aircraft to make your self more competative I would start sooner rather than later.

Jet

red gaint
4th Jun 2009, 12:25
With GoAir the requirements had always been little higher.

As of now I don't think they are hiring......the link you provided is old.

Special Air Transport Services India, Airline Charter Services India : GoAir (http://www.goair.in/careers.asp)

gottofly
4th Jun 2009, 14:15
supply and demand is correct.
currently,airlines will probably ask u to shell out type rating money...almost 25 lacs.....if u consider any job.

i think preferance is
if one has all licences current and type rated
then if one has 100hrs multi or more,
then more hours and so on...

not mentioning who the person knows in the airline..

GOOD LUCK to all lookin for a job in India.dont give up hope...:ok:

tangowithtushar
5th Jun 2009, 06:18
canada where i did my foreign cpl from is country of caravans twin otters beavers 206's and thus boasting of a large accomadating general aviation but when it comes to india dynamics change drastically ... 1 look at the state of the planes in our local flying clubs and 1 would feel its safer to be on land then be in the diseased cessna 152.. but i face the same dilemma like many other indian cpl holders right now.. to wait for something to come up i.e air or ic... or take the plunge again ask our dad to shell out money again and pack our bags fr us or canada for instructor rating ... the local flying clubs dont give u preference for jobs as afi theyd rather have the students who completed the cpl with them... even the likes of ap flying club etc.. plus the rates of flying per hour is 10 k rs per hour i.e 200$ per hr...i know india along with china was the onli country which placed you at d rhs of a boeing or an airbus .. but that time is long gone.. im not cribbing or crying over the present slump and i know not evry1 has the privilege of having a 320 after Pa-34 in the log book and 1 has to work his way up... like most of the experienced pilots have done.but going back again fr instructor rating is another 8 thousand to 10 thousand us $ along with living expense over there is logistically taxing as.. even the flying clubs are reporting no dearth of flying instructors personaly my flying club has given me no guarantee of employment after the instructor rating .. so TO GO or NOT to GO is the dilemma for not so rich people like me.. another question is that is there anything new on the radar ive been hearing rumours about indian airlines popping up in july is it true..??? anythign that 1 knows ...??indigo was rumours to pick people up in september but that also was denied by some well placed official in indigo..
what about the last batch of guys inducted by air india ...is it true that their induction has been put on hold..

TopTup
5th Jun 2009, 09:03
In countries with "standards" the min hours for an airline job (typically SECOND officer!) is 1500 hrs TT, ATPL with 500 hrs IN COMMAND of twin aircraft. That is the MINIMUM! So, to be competetive you'll need perhaps double that with perhaps 1000-2000 hrs turbine time.

So, what are the telling you re the 300 hr requirement? "Go out and get a job and build up "some" hours!" They are culling out those who sit around and wait for a job from those who have a true passion and go out and MAKE IT HAPPEN.

You don't need to be rich to send out a CV, to knock on the door of a light aeroplane operator, to show some determination and drive..... I know of guys/girls who have driven for weeks on end with nothing but the list of places & people to ask for a job to build up those initial hours. It shows integrity.

Min requirements are the first interview stage.

Or! Bribe someone in the DGCA or AI, and hey presto! You'll be in the right seat of a shiny 777 in 4-6 weeks!