PDA

View Full Version : Well Done, Chaps!

BEagle
2nd Jun 2009, 15:06
(and chapesses too, perhaps, these days):
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/nw969/Internet/zxzxz.jpg

From BBC News:

UK forces 'kill Taliban leader'

One of the most dangerous Taliban leaders in Afghanistan has been killed by British forces in a helicopter attack, the Ministry of Defence says.

Mullah Mansur is believed to be behind a number of suicide bombings that have claimed British lives in and around Lashkar Gah, Helmand Province.

One is said to have killed Sgt Ben Ross of the Royal Military Police and Gurkha Corporal Kumar Pun in Gereshk on 7 May.

Mansur and several accomplices died in a "precision strike", commanders say.

Task Force Helmand spokesman Lt Col Nick Richardson said Mansur - who created and supplied improvised explosives - was one of the most dangerous men in Helmand.

He said: "The attacks he helped plan and execute have probably killed or wounded hundreds of people, and most of them have been either Afghan civilians or police.

"This operation was the culmination of months of effort and the strike itself was carefully coordinated and checked to ensure there were no civilians in the area.

"The death of Mullah Mansur is the latest in a series of prominent insurgent commanders and signals another serious blow to the insurgency."

As they say..."RESULT!!"

Gainesy
2nd Jun 2009, 16:10
He was one of the gits that persuaded others, including kids, that martyrdom is glorious while keeping his butt out of harm's way.

Stitch that, hope it really hurt and he saw it coming.:)

BZ Apache Mates.:ok:

Data-Lynx
2nd Jun 2009, 17:25
Even the MoD Web has recognised it as a stirring success in a British Apache Strike (http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/MilitaryOperations/SeniorTalibanLeaderKilledInBritishApacheStrike.htm). Well planned and thoroughly well executed, it brings a satisfyingly lethal emphasis to the 'dead of night'.

petoprobe
2nd Jun 2009, 18:12
"Let loose the dogs"

fallmonk
2nd Jun 2009, 18:29
Well done to the boys n girls of the Army Air Corps ! :ok:

I hope there is a cool beer at the bar/naafi for you all when u get home

Double Zero
2nd Jun 2009, 19:28
Couldn't agree more.

It's always been a mystery to me how these gits can say " do an attack & you'll go straight to heaven with copious virgins etc " without someone saying " if it's such a bright idea why don't YOU do it ?! ".

November4
2nd Jun 2009, 19:33
Well done - just thinking about that beer the (IIRC) Royal Anglians had brewed....I'd be in for a few bottles if the AAC had a similar one ....just for the charity element of course....

BEagle
2nd Jun 2009, 20:15
No heaven
No 21 virgins....

Just a bloke with a pointy tail, horns and a toasting fork announcing: "Well, well, well. Mr Mansur, we've been expecting you. BŁoody hot here, isn't it? And boy are you ever going to learn how wrong you were.......!"

Guzlin Adnams
2nd Jun 2009, 20:42
:ok: Result.
Good time to purchase a few bottles of Bartrams AH64 from Rougham, abv 6% ish.....and send it to the appropriate hot and sandy place.
Well done chaps.

BEagle
2nd Jun 2009, 21:46
Al-Qaeda deputy denounces Obama

Ayman al-Zawahiri said Barack Obama was not welcome in Egypt
A message attributed to the deputy leader of al-Qaeda has denounced Barack Obama as a "criminal" on the eve of the US president's Middle East trip.

Ayman al-Zawahiri said Mr Obama's "bloody messages" would not be concealed by "polished words".

The US president is due to make a major speech on relations with the Muslim world in Egypt later this week.

The authenticity of the audio message, posted on a website linked to al-Qaeda, could not immediately be confirmed.

The Egyptian-born Ayman al-Zawahiri is often referred to as Osama Bin Laden's right-hand man and al-Qaeda's chief ideologue.

Cairo speech

The al-Qaeda number two said Mr Obama would not be welcome in Egypt, and referred to US campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mr Obama's "bloody messages have been received and are still being received and they will not be covered by public relations campaigns or theatrical visits or polished words", he said.

He called Mr Obama "that criminal who came seeking, with deception, to obtain what he failed to achieve on the ground after the mujahideen ruined the project of the Crusader America in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Somalia".

He also said the Egyptian officials who will welcome the American leader are "slaves" who have turned Egypt into an "international station of torture in America's war on Islam".

Ahead of his trip to the Middle East and Europe, Mr Obama told the BBC that he wanted to "open a dialogue" between the West and the Muslim world to overcome what he said were "misapprehensions" on both sides.

He will travel to Egypt on Thursday, where he will make a speech at Cairo University.

In the audience will be 10 senior figures from the banned Islamist group the Muslim Brotherhood, the BBC's Christian Fraser reports from Cairo.

They welcome the president's visit to Egypt as long as he takes a firm stance on the Israel-Palestinian issue and works to build ties with the Muslim world, our correspondent adds.

Can you hear those helicopters, Mr Zawhiri?

No?

Well, keep listening. It won't be long before you do - albeit probably quite briefly.....

Follow Me Through
3rd Jun 2009, 05:25
Double Zero

Check him out on YouTube. "I want to see the instructor - right lads I'm only going to show you this once" priceless......

Biggles225
3rd Jun 2009, 08:39
DZ
What they haven't been told is that they are the virgins! :eek:

Lima Juliet
3rd Jun 2009, 18:56
Yup, well done indeed :D

Saw this the other day and it made me think "more Apaches and more Reapers" (and less gung-ho Yanks - yee!ha!)...be warned it is quite shocking in places for those not used to combat ops.

LiveLeak.com - Have a nice trip to hell Terrorists Compilation (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c6f_1218574142&c=1)