PDA

View Full Version : More S92's for Australia

baldebanger
2nd Jun 2009, 05:59
Strong rumour has it that x3 S-92's will soon be arriving in S.E. Australia for a very lengthy offshore contract.

Unfortunately pilots lined up for this work are Brits, working for far less rates than Oz pilots.

Banger

Impress to inflate
2nd Jun 2009, 08:12
Good to see more large twins heading down-under but I strongly disagree about the Brits working for less than Oz pilots. Where did you get that info from ? I know that large twin pilots in Europe earn more than in Oz.

s92fella
2nd Jun 2009, 10:58
Really which company?

Blackhawk9
2nd Jun 2009, 11:36
We can all dream! Wish we had 3 more 92's here. First i've heard of it!

Loose Mast Nut
2nd Jun 2009, 11:42
Come on Baldy, you know where their coming from!

The big and wounded Cat has a few to many at the moment.

The bigger CHC and BH had better watch their backs, as Canaks certainly will work for less.

Its not the SE either.

Think I'll go get Fush and Chups for lunch.

bladebanger
2nd Jun 2009, 12:09
I would say they are 225's that are for the CP contract.

The Big cat is almost 100% sure not to be offered any new contracts in this country in the near future.

Banger (the real Banger) :>)

the delaminator
2nd Jun 2009, 20:10
The Big cat is almost 100% sure not to be offered any new contracts in this country in the near future.

Why is that??? Did they p1ss somebody off??

ppng
2nd Jun 2009, 20:54
Just get the aircraft onto the Oz Register, no matter who is flying. It will filter down eventually.

Yikes
3rd Jun 2009, 06:55
Caution wind up alert

mmmmmmmmmm let me see VH registered aircraft with Brit expat pilots exercising their Brit licenses for less money.........that will last all of 90 days..........might want to check with department of immigration re current policy on importation of offshore labor, I think you may find that there has been a shift in the goal posts.

Even if aircraft are on Brit register that will last.......wait take a guess 90 days

Who's going to pay for these machines.....now thats an interesting question

unstable load
3rd Jun 2009, 12:37
Then how can CHC be talking about non Aus guys going there if/when the Puma job comes online?
Are there sufficient sufficiently qualified blokes in Aus currently available ASAP or how does this work?
I am not a pilot, and non Puma/92 so just curious.

bladebanger
4th Jun 2009, 02:26
Delaminator,

No not at all. But they have had a very bad misshap what we all know about.
So if you look at the operators in Australia now, Bristow, Chc, Australian, Jayrow you will note that they have not lost an offshore machine for a good period of time.
So when they look at this from a contracts point of view, you will look at risk, HISTORY, etc
Now I am not saying that they are doddgy or anything like that. i am just stating the facts and I know they will take EVERYTHING into account. hence my post 100% sure they will not be offered a contract in this country for some period of time.

Banger

Sorry if this dissapoints you but just stating the facts

Outwest
4th Jun 2009, 03:13
No not at all. But they have had a very bad misshap what we all know about.
So if you look at the operators in Australia now, Bristow, Chc, Australian, Jayrow you will note that they have not lost an offshore machine for a good period of time.
So when they look at this from a contracts point of view, you will look at risk, HISTORY, etc
Now I am not saying that they are doddgy or anything like that. i am just stating the facts and I know they will take EVERYTHING into account. hence my post 100% sure they will not be offered a contract in this country for some period of time.

HOGWASH!!! I had a few other choice words, but those would have been deleted.......

the delaminator
4th Jun 2009, 03:48
I'll bet you a steak sangie and a beer you will eat those words in fairly short order.

The Big Kitty is coming my loves. Better get your CV's out.

floatsarmed
4th Jun 2009, 05:53
I heard on the grapevine that Cougar just bought out about half of HNZ (offshore)?

That would get some bigger machinery into the North West and allow HNZ to bid on all available contracts coming up in the next 12 months or so. HNZ have effectively 'bought in' experience in operating the bigger machines.

industry insider
4th Jun 2009, 06:27
Floats

You are right on the money. Big Kitty is bringing in some big helicopters soon.

212man
4th Jun 2009, 06:58
It's been known about in Cougar for ages, and was hinted at strongly here - the following is a quote from a thread last October:

Operating 92's in Eastern Canada, Angola and soon to Australia.

Heliringer
4th Jun 2009, 07:23
Are Cougar setting up a new operation or growing thier operations under the Jayrow AOC?

Australian crews or Canadians?

Where is this rumoured contract to be based?

Interesting times and yea my CV is up to date!!!! If they are looking for Copilots!!!

s92fella
4th Jun 2009, 08:01
So is mine!

chcoffshore
4th Jun 2009, 09:00
Me to :cool:

Blackhawk9
4th Jun 2009, 11:03
I believe Cougar currently operate 5 x S-92's as four are needed for the Contract out of StJohns that only leaves one so a bit hard to bring 3 to Oz (unless they are haveing more delivered soon?), but we will see what happens!!!

920010 C-GSCH
920023 C-GMCH
920048 C-GZCH (Written off)
920061 C-GTCH
920074 C-GQCH
920080 C-GVCH

leading edge
4th Jun 2009, 14:41
Ringer

Nothing to do with Jayrow now that RS is no longer with them and has been with VIH Cougar for 12 months.

In fact, the Jayrow relationship may not last too long as the big cat will be going their own way buying into and or JV with HNZ who already has an AOC.

This is not necessarily good news for Jayrow as the cat will be competing for contracts with newer, larger equipment and with enough cash to fund facilities and working capital to get started.

Interesting times.

baldebanger
7th Jun 2009, 06:11
Sorry chaps, but I was wrong with x3 S-92's coming in, it is only x2 and the word is that they are yellow.

I wish I was wrong about the pommy pilots, but that rumour is stronger than ever. I believe they have been working in the US.

Also, the engineers will be Australian, overseen by the operator, they are heading off to FSI in August for their course.

Banger

Blackhawk9
7th Jun 2009, 11:11
Yellow?........ PHI they have 12 x 92's and they have been in Oz before many years ago.

and i'm not sure if the last 2 have been delivered yet.

leading edge
8th Jun 2009, 00:04
Blackhawk 9

When do you think PHI was in Australia?

I don't think PHI has ever operated in Australia.

Blackhawk9
8th Jun 2009, 02:04
Thought they were here in the 70's but I may be wrong, also out with my numbers
11 x 92's in service with 3 more to be delivered.

Davey Croppet
11th Jun 2009, 06:20
Hey I have also heard that the drivers are from the States and yes the Aircraft are yellow, Plus Aussie engineers possible one or two Kiwis as well.

Croppet

Mountain Top Bankstown