PDA

View Full Version : Asperatus Clouds

Pace
1st Jun 2009, 10:08
We have a new type of cloud to add to the usual list anyone an expert on them ?

The cloud with no name: Meteorologists campaign to classify unique 'Asperatus' clouds seen across the world | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1189877/The-cloud-Meteorologists-campaign-classify-unique-Asperatus-clouds-seen-world.html)

AreWeNearlyThere
1st Jun 2009, 10:35
They look absolutely stunning but I'd be very concerned to head into them!

dont overfil
1st Jun 2009, 13:57
I photographed similar clouds on Tenerife a couple of years ago in the lee of Mount Teide.
They were no problem and quite smooth but then I was just driving through them.
DO.

liam548
1st Jun 2009, 15:50
they look awesome. Belong in some kind of harry potter film!!!

Surely though these clouds have been around forever, why just name them now?

Pace
1st Jun 2009, 16:50
Surely though these clouds have been around forever, why just name them now?

They will probably be claimed as the result of global warming never seen before ;) Have seen something similar about 10 years ago caused I believe by embedded CBS above lower layers. Does anyone know the Physics of the formations?

Pace

aviate1138
1st Jun 2009, 16:51
Surely most glider pilots can recall many similar cloud configurations over the years. I was seeing this sort of thing in the Cairngorms in the late 50's and in North Wales and in the Californian/ Sierras many times in the 70's and 80's. In one of the blogs there was a hint that it might be connected with, [dare I mention it???] tired old Global/Carbon/Shift/Pollution etc ad nauseam........

This must be because too many Meteorology academics have nothing better to do.......

As for the Dorset Doughnut......... Try Photoshop/Chemtrails/Crop Circles........