PDA

View Full Version : NZ logbook in Australia?

Frying Pirate
31st May 2009, 07:47
Hi Guys
I'm moving across the ditch next month to look for pilot jobs. I have an NZ logbook only half full and was wondering what to do about recording flying hours in Australia. Do I get an Aussie logbook or record my hours in my NZ logbook? Can anyone point me in the direction of other posts on this matter or where to find it on the CAA or CASA websites?
Thanks

apache
31st May 2009, 08:03
just keep on using yer Kiwi one. it doesn't matter!

PyroTek
31st May 2009, 08:13
What one of my instructors does, whenever he flies in another country, he leaves a row and in the rego column for that row he puts a line from bottom left to top right of the box, and under the line puts "VH" or "ZK" etc. depending on the country.

:ok:Pyro

chimbu warrior
31st May 2009, 08:22
A logbook is a logbook. No need to seek a new one, the Kiwi logbook is fine.

I don't see a need to leave lines between flights in different countries either. Simply write the full rego e.g ZK-AAA or VH-ZZZ.

Keep it simple.

Frying Pirate
31st May 2009, 10:19
Thanks everyone

Biggles24
16th Feb 2015, 13:34
A few years have passed since this thread was launched.
So considering all the P61 fluffing coming into play is this still correct?
As I have a brand-spanking new Aussi logbook that's yet to be written in, I am keen to use it while here. Its columns cater to specs unique to Aus (eg: ICUS, which is seperate from dual) while its instrument flight-specific pages are a good idea too.

Issue1: What process have others done when it comes to the endorsement and ratings pages at the front? No sane instructor would surely sign it off without testing at least going for a flight.

Issue2: If I returned to NZ and logged some time I would log it in my NZ logbook. But I would then be guilty of using two logbooks! Bu I am sure ai am not the first with this problem. So therefore just ditch it and stick with my Kiwi one?
Cheers:ugh:

Tankengine
16th Feb 2015, 20:06
You only need one logbook, until it is full, then you need a second one, etc.:)

DeltaT
17th Feb 2015, 08:15
For flying Multicrew you might want to consider one logbook for Australia and another for how the rest of the world logs it.

LeadSled
18th Feb 2015, 13:34
For flying Multicrew you might want to consider one logbook for Australia and another for how the rest of the world logs it. Unless you are working for one of the Australian carriers that are smart enough to have a approval for their crews to log as per ICAO Annex 1 -- ie: like the rest of the world -- anytime time you, as an F/O, are pilot flying AICUS/P1 U/S/ Command Practice/ name of choice of your friendly NAA.

Tootle pip!!