PDA

View Full Version : Emailing Video

Sh3113y
31st May 2009, 05:37
Hi,

My friend is trying to email me a couple of videos of Burnley's homecoming parade last week (I'm sad I know!). The smallest is 11MB but it must still exceed the max size for an attachment (hotmail). Has anyone any ideas if there is anything we can do to make them smaller without losing quality?

Many thanks

Shelley

Bushfiva
31st May 2009, 06:27
You might try an intermediary service such as Yousendit or Rapidshare: the sender uploads to the site, which sends a URL where you can retrieve the file.

Sh3113y
31st May 2009, 06:48
Thanks, I'll ask her to try that but she has already got them up on Facebook. Just wondered if there is a way to get them down from there?

Ant
31st May 2009, 07:24
If you still want to try the email route you can split the files into smaller mailable chunks and re assemble at the receiving end.
HJ split (http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/) does the job well ...and is free!!

Background Noise
31st May 2009, 08:50
If you link up using messenger you can transfer files.

call100
31st May 2009, 19:49
Try these...
Eyejot - the easiest way to send video (http://www.eyejot.com/)

simple....and you get to see Burnley getting their well deserved home coming....:ok:

bnt
31st May 2009, 22:36
If you're using Firefox, there's a useful plugin called FlashGot that lets you download embedded videos from websites. I don't know exactly what Facebook does - never touch the stuff meself - but it's worth a go.

Sh3113y
6th Jun 2009, 05:58
Many thanks for all the replies. Never knew there was so much choice. I'm hoping to finally sort today with whatever my friend thinks easiest. Personally Eyejot looks the best otherwise may have to join the masses on MSN.

:ok:

Shelley

green granite
6th Jun 2009, 06:21
If you link up using messenger you can transfer files.

Also viruses and trojans etc...............................

Sh3113y
6th Jun 2009, 06:28
I suppose the same is for Skype as well then? Never used MSN as always used Skype for voice.